Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-11-09, 07:59 AM   #1
dtdave

Default video playing issue 7600gs

Hi, I have Ubuntu 8.10, 2 gigs ram, 3.4Ghz p4, and a 7600gs pci express and when I play videos whenever there is alot of motion, in that motion lines will appear like it cant refresh the video quick enough or something. horizontal lines. I figured out it must be the driver, I am using the nvidia latest 180 version and I have tested 177 and 173 versions to see if it changed anything and it didnt, I have changed my resolution, refresh rate even where i am on an lcd at 60 hz, I got it to go to 75hz and no change. The way I figured it was the driver is that for one, I had a cheaper card previously a fx5200 pci card and it didnt do it on it. I loaded windows xp on a seperate partition to test on, and loaded the latest nvidia driver from nvidia and it worked beautifully, no issues on windows. I like ubuntu better than windows and do NOT want to switch just to watch my movies or videos. Please HELP!!! Thank you!
dtdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 08:17 AM   #2
crisalide

Default Re: video playing issue 7600gs

Sounds like synctovblank issue.
If your player uses XVideo, check that "Sync to VBlank" is checked in nvidia-settings "X Server XVideo Settings" section. (enable it BEFORE starting your player)
If your player uses OpenGL, enable "Sync to VBlank" in nvidia-settings "OpenGL Settings" section. (enable it BEFORE starting your player)
crisalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 05:33 PM   #3
dtdave

sorry it took so long to reply but that fixed it! i had to enable it in open gl settings, it was already enabled in x windows. So what decides what i use, open gl or x windows. thanks for helping me with that, I am so excited it worked!!!!
Old 06-19-09, 05:35 PM   #4
dtdave

when i said x windows i meant xvideo sorry