Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-07-09, 02:43 AM   #1
pakotlar

Default Problem with Win 7 running out of memory during software installation

Hey all. Hoping someone can crack this mystery. So I'm running a Win 7 7201 build with 3gb of ram. Usage stays between 22% (roughly 720MB) and 3GB. About 2-3 minutes into any installation, running images of Power ISO 4, I run into ~2.8GB usage. Windows becomes immediately very slow, unresponsive, and requires a restart. Any ideas?
Old 06-07-09, 03:37 AM   #2
Drolfrawd

Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd
Default Re: Problem with Win 7 running out of memory during software installation

task manager /processes / what is using the memory/ if you can show it at this point, can't remember.
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 02:48 PM   #3
pakotlar

Default Re: Problem with Win 7 running out of memory during software installation

Here's the interesting thing... It doesn't add up in task manager! There's nothing specifically taking up a greater amount of space. Looking at the "working set" (which is the default column) I'm totaling no more than 700-800, but usage is at 1.91GB (this is like 10 hours after I installed an image, when usage was around 2.8GB). Quite strange huh. When I've looked at the other columns, it also doesn't add up.