Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-16-09, 05:11 AM   #37
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Default Re: Fallout: New Vegas Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Just goes to show how different people's tastes are. I personally didn't like Oblivion (nor Morrowind before it) much and loved Fallout 3.
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Wish they would add coop to their games... Fallout 3 would be awesome playing with a friend.
If the game was properly designed around that option (i.e. changed difficulty and minor NPC reactions etc) it would be very cool. My friends usually complain when I dive into a 60+ hour RPG with no time for them anymore, not even MP gaming
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 06:21 AM   #38
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Um L4D has a great Coop Experiance that follows the Solo Experiance perfectly as does RE5. I mean when a game is designed with multiple characters going through the story together is when coop works best.

A bad example of coop would be Halo where in the story they talk about a single spartan but there are 2 master chiefs running around... or System Shock 2 (even though very fun) your a lone survivor yet in coop you can have 3 of your friends join in...
I would just simply rather they spend their time and resources making the best solo exploration focused action/RPG they can, as they always have. Co-op means changing what a Bethesda game is to me, and I don't want that, not at all.

There are many co-op alternatives if you want them.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 06:39 AM   #39
Thunderbolt56
Gladiusdoctori

I guess I'm in the minority. I absolutely got addicted to Oblivion and though I finished the main quest and all but a few of the smaller side quests I still have my save-game in the hopes ti finish everything (and on the outside chance there still might be something else released for it).

I picked up FALLOUT 3 as soon as it was released and it sat for weeks before I decided to dig into it. It was slow to get my attention, but once it did I loved it. I agree the main quest was WAY too short and the ceiling on leveling up is a big no-no and sucked some of the fun out of it...but there are some expansions slated for Fall release for the PS3 (already out for XBox I think) so I'll go back to a previous save game and finish some of the side quests as well as play through the new content.

I'm a diehard pc gamer and spend 95% of my pc time in flight sims, but an occasional RPG on a console is fun.
Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz w/ Thermalright TRUE copper and dual 120mm fans | P6T Deluxe V2 | 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600mhz @ 1523mhz | WD VRaptor 300GB | Seagate 500GB 32mb cache | X-Fi-Titanium Fatal1ty Champion | XFX GTX285 Black Edition 1GB | CoolerMaster Stacker 830 silver | Dell 2707WFP 27" | Windows Vista HP x64 sp2
Thunderbolt56 is offline   Reply With Quote