Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-09, 10:31 AM   #37
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Revenge of the PC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Yea I am. Because at the time they were top of the line. Take new parts that are top of the line. Not some middle of the road PC that you scrapped together to meet the pricing.

And yea, running your computer on a regular TV will really help show how the PC has better IQ.

Oh, and Xbox360 - $300
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868105009

And look, $200
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868105018

And it comes with a controller and SD cables, so if you want to make the "PC doesn't need a monitor" argument, then I can make the same for consoles and say you don't need all that extra **** and we already have an almost $500 price difference.

I really don't give a **** which is better. I own all consoles and a decent gaming PC, so whatever has better titles, I buy games for.

Let me summarize what I am trying to get your thick skull to understand.
1. The OP is RETARDED
2. Consoles aren't going anywhere. Ever.
3. Who gives a **** which is better?

I am done with this thread. All these idiotic console/pc threads turn into bull**** threads anyway.

You're comparing to prices of a 360 now, 3 years later?????????????? At launch they were more came with nothing. You had to buy extra controller, HD, cables, etc..

Point is I can build a gaming PC for not much more than a PS3 that can do much more than just play Sony exclusive games - oh yea that cost $10-20 more than a PC game...

If you already have a HD TV that you will be connecting your console to, instead you connect a PC via DVI or HDMI what quality are you gonna lose?? 1080P from a PC too. Sheesh. I think you are trying to comprehend too much at once and can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
Old 06-20-09, 10:45 AM   #38
Lfctony

Quote:
1. The OP is RETARDED
I pretty much have to agree with Vin here.
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Old 06-20-09, 02:54 PM   #39
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
It is, but there's more than just development as in building a game to consider. Bug testing, support for multiple GPU brands and generations, driver conflicts... PC development is a pain.

The PS3 might be hard to get power out of compared to the 360, but it doesn't have the sorts of issues you get from millions of possible hardware configurations.
Totally agree. This is the beauty of consoles TBH: You have 2 or 3 consoles, or sets of particular hardware, and this makes games easier to develop. With PC, you have to guess all of the hardware configs and hope for the best. Oh, and release patches and updates like crazy. Consoles release updates too, I know.

I'm not saying that one is better than the other, but I'm saying that both serve a purpose and dare I say that both can live in harmony!

Will somebody please close this thread already? We are beating a dead horse.
Old 06-20-09, 03:33 PM   #40
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Totally agree. This is the beauty of consoles TBH: You have 2 or 3 consoles, or sets of particular hardware, and this makes games easier to develop. With PC, you have to guess all of the hardware configs and hope for the best. Oh, and release patches and updates like crazy. Consoles release updates too, I know.

I'm not saying that one is better than the other, but I'm saying that both serve a purpose and dare I say that both can live in harmony!

Will somebody please close this thread already? We are beating a dead horse.
Carmack also agrees!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PFUw29U4J8

Tim Sweeny too!

Quote:
But he did comment specifically on how difficult it is to program for multi-core processors and the even more complex Cell chip used in the PlayStation 3. He noted that it "takes about twice the effort and development cost to develop for a multi-threaded CPU," compared to a single-core CPU. Even more than that, according to Epic's analysis, fully exploiting the PS3 Cell chip "required about 5 times as much cost and development time than single-core."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Old 06-20-09, 03:40 PM   #41
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Well, ot's like this:

My pc can play HL, SC2, Diablo3, Crysis, and all of those pc exclusives.
My PS3 can play KZ2, Tekken, GT, God of War, Riiiidge Racer, and all of those PS3 exclusives.

Now for conclusion number 1:
I love them both.

Next:

My pc can surf the net easily, play music and movies, type and print and buy stuff online.
My PS3 can surf the net (not so easily ), play music and movies, buy stuff online.

What my ps3 can't do: Edit stuff (files, programs, and what ever people who prefer not to play do).

Conclusion number 2:
I love them both!

Seriously now, there is no such thing as overall better - it's just what you prefer doing the most, and when it comes to gaming - there is no such thing as better. Opinions be opinions, and no one will ever come up with a logical and well thought after argument. You try to play down the ones you don't like - your a douchbag, and not a very inteligent human being.

And please, stop with these comparisons, they are silly and won't ever amount to a single conclusion.
Old 06-20-09, 04:20 PM   #42
fizzelopeguss

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
8 million Halo 3's... 1 million Crysis
11 million wow subscribers.

"After listening to the Q3 2008 Electronic Arts Earnings Conference Call we have learned that Crysis has been a strong performer with sales having exceeded expectations. EA also reported Crysis reaching the platinum mark meaning over 1 million copies of the game have been sold worldwide. "

This isn't counting gpu bundles like your H3 number is counting hardware bundles also.

Quote:
Console gaming attach rate > PC gaming attach rate
The ps3 and Wii have lousy attach rates.
Old 06-20-09, 04:37 PM   #43
Tuork
Official pain in the ass

Send a message via MSN to Tuork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
1. The OP is RETARDED

DING DING DING!!!!
We got a winner here!

Now someone nuke this thread.

Dimitri:
Dell XPS M1530
Core2Duo T5550 1.86Ghz | 3GB DDR2 | 8600M GT 256MB | 250GB Hdd | BenQ FP202W 20" LCD | MX1000 mouse | Inspire T5400 5.1
Old 06-20-09, 04:37 PM   #44
Medion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
You're comparing to prices of a 360 now, 3 years later?????????????? At launch they were more came with nothing. You had to buy extra controller, HD, cables, etc..
And you're comparing a BUDGET PC today to the 360 today, so his comparison was valid. When the 360 launched, there was a $300 model, and a $400 model. That budget build today that gets you under $700 wasn't possible in November 2005.

My point is this. Don't compare a budget built PC of today to a console price from 2005, then whine when someone else turns it into an apples to apples comparison, just because a fair comparison invalidates your point.

Consoles are all-around better for games than a PC for the mainstream user. The mainstream user doesn't want to open a case, swap parts, upgrade parts on an annual or semi-annual basis, and tinker with software settings. They want to plug the console into the TV once, throw in the disc, and play the damn game. It's the hardware junkies like us that love spending $2k on PC parts every 2-3 years, just to keep up with the latest handful of games.

Old 06-20-09, 06:23 PM   #45
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post

Point is I can build a gaming PC for not much more than a PS3 that can do much more than just play Sony exclusive games - oh yea that cost $10-20 more than a PC game...

If you already have a HD TV that you will be connecting your console to, instead you connect a PC via DVI or HDMI what quality are you gonna lose?? 1080P from a PC too. Sheesh. I think you are trying to comprehend too much at once and can't.
And he calls me retarded, well lokey who the retard really is LOL
He had a hard time dosent he and as we know the TRUTH hurts
Old 06-20-09, 07:18 PM   #46
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFX View Post
And he calls me retarded, well lokey who the retard really is LOL
He had a hard time dosent he and as we know the TRUTH hurts
LOL wtf are you talking about? I agreed with you and the first post. Death to the console!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
Old 06-20-09, 11:38 PM   #47
Starscream
Decepticook

It feels like the second coming of the PC.

All the time it feels like the PC is coming.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arnoldschwarzenegger227.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	37283  
Old 06-21-09, 12:27 AM   #48
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFX View Post
the TRUTH hurts
The truth in your own mind maybe. Saying something stupid over many times doesn't make it true, it just makes you look like an idiot. Many in this forum have been telling you the same thing, yet nothing goes through that apparently very thick skull of yours...

So be it. I'll enjoy my PC exclusives, along with my PS3 and X360 exclusives.

DX11 will be as useless as DX10. Just a reason for your type of turds to splash out money for features that have no obvious benefit for the end user other than burning a massive hole in their wallet as they always rush to buy the latest hardware out...

Consoles are never going away. Deal with it. Don't cry in bed tonight.

Onlive doesn't need a PC. Only a TV or a monitor. Its essentially A CONSOLE!!!!

I'm off to play Infamous.
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Closed Thread