Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-06-09, 07:51 PM   #25
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Starcraft II no lan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeong View Post
Personally I couldn't care less since I will be getting the box on the 1st day. What I do care is is it really gonna come to us this year? W/ at least 4 months of beta testing, I think it's about some damn time they kick off the event if they are going to release it this year.
What's gonna happen is that the beta will be released right after Blizzcon 09, maybe 2 or 3 months of beta testing, and then it will release in Dec 09/Jan 10. Just my guess.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-09, 07:40 AM   #26
Atomizer

Default Re: Starcraft II no lan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Sounds like nobody here has been updated. LAN is going to be included, it's just that you have to go through Battle.net 2.0 to do so. So even if you don't have an Internet connection, you can "log" into Battle.net via Offline type mode and go on your way.
I havent really been following the news, if this is true then its pretty much the best solution, and essentially what steam provides(though I think if you start steam in offline mode you can still lan, havent tried it though)
So even more props to Blizzard for knowing standard DRM is going to be hacked anyway, and providing a better solution that benefits customers
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote