Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-28-09, 04:33 PM   #97
Stephen Warren

Default Re: Xine vdpau announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by james321 View Post
Hi. I'm getting picture errors on tv1000hd channel when using vdpau. All other h264 channel works fine. I have 8400gs(g98) with 512mb ram. I'm using nvidia 185.19 drivers on 64-bit ubuntu 9.04 and xine-1.2 with vdpau-261 patch.
I uploaded a sample to http://www.sendspace.com/file/r5c3d7
It was recorded with vdr-1.6.0 and it plays perfectly using "xine -V xv". I'm getting same errors on vdr-1.7.7 so it's not a problem with vdr version.
There are two issues with these clips. One is a VDPAU issue. We've developed a fix and it should appear in a driver release soon.

However, even with the VDPAU fix, xine doesn't decode the clips correctly, even though MPlayer does. This indicates that there's also some problem with the DPB or picture parameters that xine is providing to VDPAU.
Stephen Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 11:37 AM   #98
Lost Dog

Is anyone else seeing out of sync audio using xine-vdpau? With the video renderer as vdpau the audio is ~1/4 second or so off the picture. It almost seems to get worse the longer the video is played but I can't definitively say that.

With video.driver=xv I do not see the issue. It's only present when video.driver=vdpau.

This happens on all different video types, not just DVD's. I'm using the nvidia driver 180.51 but it happened with previous versions as well...

I do not see this behavior when using vdpau in mythtv.
Lost Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 11:16 AM   #99
james321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
There are two issues with these clips. One is a VDPAU issue. We've developed a fix and it should appear in a driver release soon.

However, even with the VDPAU fix, xine doesn't decode the clips correctly, even though MPlayer does. This indicates that there's also some problem with the DPB or picture parameters that xine is providing to VDPAU.
Thank you for the VDPAU fix. I'll try to get ahold of xine-vdpau developer in irc after the driver release.
james321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-09, 12:46 PM   #100
Sky777

does it possible to add in xine-vdpau the possibility of choice the deinterlace algorithm for SD 576i and HDTV 1080i channels ?
for example - for HDTV channels I would like to set half_temporal algo, for SD 576i channels I would like to set spatial_temporal algo
Old 07-04-09, 03:15 PM   #101
crisalide

That's already the case. temporal_spatial is always used for SD, and video.output.vdpau_deinterlace_method is used for HD.
crisalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-09, 06:29 PM   #102
Lost Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisalide View Post
That's already the case. temporal_spatial is always used for SD, and video.output.vdpau_deinterlace_method is used for HD.
What post processing is available with xine-vdpau? I'd like to do what I can to maximize the quality of DVD's that I watch and with non-vdpau xine I was using some tvtime filters.

Thanks!
Lost Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-09, 12:04 PM   #103
cehoyos
FFmpeg developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehoyos View Post
I see (as I thought, the same) artefacts with latest MPlayer svn.
Fixed in 190.16

Carl Eugen
cehoyos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-09, 06:21 AM   #104
ksng

Hi, I'm not sure whether I can still report an xine-vdpau issue with this thread. It is on random rectangular blocks keep occurring when playing a Hong Kong h264 HD TV broadcast channel, either live or from a recorded file. A sample of a recorded clip can be downloaded from http://www.sendspace.com/file/gqmyge

I've tried on all combinations of GeForce 9300GS/9500GT, and Nvidia driver versions 185.18.14/190.18-beta. The rectangular blocks would start to occur after 10 to 20 secs of playing, but would disappear temporarily on scene change, and then would gradually reappear.

Thanks and Regards,
KS Ng
ksng is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-09, 04:05 PM   #105
Stephen Warren

ksng, Can you try playing that file without using VDPAU, or in other applications using VDPAU (please also try MPlayer SW and VDPAU decoding). Does the problem still occur? Does the problem always look the same and appear in the same place in the file?

If you don't see any problems without VDPAU can you post an nvidia-bug-report, and upload the file to NVIDIA's file drop (see VDPAU sticky); I can't access filesharing sites. Thanks.
Stephen Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 12:35 AM   #106
crisalide

i've checked that file and found it's a DPB issue, not nvidia's one.
crisalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 06:12 AM   #107
ksng

Hi Stephen, I've tried various players with following results:
1. ffplay - s/w decode only, plays fine, though exhausting CPU to 100%
2. mplayer, w or w/o vdpau - cannot play the file. I've logged a bugzilla report
3. vlc - plays fine, though exhausting CPU to 100%
4. vlc with vaapi (vdpau backend for vaapi) - basically plays OK without the random blocks, but there's some flickering
5. xine with xine-lib 1.1.16, no vdpau - video screen can show up but the clip cannot be played smoothly, plus lot of errors keep occurring. See attached. There's no such error when playing with xine-vdpau.

When playing with xine-vdpau, the random blocks seems always occurring at same locations.

I'm not sure if it is vdpau issue. Anyway I've uploaded the file xine_vdpau_random_blocks.ts to the Nvidia file drop.

Thanks,
ksng
Attached Files
File Type: log xine.log (7.9 KB, 131 views)
ksng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 07:57 AM   #108
cehoyos
FFmpeg developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksng View Post
A sample of a recorded clip can be downloaded from http://www.sendspace.com/file/gqmyge
No visible artefacts with mplayer -tsprobe 71850 -mc 2 (both with and without vdpau).

Carl Eugen
cehoyos is offline   Reply With Quote