Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-16-09, 08:11 AM   #25
ViN86

Default Re: GoW2 coming to PC afterall?

Cliffy B is still bitter about "putting so much work" into the PC port and not receiving jizzfilled reviews.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 09:07 AM   #26
blizzle

Aw, i'm so sad we're not getting another mediocre EPIC game on the PC. The first game didn't sell well because it was released how long after the console versions, and it was mediocre. Blame piracy all you want Cliffy, your no longer make games worth my time. The last game from EPIC that was decent was UT2k3.
Old 06-16-09, 09:14 AM   #27
Protoplasym

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
Hmmmmm, I have a vision.

When MS is ready to launch Windows 7 and Direct X 11 we'll see them all of a sudden praise the PC gaming customer and want us to upgrade. They will show us how much better it is and how many devs are working on DX11 titles.

God I wish OpenGL took the lead instead of DX

Because of the lack of interest MS has shown the PC gaming customer, I've voted with my wallet and have moved my boxes and the families laptops over to Apple. I have one box left and that is for playing video games. I run XP and will not be updating it to Vista or Win7. I will also not be upgrading to the latest video card or CPU (which I've done with every top end nV card, released as well as intel CPU and intel/nV based MBs) so while in the long run the hardware vendors hurt as well as MS.

I've save a ton of $$ and feel better for it in the long run.
Lol.... "ain't it barely"

I'm praying that Win7 is going to emulate XP32 to a 't'... if Microsoft gets that right, I'll be saved!
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

280 Legit Games installed

(2) 500 GB drives
(1) 80 GB drive (houses the OS only)
Protoplasym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 09:16 AM   #28
Protoplasym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Cliffy B is still bitter about "putting so much work" into the PC port and not receiving jizzfilled reviews.
I'd read that the Port received some 'extra' content in the form of a couple weapons and maps...? Was that the case? Again, I've only tested it for 15 mins so I wouldn't know.

F.E.A.R. 2 comes to mind as another game that the PC has exclusive content from what I'd read... supposedly that Mech level is only in the PC version...?.....

I love it when the PC gets TLC over the Consoles... it should always be that way... but since the sales don't show these Pubs/Devs the proper amount of love most of the time, I would imagine that's why these kinds of extra effort seldom occur.
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives
Old 06-16-09, 09:21 AM   #29
Protoplasym

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazZarD View Post
Of course it will come, they said the same thing on the first one, it would take years for hardware to mature to even think to port it to pc and shortly after it was released.. they talk too much bs.
I wonder why they'd ever blow smoke up the PC Gamers' ass in regards to what's capable on the PC hardware wise.... That was what... '06 when the port dropped?... I'm not sure when the original game came out.

Imo: the U3 Engine is only marginaly ahead of the Source and IDTech 4 engines.
It's what an engine can do to ones mind overall that makes the biggest impression I think... and considering the U3 Engine doesn't utilize FOUR bloody CPUs, there are ZERO excuses for Epic to make such comments, "the PC not being ready"....

An 88 and a Quad should be able to tackle anything DX9wise in 1280x1024 w/4xAA&V-Sync... I don't see any viable excuses. I'm not a programmer, but from playing/testing experience... I'm taking that stance.
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives
Old 06-16-09, 09:24 AM   #30
Protoplasym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
PS3 is the worst platform for developing games, and the most expensive.

KZ2 costed about $60 million. It's PS3 major title with poor sales, about million so far. I think it would had better sales on PC!
I wish they'd port both 1 & 2 over (make damn sure V-Sync works mind you, AA would be a plus), sell them in one box for $49.99 and I'd buy it first level retail... but noooooo, "PC Gamers are thieves"..... Hell, sell 'em seperately for $39.99/ea, and I'd buy both of them still. *edit* I lie.... I'd wait to see them on Ebay for half that, lol.

Game looks fun as hell, HUGE linear railride, but solid/gorgeous/fun nonetheless.
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives
Old 06-16-09, 09:45 AM   #31
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoplasym View Post
I'd read that the Port received some 'extra' content in the form of a couple weapons and maps...? Was that the case? Again, I've only tested it for 15 mins so I wouldn't know.

F.E.A.R. 2 comes to mind as another game that the PC has exclusive content from what I'd read... supposedly that Mech level is only in the PC version...?.....

I love it when the PC gets TLC over the Consoles... it should always be that way... but since the sales don't show these Pubs/Devs the proper amount of love most of the time, I would imagine that's why these kinds of extra effort seldom occur.
Yea, the PC port got a few extra campaign chapters, "new" MP gametype (aka King of the Hill, which is far from new), and three extra MP maps I believe.

Here's the stuff they added:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/808/808367p1.html

They expected reviewers to go crazy over it, but it's still a port.

I bet wittle cwiffy is still mad about that.

Anyone think Crysis would have done as well as it did if it were ported to PC from consoles first? I don't think so.
Old 06-16-09, 09:50 AM   #32
Protoplasym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Yea, the PC port got a few extra campaign chapters, "new" MP gametype (aka King of the Hill, which is far from new), and three extra MP maps I believe.

Here's the stuff they added:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/808/808367p1.html

They expected reviewers to go crazy over it, but it's still a port.

I bet wittle cwiffy is still mad about that.

Anyone think Crysis would have done as well as it did if it were ported to PC from consoles first? I don't think so.
I only play SP, so the extra SP Content is welcome.

From the small amount of playing I did, it felt like a solid game/port to me. Forcing 4xAA through the Drivers works thank God and it runs great.

Need to get this Jan09 (all your base belong to us) bug patched though, so I can actually play the bloody thing! ha
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives

Old 06-16-09, 11:45 AM   #33
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoplasym View Post
I only play SP, so the extra SP Content is welcome.

From the small amount of playing I did, it felt like a solid game/port to me. Forcing 4xAA through the Drivers works thank God and it runs great.

Need to get this Jan09 (all your base belong to us) bug patched though, so I can actually play the bloody thing! ha
Yea I own the PC version and the 360 version. PC version is clean, but GOW launched in 2006 and won a lot of awards on 360 that year. Epic expected GOW PC to win a bunch of awards as well because they added some extra content, then Cliffy cried when he didn't.

Also, if you remember when the GOW PC version first launched, it was tremendously buggy and had a lot of problems running on different machines. If you want to see a flawless port, check out DMC4.

And to bypass the Jan09 bug, just change your calendar to a date before the expiration date and you can play just fine lol.
Old 06-16-09, 01:22 PM   #34
HiCZoK4

I also owned 360version and own pc version and with my sig Gow PC is winner all the way with the superior graphics (aa, af) solid 60fps and great mouse\kb support
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 01:54 PM   #35
agentkay

GoW also launched with GfWL which was extremely buggy at that time, caused instablity, lacked features, had the whole gold and silver account seperation BS which turned many people away. GfWL still sucks but at least its less buggy and MP is completely free like its suppose to be on PC (except useless MMORPGs).

I'm pretty sure it would have been a bit more successful without GfWL, but then again who knows maybe Microsoft gave funds for the project and wanted to have it implemented.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 02:05 PM   #36
LordJuanlo
Widescreen rules

That was the main problem with GoW PC port, the version that shipped with the game was buggy and caused crashes. A week or two later a new GFWL runtime was released and fixed all the crashes (at least it did for me), but the game already got very bad reputation
ATI 5870 (Graphics) + GeForce 9600GT (PhysX) on Samsung SM244T 1920x1200
LG GGW-H20L BluRay & HD-DVD / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 DTS / Westone 3 Earphones
Asus Xonar D2 / 360 Elite Wireless Controller / Gigabyte Odin GT 800W
Windows 7 x64
(also a 360 and a PSP )
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote