Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-23-09, 11:43 AM   #1201
|MaguS|

Default Re: Fallout 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoplasym View Post
Wth don't you understand? You speak English correct.....
Yes, Im just waiting for you to learn how to type it...
Old 06-23-09, 11:58 AM   #1202
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Ok, Proto is clearly Maxfx or something....
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 12:08 PM   #1203
Protoplasym

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Yes, Im just waiting for you to learn how to type it...
I asked you to specify what you were unclear on... and instead you replied with a 15 year old smart ass remark. Obviously you're simply being a c*nt...

Okey dokey there, Toto.
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

280 Legit Games installed

(2) 500 GB drives
(1) 80 GB drive (houses the OS only)
Protoplasym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 12:13 PM   #1204
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
I asked you to specify what you were unclear on... and instead you replied with a 15 year old smart ass remark. Obviously you're simply being a c*nt...

Okey dokey there, Toto.

Somebody please get rid of this dude!
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 12:30 PM   #1205
Protoplasym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Somebody please get rid of this dude!
So much animosity... so much hostility.

Find that brain of yours.
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives
Old 06-23-09, 01:02 PM   #1206
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

point lookout have been released.
Old 06-23-09, 01:13 PM   #1207
Yaboze

I didn't really get what you were trying to say either, I'm sorry,

You were talking about crashing I think, then asking why PC players put up with it? Just not sure what the hell you were saying.

This game does have crash issues and as a PC gamer, I DEAL with it, because it's a good game. There is no patch today and I hope they release one soon.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 01:31 PM   #1208
Protoplasym

Post Re: Fallout 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
I didn't really get what you were trying to say either, I'm sorry,

You were talking about crashing I think (that wasn't me, that was MaguS that said he fixed most of his crashing issues), then asking why PC players put up with it? Just not sure what the hell you were saying.

This game does have crash issues and as a PC gamer, I DEAL with it, because it's a good game. There is no patch today and I hope they release one soon.
Well crap... I'll try to explain then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Fixed most of my crashing issues, it was some ini tweaks I made. Still crash often but it isn't nearly as bad now.
The first night I installed this game... I ran into the stupid Memory Leaks it has with my driver set. I pushed forward with the retarded frame rate issues anyways for about an hour just to see what the world had to offer/look like compared to ESIII/IV.

Past that though, I haven't done anything with it short of try ALL four patches to no avail with 10-15 mins of testing/ea.

(That ^ explains why I don't understand people who have issues like crashing, save games being lost randomly, misc bugs that make the game more frustrating than fun/etc/etc can continue to play through 'said issues' because I myself was halted from the get go, i.e. - the day I installed the game, I learned that it wasn't going to run properly, and ater patching it with 'all' 4 of the current patches, 'nothing' changed, my ridiculous Memory Leak issues which cause Framerate hell after a few minutes of play continued to occur.)

I don't understand how SO many people have continued to play a game that "crashes often" and/or has other serious problems.

(The framerate issues I encounter because I'm on the 169.21 driver set make the game unbearable to play, and I don't understand how others can force themselves to play through issues like crashes/etc... because I cannot no matter how "fun or cool" a game may be.) Fyi, FO3 has never crashed on me a single time.... everything runs fine (well, except for the movement bug which still hasn't been fixed in the latest patch) except for the horrible Memory Leaking that happens because of the drivers I use.

I'd expect so much from console sheep, but not from PC Gamers!

(i.e., Console games for the most part suffer from sporadic and poor framerates, god knows how many misc bugs, graphical issues like no AA and no VSync, and generally poor performance, hence my opinion that I would expect Console gamers to play through such problems, but not from a PC Gamer who has come to expect nothing but the best.)

I sincerely hope that clears up any confusion... I thought I was clear enough, but apparently I wasn't... Apologies
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives

Old 06-23-09, 01:51 PM   #1209
Yaboze

I understood the first part, memory leaks and frame rate issues, you didn't say how bad it was, but I am guessing it's not playable. You didn't say what else you did except for patch the game, which really only fixes game functions, for the most part.

The part that confused me, was only the last part.

The 169.21 set is old, you might want to try the 182.* sets.

The game was unstable as soon as I started adding the downloadable content.

My issues with the game are far and few between. I crash once and a while, but it is annoying.

My friend plays on a system lesser than yours, an AMD 64 2.4 single core, 9600GT, XP SP3 and 2GB and it runs well for him. Not sure what's wrong on your end.
Old 06-23-09, 02:59 PM   #1210
Protoplasym

Quote:
I understood the first part, memory leaks and frame rate issues, you didn't say how bad it was, but I am guessing it's not playable. You didn't say what else you did except for patch the game, which really only fixes game functions, for the most part.

The part that confused me, was only the last part.

The 169.21 set is old, you might want to try the 182.* sets.

The game was unstable as soon as I started adding the downloadable content.

My issues with the game are far and few between. I crash once and a while, but it is annoying.

My friend plays on a system lesser than yours, an AMD 64 2.4 single core, 9600GT, XP SP3 and 2GB and it runs well for him. Not sure what's wrong on your end.
Glad I could clear it up for you. Yeah, it's unplayable because the game was never tested on any NVidia Drivers previous to the 174.xxx series... and since I'm on the 169.21, that completely leaves me out in the dark. Something to do with the way FO3 uses the drivers I'm on causes Memory instability... I'm not exactly sure what's happening, but I know (from doing tests) that the longer I stay in FO3 and the more times the framerate dies, the more Memory my system allocates to the FO3.exe over time. Bethesda confirmed that I need a current 180.xxx series in order to play the game correctly.

It doesn't make any sense to me because Oblivion runs fine, and imo: FO3 doesn't look that different... I blame Bethesda for not spending enough money on BETA Testing in general... but they're not the only Developer who lacks in that department these days.

I can't move up until I know I'm going to have stable performance... I have 280 games which 99% work flawlessly on the 169.21s... I can't upgrade and possibly lose functionality with hundreds or more working games just to make one game work, so I'm being patient until I'm ready to do an upgrade. I'm in no hurry to play FO3... they've still got the "movement bug" to fix, GOTE needs to come out/be out for a good 6 months before I buy it (Ebay for $30, not a penny more), and I need to wait until some super kicka** driver comes out.

If worse comes to worse; I'll simply build a new machine.... I'm itching to try out W7 next Summer after it's been fixed up a bit. Maybe I'll simply scrap the idea of trying to get FO3 to work on my current build.... it'd suck though because I want my entire collection on one build.

"The game was unstable as soon as I started adding the downloadable content.

My issues with the game are far and few between. I crash once and a while, but it is annoying."

Sorry to hear that.... have you experienced this "movement bug" I speak of? (when one releases any movement key [strafe left/right/forward/back], the player 50-60% of the time still takes an extra step)

thks
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives
Old 06-23-09, 03:14 PM   #1211
Yaboze

I will need to check for the movement bug.

People complain about the 185+ sets, but I hear the 182.06, which is about 2 WHQL sets behind 186.18 and are from Feb, are supposedly very good.

I really doubt they'll break anything, the only way to know is to try.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_182.06_whql.html
Old 06-23-09, 03:30 PM   #1212
Protoplasym

Quote:
I will need to check for the movement bug.

People complain about the 185+ sets, but I hear the 182.06, which is about 2 WHQL sets behind 186.18 and are from Feb, are supposedly very good.

I really doubt they'll break anything, the only way to know is to try.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_182.06_whql.html
I really appreciate the suggestions... that's the 3rd or 4th time I've seen someone recommend one of the 182.xxx series.

Lol... please understand my insecurity in regards to performing driver updates... I know it's supposed to be routine even for the most mundane PCer, but I've never done one before... and 50/50 of what I read about people doing updates are horror stories, so I've been scared to the bone of messing with it. Hell, my Sound Card needs newer drivers, and I'm still on SP2 (still haven't read enough definitive info to make me believe I need these, even though some of the latest games I've picked up have SP3 as a bloody requirement).

Yeah, I'd appreciate it if you'd check for that movement bug and report back: I suspect that you haven't encountered it otherwise you'd have it in your mind already, lol... it's very annoying.
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives