Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-05-09, 01:32 PM   #121
JohnDio

Default Re: Tom Clancy's HAWX

Patch 1.02 is out with some great fixes/additions. Check them out

Quote:
1. Fixed: crash to desktop if the user tried to join a Ranked Match after playing a LAN Team Deathmatch session.
2. Fixed: crash when the player applied a profile created on a partition other than the primary one, on Windows Vista.
3. Fixed: often, selecting Quick Match lead to creating a new server, even though servers with good latency and available slots existed.
4. Fixed: if the user hosted a Ranked Match and then quit it and tried to join another Ranked Match, he would end up in an unending loading screen.
5. Fixed: if the user joined a Player Match using the Quick Match option, then quit and tried to join a Ranked Match also by using the Quick Match option, he would end up in an unending “please wait” screen.
6. Fixed: the player was unable to join any online multiplayer match after cancelling a Quick Match and then changing between Ranked and Player Match.
7. Fixed: after the host left a multiplayer match, sometimes the users involved in this match would become unable to find each other's matches.
8. Fixed: Team Deathmatch sessions could sometimes appear in the Coop server list, and viceversa.
9. Added the option to set the dead-zone for a gamepad or joystick.
10. Added the option to set the mouse sensitivity.
11. Fixed: stuttering and visual artifacts on Nvidia cards when using Vista, the DX10 executable and certain settings.

12. Fixed: the screen went black at game start-up on certain configurations.
13. Fixed: the game crashed often on laptops using certain ATI video cards.
14. Added a Ping column in the multiplayer servers list.
15. Fixed: Saitek X52 Pro crash
16. Improved the default control mapping for Saitek P990.
17. Improved the default control mapping for the Thrustmaster Dual Trigger gamepad.
18. Multiplayer: full servers no longer displayed in the server list.
19. Fixed: users would not gain a new level in some circumstances when they should have.
20. Fixed: the game sometimes could not be minimized.
21. Fixed: the game entered in Windowed Mode if a pop-up from am messaging program appeared.
22. Fixed: a player could receive two invitations to the same multiplayer match.
23. Fixed: no error message to players trying to join a full server via an invite.
24. Fixed: players could not accept invites to multiplayer matches while in certain menus.
25. Fixed: freeze in the Friend Invite menu after inviting a user with a nickname more than 13 characters long.
26. Fixed: multiplayer invites did not disappear after being accepted.
27. Fixed: incorrect name for the host in coop games.
28. Fixed the hint for Rotate Camera.
29. Fixed: buttons overlapping in the Coop menu on LAN.
30. Fixed: double selection in the profile selection screen.
31. Fixed: crash when using an Xbox 360 controller and quickly pressing A after entering the options menu.
32. Fixed: starting the game with CAPS LOCK on caused an input issue.
33. Fixed several Spanish localization issues.
34. Fixed: not all French characters were recognized.
35. Fixed: the game window did not maximize correctly when using Vista and the DX10 executable.
36. Fixed: mission 15 (Operation Thunderbolt) could become impossible to complete when loading from the last checkpoint.
37. Fixed: if the user pressed the “Host Session” button too quickly after selecting Custom Match, he would end up in an unending “please wait” screen.
38. Fixed: players sometimes were unable to accept game invites.
39. Fixed: the game crashed on Windows 7 Beta when the player tried to create a profile.
40. Performance has been optimized for Pixel Shader 3.0 videocards running DirectX 9.
Ubisoft i have to say it, i'm impressed .

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=62298
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-09, 01:41 PM   #122
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
Ubisoft i have to say it, i'm impressed .

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=62298
Ubi has been doing good on PC lately, in my opinion. The games themselves are spotty, but the PC ports have been good.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-09, 01:45 PM   #123
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

still wish they would fix Double Agent
Old 05-05-09, 01:46 PM   #124
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
still wish they would fix Double Agent
*Shudder*

Pretend it's a 360 exclusive.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 11:26 AM   #125
de><ta
prodigy

Played this game last night and it was boring as hell after a while.

Evading missiles is a joke and after a while it feels like a 3d version of space invaders...

The planes are detailed, but the rest of the environment looks crap even on the highest settings. You do not get close enough to other planes to appreciate the detail and the tanks and the rest are meh...

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 03:13 AM   #126
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

If you want a good arcade flight sim, pick up Ace Combat 6 for the 360. It might not have as many features as HAWX, takes place in a fictional world, and has only 15 planes, overall it leaves a deeper impression on you. The war-drama story is more engaging and IMO the game is more challenging.

The plane detail in HAWX pretty much sucks compared to AC6. Did you guys notice the missiles are fired out of the air intake on your F22?
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 11:22 AM   #127
Scendore

It's probable not as cool as this game or I mean sim....

http://i.gizmodo.com/5285690/ultra+h...-graphic-cards
Scendore is offline   Reply With Quote