Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-05-09, 07:20 PM   #49
jolle

Default Re: Left 4 Dead 2 arriving november 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanwithahat View Post
I kind of agree... I'd love to see the game come out as an update.... 4 maps, granted it does have alot of replay value.... 4 maps just istn' enough for the price. Knowing their pricing strategies i'll wait till it drops... alot.

It should be free for L4D 1 owners honestly...
5 campaigns is hardly the same as 4 maps though.
Id love to get this stuff for free, but I wont hesitate to pay for it after all the time I spent on L4D since release.
Granted, it prolly cant touch the price per hour on my BF2 account, or CS:S if there was such a stat monitor system for it.

Still, I hope they keep adding to the first game even after the second is released, cause Ill prolly be playing both back and forth just for the variation.
Old 06-05-09, 07:51 PM   #50
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
5 campaigns is hardly the same as 4 maps though.
Id love to get this stuff for free, but I wont hesitate to pay for it after all the time I spent on L4D since release.
Granted, it prolly cant touch the price per hour on my BF2 account, or CS:S if there was such a stat monitor system for it.

Still, I hope they keep adding to the first game even after the second is released, cause Ill prolly be playing both back and forth just for the variation.
Im willing to pay for it also... just not full retail. Give me it for $25 and I will be happy. It will then be an expansion pack. But it pisses me off that prior to L4D releasing they said they were going to have tons of DLC and all we got was a patch that added a new play mode...

Now their saying that L4D2 will have tons of DLC and they will continue to make DLC for the original... what a load of ****.
Old 06-06-09, 11:59 AM   #51
Yaboze

They are taking advantage of the Co-Op cash cow.

If it's cheap, I might consider it. If it's the same but with just new levels, that's lame.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 12:12 PM   #52
bacon12

I blame EA, rumor has it they injected 10 million to get L4d2 out this soon.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 12:23 PM   #53
XDanger
Whaaat?

If L4D2 contains L4D then I suppose you would be able to gift L4D.
Old 06-06-09, 02:04 PM   #54
|MaguS|

Hitler does not approve!
Old 06-06-09, 03:22 PM   #55
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Hitler does not approve!
I love those Hitler remixes... awesomeness.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 04:08 PM   #56
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

You guys who complained about L4D2 being released way too soon, go and be part of this steam group (so far almost 11,000 users). But seriously, it sounds like Diablo 3 all over again.

Price hasn't announced yet and if it was $19 then I wouldn't complain. If it's $49 or so, then something's not right.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4D2boycott

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-09, 05:00 PM   #57
Atomizer

IMO, if L4D2 contains 5 whole new compaigns, the 4 classic L4D campaigns, with it having its graphics ramped up, new characters, new enemies(take a closer look at the video if you didnt notice them) and new weapons(everyone forget about the chainsaw already?), I dont consider this expansion material, and while it prolly doesnt deserve full price, I think people are just throwing around alot of Valve hate for no real reason(that I can see anyway), sure if you dont like L4D to begin with, then obviously L4D2 isnt going to interest you.
I know I am gonna get alot of heat from this, but sure, ill be the public sacrifice :P

Edit: Just watched a gameplay video I hadnt seen yet, they even have different ammo types, and other melee weapons like an ax and frying pan, but *shrug*
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 05:10 PM   #58
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
You guys who complained about L4D2 being released way too soon, go and be part of this steam group (so far almost 11,000 users). But seriously, it sounds like Diablo 3 all over again.

Price hasn't announced yet and if it was $19 then I wouldn't complain. If it's $49 or so, then something's not right.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4D2boycott
Joined.
Old 06-06-09, 07:49 PM   #59
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
IMO, if L4D2 contains 5 whole new compaigns, the 4 classic L4D campaigns, with it having its graphics ramped up, new characters, new enemies(take a closer look at the video if you didnt notice them) and new weapons(everyone forget about the chainsaw already?), I dont consider this expansion material, and while it prolly doesnt deserve full price, I think people are just throwing around alot of Valve hate for no real reason(that I can see anyway), sure if you dont like L4D to begin with, then obviously L4D2 isnt going to interest you.
I know I am gonna get alot of heat from this, but sure, ill be the public sacrifice :P

Edit: Just watched a gameplay video I hadnt seen yet, they even have different ammo types, and other melee weapons like an ax and frying pan, but *shrug*
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54485

Quote:
Left 4 Dead writer Chet Faliszek has let loose with some intriguing details on the downloadable content for Valve's upcoming fast-paced zombie-tastic shooter for PC and Xbox 360. And yes, a flamethrower might be involved.

The company plans to add new scenarios to the game's initial 4, as well as new bosses and weapons. "There were strong hints at a flamethrower coming not long after launch," 1UP reported after talking to Faliszek.
Article dated Aug 08. This is one of many where valve promised the moon wrt L4D DLC.

They released a new game mode, and that's it. Now L4D2 is being touted as a "sequel".

How do you have a sequel for what are essentially 4 stand alone 'movies?

My bet is this L4D2 consists of a bunch of what was intended to be DLC at the start.

In short - they lied, period.
Old 06-06-09, 08:10 PM   #60
|MaguS|

They saw how well the original sold and instead of making some money from DLC they wanted **** loads again and took the DLC they made and are going to sell it as a retail product.

Honestly, if they want to get on the goodside of people. Fine release L4D2 but also release the same content as DLC for abit cheaper for owners of the original. Then you can get the new people and make the original owners happy.