Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-01-09, 12:23 AM   #61
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Why DirectX 11 will save the video card industry and why you don't care

I tried the Win7 release candidate, but I'm still using Vista... I have always been a Vista defender, and I think it works great. Diving in to new compatability issues with old games (and new games) is not high on my list.

Like Vista, I'll get Win7 6 months after release or so. Hopefully no new "Win7 only" B.S. happens before then.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 12:27 AM   #62
mojoman0

Default Re: Why DirectX 11 will save the video card industry and why you don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I tried the Win7 release candidate, but I'm still using Vista... I have always been a Vista defender, and I think it works great. Diving in to new compatability issues with old games (and new games) is not high on my list.

Like Vista, I'll get Win7 6 months after release or so. Hopefully no new "Win7 only" B.S. happens before then.
you won't find those compatibility issues in 7. Everything that works under vista is supposed to work with 7. Its a very similar OS.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 04:17 AM   #63
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
you won't find those compatibility issues in 7. Everything that works under vista is supposed to work with 7. Its a very similar OS.
I've already read about a ton of game issues under Win7 that do not exist in Vista.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 08-01-09, 05:01 AM   #64
Atomizer

Odd as ive had no such issues, and ive been playing alot of games, though its true I havent tried some of the older games, might fire up System shock 2 at some point, though I had that working on Vista fine, so I dont see why it would be any different in Win7
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 07:20 AM   #65
rudedog
Not so Rude

so far the only problems I've read or heard about is games that use punkbuster with people using windows 7
BDR-202|X-Fi Fatal1ty 2.07.0004|Logitec G7-setpoint 3.1.116|Ergodex DX1-firmware 1.1-driver1.3|Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD|PCPower and Cooling TurboCool 1000 SLI|Windows 7 Ultimate|Klipsch THX 5.1
Imac: Snow Leopard|27" screen|i7 2.93|12 GB|ATI HD 5750 1G|WD 1T SATA|2xWD 2T firewire 800|Sharing Dell 24"
Laptop: MBP|2.16|2GB ram|160drive
Laptop 2: MBP Unibody|2.66|4GB ram|320drive
Camera: D700 + MB-D10 + EN-EL3e + GP1|Nikon14-24 f2.8|nikon24-70 f2.8|nikon70-200 f2.8|nikon 50 f1.4|Sigma 150-500
Car: 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purl|6 Speed|Power roof|Super Track Pack|20" classic rims|Functional ram air hood
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 12:08 PM   #66
fizzelopeguss

Quote:

I've had no issues, it's a really great OS, MS surprised me.
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 05:49 PM   #67
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

If you go to the Steam forums for individual games you will see a ton of "can't get this to work on Win7" threads, followed by "there are no solutions right now" responses.

I know a lot of times that stuff can be B.S., like FEAR not working on Vista which I see stated everywhere and know is not true... still, it makes one worry.

Old 08-03-09, 06:44 AM   #68
ASUSEN7900GTX

how long do you think it takes to make ground in various games and emviroments to look realistic to that of a flat poly thiny to ground?
i mean when you walk dirt stirs rock roll (small) you know what i mean like what vrysis did for trees and **** but when will the ground be more live and relistic?
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
ASUSEN7900GTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-09, 09:03 AM   #69
Badboy_12345

Quote:
If you go to the Steam forums for individual games you will see a ton of "can't get this to work on Win7" threads, followed by "there are no solutions right now" responses.

I know a lot of times that stuff can be B.S., like FEAR not working on Vista which I see stated everywhere and know is not true... still, it makes one worry.
Every game I have tried works in windows 7. And I have had it since beta.
Only problems were with punkbuster/gameguard etc for games.
I know gameguard has been updated but I dont play any game with punkbuster.
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 01:21 AM   #70
Atomizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSEN7900GTX View Post
how long do you think it takes to make ground in various games and emviroments to look realistic to that of a flat poly thiny to ground?
i mean when you walk dirt stirs rock roll (small) you know what i mean like what vrysis did for trees and **** but when will the ground be more live and relistic?
Well, there have already been a few games to have terrain damage, the best example is...crap I cant remember the name now....nm, found some of my screenshots, I believe its called World in Conflict(only have the filename to go by, "WIC"), I only played the demo though:

Honestly though, until we get some more dedicated PC games with DX11 only(ie, prolly after DX12 or 13 comes out), I dont see it being a major feature anytime soon.
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote