Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-15-09, 07:41 AM   #13
K007

Default Re: GoW2 coming to PC afterall?

they have to. Xbox is there center for gaming.

to be fair crainger the xbox equally get pirated..but it get sold a lot more where as pc would get less pirated but less sell copies for obvious reasons.

unless its a solid good game it wont sell well.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 08:02 AM   #14
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

I'm guessing we will see it eventually. CliffyB is a douche. If everyone would boycott his games till they come to PC too, that would be great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 11:52 AM   #15
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Is anyone even playing gears2? I don't see the fire storm that the first one created as far as people going crazy over it. I wonder if it was a pop/fizzle for this 2nd one. If so, they need to just go ahead and give it to us.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 01:13 PM   #16
Buio

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I don't think MS is out to destroy PC gaming, it's just 360 makes more money and has a better image. I mean look. It's more accessible, fairly easy to create games for, big investment that has paid off and every time they do a PC port we whine and complain about it anyway and pirate the game. The only ones destroying PC gaming is PC gamers.
Microsoft is just ignoring PC gaming now. Which makes it a bit strange when they are also in control of PC gaming, with Windows and DirectX.

PC gaming wont go away, but the market will change. Big titles from big companies will be console first, with exceptions of course. Some games are still best on PC and a few companies like Blizzard are PC/Mac only. It will be fun to see when Blizzards starts to do console games for real. Their previous console efforts have sort of imploded.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 03:00 PM   #17
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buio View Post
Microsoft is just ignoring PC gaming now. Which makes it a bit strange when they are also in control of PC gaming, with Windows and DirectX.
The former head of Games for Windows Live! said in an interview not long ago with PC Gamer that MS' stance on PC games is to basically ignore them, but to make sure the tools are there for developers who want them.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 04:33 PM   #18
Protoplasym

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJuanlo View Post
I think you are right, it looks like Microsoft's only goal is to destroy PC gaming no matter the cost.
There are a couple major reasons why I agree with you:

1. Console Games charge $10 more for a game at time of release and their resale value stays unnaturally high for a long time.
2. Devs/Pubs can spend less money making a game, because Consolers are used to sloppy performance and not having options.
3. The main reason is Hardware related... obviously... because the Devs only have to program a game to run with basic Framerate requirements on 2 machines (P3 & 360), their 'testing period' is cheaper/more hassle free in the long run.

Put all of that together and what you get is a business model that makes more money than the PC model.... 'and' taboot, you can dictate 'all' you want to your customers because they have ZERO choices when it comes to hardware, i.e. configuration of their "gaming machines".

It's Tyrannical Gaming and nothing more, and as long as the Public continues to buy into it's BS, the worse it's going to become for PC Gaming and the worse Gaming is going to be as a whole in the long run.....

penny
penny
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

280 Legit Games installed

(2) 500 GB drives
(1) 80 GB drive (houses the OS only)
Protoplasym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 04:38 PM   #19
Protoplasym

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I don't think MS is out to destroy PC gaming, it's just 360 makes more money and has a better image. I mean look. It's more accessible, fairly easy to create games for, big investment that has paid off and every time they do a PC port we whine and complain about it anyway and pirate the game. The only ones destroying PC gaming is PC gamers.
Ultimately Pirating is the cause of many things... but there are other factors.

DRM Schemes of today and of the last Decade have turned a number of "what used to be normal purchasers of games" PC Gamers against the Pubs/Devs. The fact that for the last 5+ years, PC Gamers expect a game to 8/10 come out of the box with bugs (sometimes game crashing bugs, especially these last couple years) and have to wait at the mercy of Pubs to pay Devs to fix said bugs via patches/etc... is also a huge factor for a multitude of PC Gamers closing their pocket book.

I'm not saying either of those factors is just cause to steal a game one enjoys playing: I'm simply stating other reasons why PC Gaming and Piracy has become what it has become.... so in the end, it's not 'just' PC Gamers who are to blame for the nonsense that is PC Gaming today.
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives
Old 06-15-09, 04:39 PM   #20
Protoplasym

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
Is anyone even playing gears2? I don't see the fire storm that the first one created as far as people going crazy over it. I wonder if it was a pop/fizzle for this 2nd one. If so, they need to just go ahead and give it to us.
Looked like another gorgeous Railride from the reviews I read.... it's 3rd person, so honestly I can live without it... hell, I've played less than 15 mins of the 1st one, lol.

It's hard for me to get into 3rd person when it's 'so' bloody easy to make a FP view.... and with the beautiful U3 engine, I was pissed when I first learned GoW was a 3PS.
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives

Old 06-15-09, 05:23 PM   #21
wrathofgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
I'm guessing we will see it eventually. CliffyB is a douche. If everyone would boycott his games till they come to PC too, that would be great!!
Done and Done!
wrathofgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 08:09 PM   #22
rudedog
Not so Rude

Hmmmmm, I have a vision.

When MS is ready to launch Windows 7 and Direct X 11 we'll see them all of a sudden praise the PC gaming customer and want us to upgrade. They will show us how much better it is and how many devs are working on DX11 titles.

God I wish OpenGL took the lead instead of DX

Because of the lack of interest MS has shown the PC gaming customer, I've voted with my wallet and have moved my boxes and the families laptops over to Apple. I have one box left and that is for playing video games. I run XP and will not be updating it to Vista or Win7. I will also not be upgrading to the latest video card or CPU (which I've done with every top end nV card, released as well as intel CPU and intel/nV based MBs) so while in the long run the hardware vendors hurt as well as MS.

I've save a ton of $$ and feel better for it in the long run.
BDR-202|X-Fi Fatal1ty 2.07.0004|Logitec G7-setpoint 3.1.116|Ergodex DX1-firmware 1.1-driver1.3|Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD|PCPower and Cooling TurboCool 1000 SLI|Windows 7 Ultimate|Klipsch THX 5.1
Imac: Snow Leopard|27" screen|i7 2.93|12 GB|ATI HD 5750 1G|WD 1T SATA|2xWD 2T firewire 800|Sharing Dell 24"
Laptop: MBP|2.16|2GB ram|160drive
Laptop 2: MBP Unibody|2.66|4GB ram|320drive
Camera: D700 + MB-D10 + EN-EL3e + GP1|Nikon14-24 f2.8|nikon24-70 f2.8|nikon70-200 f2.8|nikon 50 f1.4|Sigma 150-500
Car: 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purl|6 Speed|Power roof|Super Track Pack|20" classic rims|Functional ram air hood
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 04:38 AM   #23
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoplasym View Post
There are a couple major reasons why I agree with you:

1. Console Games charge $10 more for a game at time of release and their resale value stays unnaturally high for a long time.
2. Devs/Pubs can spend less money making a game, because Consolers are used to sloppy performance and not having options.
3. The main reason is Hardware related... obviously... because the Devs only have to program a game to run with basic Framerate requirements on 2 machines (P3 & 360), their 'testing period' is cheaper/more hassle free in the long run.

Put all of that together and what you get is a business model that makes more money than the PC model.... 'and' taboot, you can dictate 'all' you want to your customers because they have ZERO choices when it comes to hardware, i.e. configuration of their "gaming machines".

It's Tyrannical Gaming and nothing more, and as long as the Public continues to buy into it's BS, the worse it's going to become for PC Gaming and the worse Gaming is going to be as a whole in the long run.....

penny
penny
PS3 is the worst platform for developing games, and the most expensive.

KZ2 costed about $60 million. It's PS3 major title with poor sales, about million so far. I think it would had better sales on PC!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 05:38 AM   #24
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Of course it will come, they said the same thing on the first one, it would take years for hardware to mature to even think to port it to pc and shortly after it was released.. they talk too much bs.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote