Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-10-09, 06:20 PM   #1
technoid

Default Partition Clone Program

I've used Norton Ghost 8 in the past to clone an OS Partition on my hard drive using a boot floppy but I tried to use it on the latest machine I built and it locks up in the menus, so maybe it doesn't like the way I have it setup. I can use the keyboard arrow keys once or twice and then the machine locks up and nothing works and I have to hit the reset button. So what else is a good program to use.

What I want to do.

Clone Partition #1 to Partition #2 for restoring later.

How I have it setup.

Western Digital 640GB Black ( SATA)
Partition #1 - 500GB - Windows XP SP3 OS Partition
Partition #2 - 100GB - Data Storage.

Acronis True Image 11 Home says it can't find a hard drive when I boot with an ISO image I made from it, then the Windows Version says it only works with 2 hard drives. So it seems to be out.

Is there a SOLID program I can use to Clone Windows XP on Partition #1 and store the image on Partition #2 for reimaging the first partition later?

EDIT: I took a look at Acronis True Image 2009 and it seems to have what I want, that being it shows it can clone a single partition. Now if it will allow me to clone partition #1 to partition #2 it will give me what I need. I'll report back after I try using it.

Last edited by technoid; 07-12-09 at 11:03 PM.
technoid is offline   Reply With Quote