- Fixed a Xinerama drawable resource management problem that can cause GLXBadDrawable errors in certain cases, such as when Wine applications are run.
- Fixed XineramaQueryScreens to return 0 screens instead of 1 screen with the geometry of screen 0 when XineramaIsActive returns false. This conforms to the Xinerama manual page and fixes an interaction problem with Compiz when there is more than one X screen.
- Added support for new horizontal interlaced and checkerboard passive stereo modes.
- Fixed occasional X driver memory management performance problems when a composite manager is running.
- Fixed a bug with VT-switching or mode-switching while using Compiz; the bug could lead to a corrupted desktop (e.g., a white screen) or in the worst case an X server crash.
- Fixed a bug that could cause GPU errors in some cases while driving Quadro SDI products.
- Fixed a several second hang when VT-switching while OpenGL stereo applications were running on pre-G80 Quadro GPUs.
- Added support for multiple swap group members on G80 and later Quadro GPUs.
- Fixed the behavior of the NV_CTRL_FRAMELOCK_SYNC_DELAY NV-CONTROL attribute on Quadro G-Sync II.
- Fixed a problem with Quadro SDI where transitioning from "clone mode" to "OpenGL mode" would fail.
- Fixed VDPAU to eliminate some cases of corruption when decoding H.264 video containing field-coded reference frames on G84, G86, G92, G94, G96, or GT200 GPUs. Such streams are commonly found in DVB broadcasts.
- Slightly improved the performance of the VDPAU noise reduction algorithm.
- Enhanced VDPAU to validate whether overlay usage is supported by the current hardware configuration, and to automatically fall back to the blit-based presentation queue if required.
- Fixed error checking in VdpVideoMixerRender, to reject calls that specify more layers than the VdpMixer was created with.
- Modified VDPAU's VDPAU_DEBUG code to emit a complete backtrace on all platforms, not just on 32-bit Linux.
- Improved interaction between VDPAU and PowerMizer; appropriate performance levels should now be chosen for video playback of all standard resolutions on all supported GPUs.
- Fixed a bug in VDPAU that sometimes caused "display preemption" when the VdpDecoderCreate function failed.
- Fixed a potential segfault in the VDPAU trace library, triggered by a multi-threaded application creating a new VdpDevice in one thread, at the same time that another thread detected "display preemption".
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via FTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 185.18.14
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...5.18.14.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-185.18.14.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForce 6 series and newer
NVIDIA GPUs. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx
driver series, while GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 185.18.14
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678