Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-24-09, 04:16 AM   #13
Albo

Default Re: PC monitor changes to a color everytime at start-up?

So far so good. I think I fixed it.
The problems was either my CPU wasn't overclocked, or the new drivers I had installed confilicted with the old ones. What ever the problem, I'm staying with 175.19.

This is what I did. I noticed there was something wrong, when CP works fine, and Vista does not. And I had recently (2 weeks) installed updated drivers (for vista only), from 175 to 185, and I thought that must be the problem.

So In safe mode I uninstalled the graphics card, deleted all of the nvidia drivers on my PC, then ran driver Cleaner Pro 1.5 - I chose nvidia, and it deleted all of the nvidia drivers (double-checked). And then I restarted into normal Vista. Popped in the driver CD that came with my card. Installed. Restarted, the color thing happened. Then I said **** it. And went to sleep. Halfway through the night I woke up with an itch to play. So I thought of everything that might have changed, and cpu speed was one of them. (I had it overclocked) So I change it to what it was. And Started it in normal mode again. And no error. Played a little America's Army 3 (Finished the training). Then I thought should I restart for the heck of it? And so I did.

And it didn't happen again.

I'm guessing problem fixed, but I guess only time will tell.

Thanks for your help guys.
I appreciate it.
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote