Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-26-09, 02:30 AM   #13
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Who's going to get suckered into the hype this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
I have yet to upgrade to a DX10 card.
dont talk to me.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 06:51 AM   #14
Atomizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
dont talk to me.
+1

Not getting Vista or having DX10 capability, doesnt mean you need to limit yourself from better performance under DX9
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 08:30 AM   #15
rudedog
Not so Rude

LOL not me.

Other then Valve (and they support DX9 just fine) what developer has shown any respect to the PC customer these past 12-15 months? Hell the best selling game out their right now (Call of Duty - Modern Warfare and World at War) are still DX9 games and took great! Crysis was a DX10 joke, even MS's own Flight simulator which was suppose to be a DX10 only game shipped with DX9 and later added a half assed attempt at DX10.

There is no reason to keep buying PC hardware when the only reason, in the past, was to play the latest and greatest PC games at full res with all the visuals turned up.

Now that PC games are a second thought in the devs minds, there is no reason to upgrade which saves me a ton of money in the long run.

Sorry to all the PC hardware companies that are going to take a big hit this year, you can thank Microsoft for supporting their PC gaming platform.
BDR-202|X-Fi Fatal1ty 2.07.0004|Logitec G7-setpoint 3.1.116|Ergodex DX1-firmware 1.1-driver1.3|Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD|PCPower and Cooling TurboCool 1000 SLI|Windows 7 Ultimate|Klipsch THX 5.1
Imac: Snow Leopard|27" screen|i7 2.93|12 GB|ATI HD 5750 1G|WD 1T SATA|2xWD 2T firewire 800|Sharing Dell 24"
Laptop: MBP|2.16|2GB ram|160drive
Laptop 2: MBP Unibody|2.66|4GB ram|320drive
Camera: D700 + MB-D10 + EN-EL3e + GP1|Nikon14-24 f2.8|nikon24-70 f2.8|nikon70-200 f2.8|nikon 50 f1.4|Sigma 150-500
Car: 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purl|6 Speed|Power roof|Super Track Pack|20" classic rims|Functional ram air hood
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 09:44 AM   #16
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
LOL not me.

Other then Valve (and they support DX9 just fine) what developer has shown any respect to the PC customer these past 12-15 months? Hell the best selling game out their right now (Call of Duty - Modern Warfare and World at War) are still DX9 games and took great! Crysis was a DX10 joke, even MS's own Flight simulator which was suppose to be a DX10 only game shipped with DX9 and later added a half assed attempt at DX10.

There is no reason to keep buying PC hardware when the only reason, in the past, was to play the latest and greatest PC games at full res with all the visuals turned up.

Now that PC games are a second thought in the devs minds, there is no reason to upgrade which saves me a ton of money in the long run.

Sorry to all the PC hardware companies that are going to take a big hit this year, you can thank Microsoft for supporting their PC gaming platform.
Valve?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-09, 02:47 AM   #17
Atomizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
LOL not me.

Blizzard are making a comeback, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3!
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote