Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-09, 01:20 AM   #49
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Revenge of the PC!!

I worry about this trend that more and more PC gamers need to reinforce that their platform is 'the best' and it's 'not going anywhere'. Yeah well I know that, but it seems like a lot are feeling intimidated by consoles. Relax guys, consoles boomed with the Mega Drive and the SNES and PC missed some really good games, but it stuck around and now look, unless you kept the console and carts, those games are only playable ON PC now.

It's great to support your platform, I'm still a PC gamer mostly, but I myself support the games themselves above all. The time and effort that goes into most these days, whenever people talk about books and movies and compare them to 'pong' I just laugh, and dare them to play something like The Witcher or Mass Effect.
Instead of angry forum posts and long articles, how about we BUY games and enjoy them, especially on PC. Right now as a dev, it's hard to develop for PC, setting piracy aside there is the community. As I mentioned before, I'd rather chat to a console gamer these days, they love their games, they are so excied about them, a PC gamer... Well that's just unpleasent more often than not. Well except you guys on here, the main reason I do not frequent any other gaming sites, you guys on here are usually pretty enthusicatic and any critism is constructive or done tongue in cheek. I know I'm guilty of **** stirring myself. ::

And with that. Walker said I have AIDS. Play me off.
Old 06-21-09, 05:09 AM   #50
Atomizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony
The truth in your own mind maybe. Saying something stupid over many times doesn't make it true, it just makes you look like an idiot. Many in this forum have been telling you the same thing, yet nothing goes through that apparently very thick skull of yours...

So be it. I'll enjoy my PC exclusives, along with my PS3 and X360 exclusives.

DX11 will be as useless as DX10. Just a reason for your type of turds to splash out money for features that have no obvious benefit for the end user other than burning a massive hole in their wallet as they always rush to buy the latest hardware out...
Actually, DX11 will offer alot more then DX10 ever did, GPU Computer alone offers huge benefits not just to games but all PC software in general, sure there was CUDA and such, but thats vendor specific, DX Computer will work on all GPUs, and make a universal API, OpenCL is the same thing, except with crossplatform support.

Quote:
Consoles are never going away. Deal with it. Don't cry in bed tonight.

Onlive doesn't need a PC. Only a TV or a monitor. Its essentially A CONSOLE!!!!

I'm off to play Infamous.
You're right, consoles arent going anywhere, I dont know why anyone would think otherwise, and yes Onlive is just another console, not sure if it supports any console games though, only PC games, regardless, its a piece of crap I find worse then any of the current consoles, maybe once we are all on fibre to the home connections and the whole of america is wired with fibre cabling, including the bridging cables across the ocean(not sure what the current state of the american network is like).
But I find it rather pointless needing a 5mbit connection to even support 720p, but also having to put up with input lag(it has to send all your input to its servers, then send the frames + sound back to your computer), with all that its not about data transfer, its about your ping times, reminds me of how the original Quake worked.
While on my 2+ year old hardware, I can play any game at 1920x1200 mostly maxed out, and no its not a X2 card or running Crossfire/SLI, its just a 8800GTX, with 2GB DDR2 and an older model Core 2 Duo(E6600).
Prototype for example, runs flawlessly at max settings at 1920x1200 and I can even turn on AA and AF and its still playable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I worry about this trend that more and more PC gamers need to reinforce that their platform is 'the best' and it's 'not going anywhere'. Yeah well I know that, but it seems like a lot are feeling intimidated by consoles. Relax guys, consoles boomed with the Mega Drive and the SNES and PC missed some really good games, but it stuck around and now look, unless you kept the console and carts, those games are only playable ON PC now.

It's great to support your platform, I'm still a PC gamer mostly, but I myself support the games themselves above all. The time and effort that goes into most these days, whenever people talk about books and movies and compare them to 'pong' I just laugh, and dare them to play something like The Witcher or Mass Effect.
Instead of angry forum posts and long articles, how about we BUY games and enjoy them, especially on PC. Right now as a dev, it's hard to develop for PC, setting piracy aside there is the community. As I mentioned before, I'd rather chat to a console gamer these days, they love their games, they are so excied about them, a PC gamer... Well that's just unpleasent more often than not. Well except you guys on here, the main reason I do not frequent any other gaming sites, you guys on here are usually pretty enthusicatic and any critism is constructive or done tongue in cheek. I know I'm guilty of **** stirring myself. ::

Actually, Virtual Console and other solutions have alot of the old classics playable on consoles(granted, at like $5-$10 a pop).

As for us PC gamers constantly touting how superior PCs are, its not that we need to justify ourselves, we just do it to keep you console commies in your place!
Old 06-21-09, 05:19 AM   #51
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
LOL wtf are you talking about? I agreed with you and the first post. Death to the console!
Yeah sorry I had a hangover yestarday LOL
What I meant was that what you said was TOTALY right mate and he doesent seem to know what he is talking about
Old 06-21-09, 05:30 AM   #52
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Quote:

As you may know I have consoles myself but I often say, it would be just better with one plattform so you dont have to buy an expensive console to get the exlusive crap

I like gaming no matter on what plattform but of course like pc the most as you can get the best of world, input and graffics so why dont then have all games on it. okey that day will probably wont come this year but it would be damn nice to get all games on the Pc, so will it happen I dont know but I would prefere it!

You must agree with that, who in the world are stupid enough that wants a whole load of different plattforms.

Alright it is convinent to have a console I give you that, just pick up and play and the Pc aint that far behind this days, it will only getting easier and better I presume!
Old 06-21-09, 06:19 AM   #53
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
As for us PC gamers constantly touting how superior PCs are, its not that we need to justify ourselves, we just do it to keep you console commies in your place!
I I know I sound like a console commie, but Xbox was my first console and I've been PC gaming since 1987. ::
Old 06-21-09, 06:39 AM   #54
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
Considering that the vast majority of these types of threads are started by PC elitists, the only logical conlucsion is that you're all a bunch of insecure little children.
Old 06-21-09, 08:18 AM   #55
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
I think we are here to remind the arrogant little brats with their 360s and PS3 where gaming started. How many of these gaming titles started on the PC? I get mad when I see bad PC ports and console only titles. COD, GTA, UT, etc are all where they are today because of the PC and PC gamers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
Old 06-21-09, 09:07 AM   #56
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Quote:
I I know I sound like a console commie, but Xbox was my first console and I've been PC gaming since 1987. ::
eeh STFUK PC Eletist LOL
Okey then I seem like a console bOi as I have hade most of em
I grow up with them and started Pc gaming hmm mayby 10 years ago. was pro consolitus before as I hated all this DOS crap to get a game to work. then come dx and that was the turning point and the Thief series and Unreal. what a memory

Old 06-21-09, 11:12 AM   #57
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFX View Post
eeh STFUK PC Eletist LOL
Okey then I seem like a console bOi as I have hade most of em
I grow up with them and started Pc gaming hmm mayby 10 years ago. was pro consolitus before as I hated all this DOS crap to get a game to work. then come dx and that was the turning point and the Thief series and Unreal. what a memory
Here's Peter reading your post.

Old 06-21-09, 11:37 AM   #58
|MaguS|

Quote:
COD, GTA, UT, etc are all where they are today because of the PC and PC gamers.
Funny thing is that other then UT most of the games took off thanks to consoles.

The original CoD was made by the team that developed the original MoH on PC which thanks to the Playstation versions became popular enough to release the 3rd game on the PC, if it never took off we probably wouldn't have seen the PC version of MoH nor would team gotten the backing to develop CoD.

As for GTA, it was pretty much a mediocer title untill GTA3 took off and blew everyones mind with what it accomplished. GTA1/2 were good games but thanks to GTA3 on the PS2 the series is where it is today.

So yeah... You should thank consoles for helping the game industry grow and expand to evolve the industry beyond what everyone thought was possible, thanks to its growth we have great games on all platforms.

Old 06-21-09, 11:46 AM   #59
Lfctony

Quote:
I think we are here to remind the arrogant little brats with their 360s and PS3 where gaming started.
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Old 06-21-09, 01:30 PM   #60
Zelda_fan

I hung up my video games shoes the other day, so my opinion is meaningless, but consider the following.

I own a Wii.

I used to own an XBOX 360, but I sold it because I found that I never played it.

I own a PC that I bought 1.5 years ago, but I put it together myself, and paid around $3000 for it.

I own a 1080p HDTV that I play all my games on.

I've been an avid PC and console gamer for the last 14 years.

Money is not really an issue for me when buying video game systems. I could go out today, and buy a new $3000 PC, a PS3, an XBOX 360 and several games without making a dent in my financial situation.

With that said I prefer consoles for the following reasons.

-The games are more fun. /thread
-I don't have to deal with the driver and installation crap like I do with PCs (though it's gotten a lot better in the last 10 years).
-I don't have to deal with upgrades. Not because I can't afford them, but because it's a total waste of my time to have to shop around for a new video card, then spend the time installing it, and then spend the time finding the right drivers for it ect. My time is more valuable than that.
-With the exception of Blizzard and iD software, I have yet to find a PC game that is not filled with bugs on the initial release. When you buy a new PC games it's like you are buying beta software. With console games, they pretty much work from the get go.

With that being said, neither platform is going anywhere. There will be a market for both, but it seems that console games are more profitable to develop right now.
Closed Thread