Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-21-09, 05:05 PM   #1
Altair13
>][V][<

Default Star Wars: Republic Commando Crashes

Republic Commando was the best damn Star Wars game LucasArts ever decided to make but has many horrible bugs... I used to be one of the best at Republic Commando when I had my GeForce 5200(horrible) which used to be top of the line around 2003. I stopped playing for awhile and got interested in Crysis and I installed my new Visiontek(bad company) HD 3850. I was happy for a few months and decided to play RC again.

But when I started the game it kept on crashing. I clicked customize on the Multiplayer menu and it crashed. When I set bumpmapping to low, everything started working again but left a deep dent on my former RC glory. The graphics were so distracting that I got . The arms are in a very weird position and I was very used to maxing it out. Is there a solution to my crashes without changing any of the graphics??? Thanks for reading.
Altair13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-09, 10:16 PM   #2
Nitz Walsh

Default Re: Star Wars: Republic Commando Crashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair13 View Post
Republic Commando was the best damn Star Wars game LucasArts ever decided to make but has many horrible bugs... I used to be one of the best at Republic Commando when I had my GeForce 5200(horrible) which used to be top of the line around 2003. I stopped playing for awhile and got interested in Crysis and I installed my new Visiontek(bad company) HD 3850. I was happy for a few months and decided to play RC again.

But when I started the game it kept on crashing. I clicked customize on the Multiplayer menu and it crashed. When I set bumpmapping to low, everything started working again but left a deep dent on my former RC glory. The graphics were so distracting that I got . The arms are in a very weird position and I was very used to maxing it out. Is there a solution to my crashes without changing any of the graphics??? Thanks for reading.
I've probably played through the campaign 3 times, on varying hardware. Doesn't help you, but I've never had it crash once.
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-09, 10:41 PM   #3
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

I did have a good number of crashes with this game back in the day.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-09, 11:42 PM   #4
K-1

Republic Commando used some proprietary tech in order to get bump-mapping to work on the Unreal 2 Engine. This tech was based around getting it to work on the hardware that was out at the time, and because it was designed so specifically it doesn't work properly with current hardware. Not much you can do but use an older graphic card, when I last replayed the game I threw my 7950GT back in in order to play the game right.
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 12:09 AM   #5
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I played this on Xbox back in the day... great game.

I got it for PC much later in the Star Wars best of collection... ran fine for me, but I only played a couple levels.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 05:46 AM   #6
K007

this was such an awesome game i really enjoyed it on the pc
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 02:18 PM   #7
AdamK47

Too bad nVidia helped mess this game up by implementing now obsolete hardware calls.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote