Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-05-09, 11:14 PM   #1
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Virtualbox Install Issues with Vista x64

For some reason, when I try to install VBox, it "ends prematurely" but doesn't give a real reason. After doing some research, most Googling suggest that the Virtualbox Network Interface needs to be uninstalled . . . but mine is already uninstalled.

Has anybody ran into this issue before? Just thought I would ask here . . .
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 11:41 PM   #2
ViN86

Default Re: Virtualbox Install Issues with Vista x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
For some reason, when I try to install VBox, it "ends prematurely" but doesn't give a real reason. After doing some research, most Googling suggest that the Virtualbox Network Interface needs to be uninstalled . . . but mine is already uninstalled.

Has anybody ran into this issue before? Just thought I would ask here . . .
I have a related networking issue with VMWare. NAT doesn't work at all in Windows 7 RC.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 08:31 AM   #3
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

My guess is that there is one small entry in the registry causing all this crap. Damn I hate Windows sometimes.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 09:37 AM   #4
LurkerLito

Well I have had issues with Virtual Box because of a bios bug that will never get resolved (thanks Abit!). It seems the hardware Virtualization stuff can seem to be disabled in the bios if you put it the machine into sleep mode and come back. It doesn't happen after every time you put the machine to sleep but it does happen randomly. The fix is for me is to either power down the machine or put the machine in sleep mode then unplug the power. Then when it restores itself from sleep mode or it powers up the setting is restored. The other alternative way to do it is to reboot, go into my bios, disable hardware virtualization, save reboot, go back into the bios, enable it again, the reboot back to windows.

This also affects installation of virtualbox v3.0+ as the install checks for the hardware virtualization setting. IIRC it didn't warn me that the hardware virtualization was disabled when the installer failed to detect it. The installer just kind of tried to install itself then hung there, with the progress bar was at or almost at 100%, then the progress bar goes in the opposite direction and tells me the install had a problem and to try it again later.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-09, 03:12 AM
ranson
This message has been deleted by CaptNKILL.