Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 7

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-09, 01:26 PM   #25
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Top 5 things you'd love to see in Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenWoW View Post
I think the thing I'm trying to get at here is that winrar support should already be added despite the fact that pirates use winrar to distribute their files.

Why? Because it's convenient for the user.

Even if Windows 7 doesn't include winrar, what's going to stop the pirates from downloading it anyway? Hell, what's stopping them from pirating winrar pro?

It's just a few minutes annoyance for a pirate to download it, quite a few minutes annoyance for people who don't know what WinRaR is and receive a .rar file from a friend.

I don't advocate piracy and I don't think including winrar in W7 would increase it either. It's just like you people fighting against DRM because you say "It doesn't matter the pirates will pirate it anyway it will make it convenient for us if developers didn't include DRM."

Don't be hypocritical here people...
How the hell did you go from WinRAR to piracy?

The point is, WinRAR is a third-party compression and is not just free to MS to distribute in their OS. If they included support, there would be lawsuits. They will never add .rar support, because they would have to pay for the rights to use it.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-09, 07:42 PM   #26
XDanger
Whaaat?
 
XDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,723
Default Re: Top 5 things you'd love to see in Windows 7

I just installed 7100 and chess spreads itself over monitors fine, Can I assume multi monitor is all good in 7? I have no time to install a game now, Need sleep.
__________________
2500K 4.4ghz,P8P67Pro,120gb Force3, 12gb Vengeance,R9290,TX850v2,W7HP,LaCie Blue 22" crt COMMODORE 64 Silver Label 1Mhz/128D 4Mhz(Z80)
XDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-09, 07:45 PM   #27
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Top 5 things you'd love to see in Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDanger View Post
I just installed 7100 and chess spreads itself over monitors fine, Can I assume multi monitor is all good in 7? I have no time to install a game now, Need sleep.
Multi-monitor is supported by the drivers correct? I mean, I would assume it works...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-09, 08:52 PM   #28
RaidenWoW
ಠ_ಠ
 
RaidenWoW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 737
Default Re: Top 5 things you'd love to see in Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
How the hell did you go from WinRAR to piracy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
why? show me 5 companies that actually distribute legal files compressed in rar (non-SFX files).
few posts up but I see your point.
__________________
ヽ(`Д)ノ
[/eVGA 8800GTS 640mb OC630mhz eVGA 8800GTS G92 eVGA 9800GTX G92] Gigabyte Radeon 6870 | Q6600 @ 2.92ghz Zalman 9700 45c-55c | Crucial M4 64g | eVga 790i Ultra [/Asus Striker Extreme]
RaidenWoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-09, 09:14 PM   #29
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Top 5 things you'd love to see in Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenWoW View Post
few posts up but I see your point.
LOL Ohhhh now it makes sense
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-09, 09:18 PM   #30
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Top 5 things you'd love to see in Windows 7

my point was why pay for licensing and possibly open yourself for lawsuit to add an format that no company uses to distribute files.
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-09, 09:21 PM   #31
RaidenWoW
ಠ_ಠ
 
RaidenWoW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 737
Default Re: Top 5 things you'd love to see in Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
why point was why pay for licensing and possibly open yourself for lawsuit to add an format that no company uses to distribute files.
Why create .docx then?
__________________
ヽ(`Д)ノ
[/eVGA 8800GTS 640mb OC630mhz eVGA 8800GTS G92 eVGA 9800GTX G92] Gigabyte Radeon 6870 | Q6600 @ 2.92ghz Zalman 9700 45c-55c | Crucial M4 64g | eVga 790i Ultra [/Asus Striker Extreme]
RaidenWoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-09, 09:23 PM   #32
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Top 5 things you'd love to see in Windows 7

what does docx have to do with rar?
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-09, 09:27 PM   #33
RaidenWoW
ಠ_ಠ
 
RaidenWoW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 737
Default Re: Top 5 things you'd love to see in Windows 7

I spoke before I thought but what I meant was,
Nobody ever used docx and it was constant havoc when someone tried to send someone else a file and the receiver didn't have Word 2007.
__________________
ヽ(`Д)ノ
[/eVGA 8800GTS 640mb OC630mhz eVGA 8800GTS G92 eVGA 9800GTX G92] Gigabyte Radeon 6870 | Q6600 @ 2.92ghz Zalman 9700 45c-55c | Crucial M4 64g | eVga 790i Ultra [/Asus Striker Extreme]
RaidenWoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-09, 09:29 PM   #34
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Top 5 things you'd love to see in Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenWoW View Post
I spoke before I thought but what I meant was,
Nobody ever used docx and it was constant havoc when someone tried to send someone else a file and the receiver didn't have Word 2007.
They offered a way for older users of Office to open/create the files.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-09, 09:31 PM   #35
RaidenWoW
ಠ_ಠ
 
RaidenWoW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 737
Default Re: Top 5 things you'd love to see in Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
They offered a way for older users of Office to open/create the files.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Much later after people kept whining, plus it took awhile for it to come up on windows update so you would have to tell the person you were sending the file to, "Oh and download this."

Docx should have found a way to be backwards compatible before it even released but nonetheless it's a step in the right direction. I was just using it as an analogy.
__________________
ヽ(`Д)ノ
[/eVGA 8800GTS 640mb OC630mhz eVGA 8800GTS G92 eVGA 9800GTX G92] Gigabyte Radeon 6870 | Q6600 @ 2.92ghz Zalman 9700 45c-55c | Crucial M4 64g | eVga 790i Ultra [/Asus Striker Extreme]
RaidenWoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-09, 09:37 PM   #36
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Top 5 things you'd love to see in Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenWoW View Post
Much later after people kept whining, .
actually the converts where out few months before Office 2007 was final, they released them in Office 2007 beta stage.

and again what does MS made office format have to do with RAR compression
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.