Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-04-09, 09:27 PM   #1
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Dragon Age News

will make the DRM is evil crowd happy.

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I have some good news to pass on to you today that answers one of the most frequently asked Dragon Age: Origins PC questions.

We’re happy to announce that the boxed/retail PC version of Dragon Age: Origins will use only a basic disk check and it will not require online authentication. In other words, the retail PC version of the game won’t require you to go online to authenticate the game for offline play. We have chosen not to use SecuROM in any version of Dragon Age that is distributed by EA or BioWare.

Some other cool stuff that we hope you’ll like - we have already launched the Dragon Age toolset beta, which offers developer-grade tools, and we’re looking forward to what fans will create with it. We’ll also be supporting the game with a ton of great downloadable content that will be available for purchase after the game’s release. Together these features will provide some very cool reasons to go online with Dragon Age: Origins.

We’re really excited as we head towards the release of Dragon Age: Origins this fall on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, so keep an eye out for more news as we’ll be providing you with more details shortly.

Stay tuned for more coolness to come…
http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopi...7056&forum=135
Old 05-04-09, 09:38 PM   #2
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Dragon Age News

This is weird, because Bioware stated that SecuROM on Mass Effect helped sales a lot (which it probably did, if you read pirate forums from that time).
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-09, 09:41 PM   #3
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

I'm still mad that they delayed the release because of console version. PC version has been finished for a while, but we have to wait till fall/winter for simultaneous release.
Old 05-04-09, 09:44 PM   #4
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
I'm still mad that they delayed the release because of console version. PC version has been finished for a while, but we have to wait till fall/winter for simultaneous release.
It was announced for Fall/Winter before they even announced the console version...
Old 05-04-09, 09:46 PM   #5
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
It was announced for Fall/Winter before they even announced the console version...
No it wasn't. It was Spring when Game Informer announced the console versions forever ago... then just a coupe months ago they delayed it and specifically said it was for a simultaneous release.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 05-04-09, 09:52 PM   #6
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
No it wasn't. It was Spring when Game Informer announced the console versions forever ago... then just a coupe months ago they delayed it and specifically said it was for a simultaneous release.
Eh oh well. Never cared for the console version of the game. I can wait... not like I have a shortage of games to play.
Old 05-04-09, 10:00 PM   #7
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
This is weird, because Bioware stated that SecuROM on Mass Effect helped sales a lot (which it probably did, if you read pirate forums from that time).
I think they're hoping that people will buy the game for the said DLC that would be made available. Usually DLC requires you to have the real copy of the game...correct me if im wrong!
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 10:14 AM   #8
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Dragon Age Origins Collector's Edition

The Dragon Age Origins Collector's Edition comes with:
Tin Case
Bonus DVD including:
A making of documentary
Soundtrack
Trailers
Wallpaper
Concept art video
Strategy tips.
Cloth Map
3 pieces of exclusive in-game content:
Bergens Honor
Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes
Final Reason
Additional In Game Content
"The Stone Prisoner" unlockable bonus quest and unlockable character, Shale
An unlockable item for Mass Effect 2
Get an exclusive in-game item for use in the upcoming title Mass Effect 2

Reserve Dragon Age Origins and receive these in-game items:
The GameStop Exclusive Feral Wolf Charm - With this charm, hunters claim that they are enchanted on moonlit nights by scantily clad witches deep in the heart of the Korcari Wilds. As if that's not enough, the charm also adds to your armor and increases your health regeneration.
The Memory Ring - Allows your character to accumulate experience points at an accelerated rate and level up more efficiently.
Available for online and in-store customers while supplies last.

Online Customers: A unique code to unlock the Memory Ring and Feral Wolf Charm will be emailed to you when your game ships.

In-Store Pickup / Store Customers: A rave card containing a code for the Memory Ring and Feral Wolf Charm will be available at time of purchase.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=75494

Old 07-16-09, 10:26 AM   #9
|MaguS|

Getting the CE for the Mass Effect 2 bonus.

Wish I could tie it to Steam though.... would get the Steam version but want the extras.
Old 07-16-09, 11:29 AM   #10
LurkerLito

Yeah but what DRM are they going to use for the download version? I am fine with either steamworks or GOO (preferred). What I will not stand for is the C&C4 type protection EA is going to use where you need to be online all the time to even play single player. While it doesn't happen often that I am not connected to the net, I find it absolutely intolerable that I cannot play single player games if my net connection has issues for any reason.

I also want the CE version but not if I have to have a disc in the drive to play it. All the extras included isn't worth that IMO, so I want the downloadable version but with all the exclusive in game content including the stuff for ME2. I just don't care about any of the other physical extras like a tin case or bonus making of DVD.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 12:11 PM   #11
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

This might be the first collector's edition I buy in a long time, if only for the extra in-game items. I couldn't care less about statues and such, but more quests and items? That tempts me.

Then again, it annoys me they would charge me $15 for one quest, so... maybe I will tell them to shove it.

Old 07-16-09, 12:34 PM   #12
DansFace

a little OT.. but do they plan to release mass effect 2 on PC and xbox 360 at the same time?

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote