Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-09, 05:38 PM   #25
XDanger
Whaaat?

Default Re: Revenge of the PC!!

Having just heard about this onlive thing I'd just like to remind everyone that I predicted it ,Thankyou.

NOW GIVE ME A MODULAR PC DAMMIT !!!!
Old 06-19-09, 05:54 PM   #26
Dreamweavernoob
Desperate code

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
truth hurts sometimes. If you have 3 gaming rigs why would you ever use a crappy console?????
I have always been a PC only person. A month ago I purchased an original xbox with a fair few games.

Want my opinion? The bloody thing is loud, the graphics are ****e as is the audio.

However, I plugged in 4 controllers and I loaded a game.

That was it. No ****ing about with driver problems, compatibility, buying extra pcs for LAN games, networking, getting all the wires sorted, power cables, monitors etc.

I sat on a couch with 3 people and just played a game.

Im still a pc man, but damn Pc's have nothing on consoles in this regard.
Old 06-19-09, 06:20 PM   #27
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuork View Post
I gather the following conclusions from this thread:

Ninjas are smart.

Mailmen... not so much.

Funniest thing I've seen in ages

I also have a top end P.C (see sig), 360, PS3 and wii. there is a place for all of them in my house. Current P.C. knocks the cr@p out of all my consoles, but then that is brand new and the 360 is 4 years old. Not sure what spec p.c. you would have got then? But I do know I would have already of had to upgrade it to play the latest games.
Plus no matter how much you knock the 360, LIVE is IMHO far better structured than anything on the P.C. the ease of use going from game to game, talking in game, tracking your friends ALL of which have the exact same set up. It's just so much better than anything I've experienced in P.C. gaming.
6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3, PC3-12800 (1600) CAS 8-8-8-24
500 GB Samsung Spinpoint F1/30GB solid state OCZ Core Series V2 SSD
LG GGC-H20L
Razer copperhead
HP LP2475W
Windows 7 home Premium 64

Xbox 360 : panny 42" 1080p plasma : Denon 5.1 DHT-1356XP
Old 06-19-09, 07:42 PM   #28
Xion X2

Everyone is missing the key ingredient here which is: Practicality.

Consoles always have been and always will be easier to set up than a PC. Just plug it in, hit the power switch, and go. Most people don't know the first thing about how to even insert a graphics card into a motherboard much less build one from scratch, navigate to get the proper windows updates, drivers, etc.

I guess there's always the store-bought PC route or Dell, but then you're talking more money than if you were to build it yourself--and you're talking another financial bracket from consoles.

PCs are more complex than consoles, and therefore there will always be a niche for consoles because of kiddies and those who want a hassle-free videogame machine.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Old 06-19-09, 07:46 PM   #29
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Console is one trick pony.
Let's see, my PS3 can:
  1. Play PS3 games
  2. Play PS2 games (yes, new PS3s can't do this, but mine can)
  3. Play PS1 games
  4. Play Blu-ray movies
  5. Play movies I've copied to its hard drive
  6. Play music I've copied to its hard drive
  7. Play photo slide shows
  8. Stream music, movies, and TV shows from a PC elsewhere in my house
  9. Run Linux

Yep, real one-trick pony I've got here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
PCs are more complex than consoles, and therefore there will always be a niche for consoles because of kiddies and those who want a hassle-free videogame machine.
You have that backwards. PC gaming is the niche market, not consoles.
Old 06-19-09, 08:41 PM   #30
|MaguS|

8 million Halo 3's... 1 million Crysis

30 million xbox 360s... 100+ million pcs...

Console gaming attach rate > PC gaming attach rate

Shut up now...

Old 06-19-09, 09:36 PM   #31
Atomizer

YESSSS!! HATE THE CONSOLES MY CHILDREN, HAAATTTEEE!!! MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Ahem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku View Post
Let's see, my PS3 can:
  1. Play PS3 games
  2. Play PS2 games (yes, new PS3s can't do this, but mine can)
  3. Play PS1 games
  4. Play Blu-ray movies
  5. Play movies I've copied to its hard drive
  6. Play music I've copied to its hard drive
  7. Play photo slide shows
  8. Stream music, movies, and TV shows from a PC elsewhere in my house
  9. Run Linux

Yep, real one-trick pony I've got here.

You have that backwards. PC gaming is the niche market, not consoles.
This is the exact reason PS3 > other consoles, but despite all that it can do, people hate the price, it makes sense, all they want a console for is games, the average joe dont care about bluray, dont care about running linux etc, only people like me care about that stuff.

