Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-12-09, 06:54 AM   #13
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: Which Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweavernoob View Post
Thanks for the info on the 555's. Browsing the site now.

BTw, whats the difference between 150ohms and 50ohms? There are two versions of the HD 595 to buy. Is the 150 woth it over 50 or is it calculated differently? thanks
I wouldn't get the 555 if I were you - the 595 are just that much better(and the HD600 again in a different league). The Denon DH-1001 and D2000 are also very good headphones with the latter being my all time favorite.

Keep in mind that games and movies sound very boring without decent bass, and that's an area where the sennheisers are lacking if you don't use them with a decent amp.

One of my friends has a pair of Denon D2000 coupled with an STX sound card and my god does it sound good!

The 595's are 50 ohms - I believe the 150 ohms was a mistake made by amazon.
Old 06-12-09, 07:12 AM   #14
Dreamweavernoob
Desperate code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
I wouldn't get the 555 if I were you - the 595 are just that much better(and the HD600 again in a different league). The Denon DH-1001 and D2000 are also very good headphones with the latter being my all time favorite.

Keep in mind that games and movies sound very boring without decent bass, and that's an area where the sennheisers are lacking if you don't use them with a decent amp.

One of my friends has a pair of Denon D2000 coupled with an STX sound card and my god does it sound good!

The 595's are 50 ohms - I believe the 150 ohms was a mistake made by amazon.
Thanks for the clarification.

The Denon D2000 are bloody expensive over here , but I note your point on the bass. The Z-5500 are driving me stupid with how tinny they sound.

Ill have a look and see if I can get the Denon D2000 for less than double the price of a HD 595 set.

Btw, will the X-Fi Titanium limit me?
Old 06-12-09, 08:23 AM   #15
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweavernoob View Post
Thanks for the clarification.

The Denon D2000 are bloody expensive over here , but I note your point on the bass. The Z-5500 are driving me stupid with how tinny they sound.

Ill have a look and see if I can get the Denon D2000 for less than double the price of a HD 595 set.

Btw, will the X-Fi Titanium limit me?
Yeah the D2000 are expensive over here as well, but you get what you pay for. The Sony XB700 have a very similar sound, but are a bit muddier. The Sony:s surprisingly enough have a bigger sound stage and larger comfier pads.

The question whether your titanium is going to limit you or not really depends on your choice of headphones - head-fi is the best place to find out which headphones need an amp and which don't, but if I were you I'd sell the titanium and either get a Forte(better for games) or an STX(much better for music and movies) because all headphones in the end benefit from being amplified.
Old 06-12-09, 09:48 AM   #16
Dreamweavernoob
Desperate code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
Yeah the D2000 are expensive over here as well, but you get what you pay for. The Sony XB700 have a very similar sound, but are a bit muddier. The Sony:s surprisingly enough have a bigger sound stage and larger comfier pads.

The question whether your titanium is going to limit you or not really depends on your choice of headphones - head-fi is the best place to find out which headphones need an amp and which don't, but if I were you I'd sell the titanium and either get a Forte(better for games) or an STX(much better for music and movies) because all headphones in the end benefit from being amplified.
If I can shift my X-Fi and my Z-5500 I will get the D2000 and the Forte then. The STX looks nice, but it looks complicated like hell. : and whilst I listen to music a fair bit, im not sure my ears would be good enough to pick up the difference.

Will keep you updated.