Onlive though? its a piece of crap, its not going to help PC gaming in the slightest, and instead of needing a PC I own and can play anything on(the hardware is more then 2 years old, and it can still play anything better then consoles), I need an expensive internet connection, and pay a monthly subscription, for 1024x768, plus experience laggy response to input, YAY GO ONLIVE! *cough*diaf*cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
8 million Halo 3's... 1 million Crysis

30 million xbox 360s... 100+ million pcs...

Console gaming attach rate > PC gaming attach rate

Shut up now...
Yes, because clearly Crysis, needing a supercomputer, was the best sold PC game of all time....
Old 06-19-09, 10:05 PM   #32
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
This is the exact reason PS3 > other consoles, but despite all that it can do, people hate the price, it makes sense, all they want a console for is games, the average joe dont care about bluray, dont care about running linux etc, only people like me care about that stuff.
True enough, but you missed the point. A lot of people just want PCs for surfing the Internet and using MS Office. Most average Joes who own a PC don't care about that stuff either. If you're thinking about going Blu-ray, the PS3 makes a compelling case because it's a good Blu-ray player, a good standard DVD player, and it's capable of being a media hub. You might not use it, but it's nice to know that the funcationality is there should you desire it.

Quote:
Yes, because clearly Crysis, needing a supercomputer, was the best sold PC game of all time....
Replace Crysis with Half-Life at 9 million sales, and the argument still stands.

Old 06-19-09, 10:51 PM   #33
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
That should never been in the same post, considering when PS3 was released there were numerous articles how PS3 is a nightmare to develop for.
It is, but there's more than just development as in building a game to consider. Bug testing, support for multiple GPU brands and generations, driver conflicts... PC development is a pain.

The PS3 might be hard to get power out of compared to the 360, but it doesn't have the sorts of issues you get from millions of possible hardware configurations.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
Old 06-20-09, 01:27 AM   #34
Atomizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku View Post
True enough, but you missed the point. A lot of people just want PCs for surfing the Internet and using MS Office. Most average Joes who own a PC don't care about that stuff either. If you're thinking about going Blu-ray, the PS3 makes a compelling case because it's a good Blu-ray player, a good standard DVD player, and it's capable of being a media hub. You might not use it, but it's nice to know that the funcationality is there should you desire it.
That was true in the past, because the PS3 was cheaper then any standalone bluray player, but people looking for a bluray player, they are much cheaper then the PS3 now, so unless they are looking to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, they are just gonna get a cheap bluray player.

Quote:
Replace Crysis with Half-Life at 9 million sales, and the argument still stands.
9 million > 8 million, just because more people have PCs, and the ratio is lower, doesnt make it a valid comparison, people buy consoles to *gasp* play games, so of course the ratio of people buying games on console to people who own said console is going to be higher then a general purpose machine built for web browsing, word processing, media encoding, media development(2d, 3d, movies) etc
I am not going to deny that right now, consoles have a larger market right now for gaming, and I dont think much will change that in the future, its just the way things are, however, its hardly a niche market
Old 06-20-09, 06:02 AM   #35
adamove

consoles are just more trendy than pc, and dumb and lazy people buy into that ****, special in heavy commercialize society like in usa where anything that is easy to follow will grant you a sale

Old 06-20-09, 09:10 AM   #36
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Motherboard GB P45 $94
Q8200 $160
4GB DDR2 6400 $40
GTX 260 $150
Case with PSU $60
500GB HD $60
DVD +RW $23
Saitek backlit keyboard $40
G9 $60

$687

You are pricing old parts and prices (Who spends $200 for a motherboard??? Maybe an I7 mobo when they just launched I never spend more than ~$125 on a motherboard). Also, if you have a TV you dont need a monitor.

PS3, no TV - $400
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868110031

Already u have a PC that will do alot more than any console.
Yea I am. Because at the time they were top of the line. Take new parts that are top of the line. Not some middle of the road PC that you scrapped together to meet the pricing.

And yea, running your computer on a regular TV will really help show how the PC has better IQ.

Oh, and Xbox360 - $300
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868105009

And look, $200
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868105018

And it comes with a controller and SD cables, so if you want to make the "PC doesn't need a monitor" argument, then I can make the same for consoles and say you don't need all that extra **** and we already have an almost $500 price difference.

I really don't give a **** which is better. I own all consoles and a decent gaming PC, so whatever has better titles, I buy games for.

Let me summarize what I am trying to get your thick skull to understand.
1. The OP is RETARDED
2. Consoles aren't going anywhere. Ever.
3. Who gives a **** which is better?

I am done with this thread. All these idiotic console/pc threads turn into bull**** threads anyway.
Closed Thread