Originally Posted by Buio View Post
How much is that? Sounds cheap at least

$18, but then you have to add shipping
Old 07-07-09, 09:39 AM   #62
Buio

Default Re: Sacred 2 Fallen Angel Official Thread

Expansion announced called Ice & Blood.

Quote:
Today Ascaron's Studio II and Deep Silver announced Ice & Blood. According to the information delivered, the extension will deliver new features and lots of extra gaming hours. Furthermore the new Dragonmage character is introduced. Additional features offered by Ice & Blood: More quests, two new areas, new enemies as well as new items for each of the characters.

In our gallery you can find the first screenshots of Ice & Blood. The Sacred 2 add-on is scheduled for release in the second half of 2009.
And some screens too:
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,6...eenshots/News/
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-09, 02:21 PM   #63
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

shots from expansion

Old 07-20-09, 06:13 AM   #64
Buio

New patch v2.43 being released today;
http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.c...ad.php?t=63691

Quote:
The Patch 2.43 for the PC version will be available today after an extended lobby downtime. All the lobbies should be online again around 15:00 (CET) The Steam version may come a bit later.

New Features:

* It is now possible to disable the camera shaking via an entry in the optionscustom.txt. The entry is: camera.cameraShake = 0

Bugfixes:

* The heroes do not point out insufficient armor against the wrong damage types anymore.
* Reflection damage from NPCs has been reduced.
* The Sakkara demon on the "Start Island" no longer attacks the player unless he has been attacked first.
* Gold and XP amounts will now be displayed using periods as the thousands separator. (For example 123.456.789.000)
* When fight music is disabled, the region music will continue to play during combat.
* The bonus "Chance to dismount opponent" has been removed.
* Blowpipes are now able to hit mounted creatures.
* Achievements will only be shown ingame and commented by the hero the first they are accomplished.
* The achievement "Group Hug" is now possible to accomplish.
* Other heroes in multiplayer game sessions are now less chatty.

The patchnotes are not showing all the changes. One of the undocumented changes is the savegames compatibility preparation for the addon.
Old 08-04-09, 10:35 AM   #65
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

It's been a rough year for Ascaron Entertainment. Following the company's filing for insolvency and the liquidation of many of its best assets to Kalypso Media, we now learn via the official Sacred 2 forums that Studio 2 (the subsidiary responsible for the PC version of Sacred 2 and its Ice & Blood expansion pack) has been closed. Apparently Ice & Blood was nearly finished, though, so we just might see the addon yet
From Saturday the 01 of August 2009 on, Koch Media will take over the forum. Due of the bankruptcy of Ascaron and the subsidiary company of Ascaron: Studio 2, both companies will close the doors. Ascaron did it some weeks ago, Studio 2 who continued the work for the PC version of the Addon did it this Friday. The Studio 2 devs and both community manager (Christiane Clarenbach and me) will have to go.
-
The game will continue, the Addon is planed to come out and as I heard from Heiko tom Felde, the console version of the Addon is still a present topic. (this just to cover some questions which may come)

A big thanks to the mods who helped me to get the overview after Carolyn had to go. I will miss Stéphane with his 1000 questions about everything posed in his frendly french way, Lama8 who often pointed out my typos and gave me good advices, Jonnyx who I had to bother every time some tech issues popped up in the forum, Chloe44 with her lovely charm, Dobster who always managed to say the right thing at the right time and many more. All of you were something, I could never be able to manage the SiF forum without.

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.c...ad.php?t=64333
Old 08-04-09, 07:34 PM   #66
Buio

Sad news, but maybe not unexpected. Koch just went in with enough support so the expansion could be finished.

Goodbye video from the people still left that was let go;
http://www.vimeo.com/5856801
Old 08-11-09, 03:01 PM   #67
Buio

Ice & Blood - Expansion trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6TNWQ5w3gc&fmt=22
Old 08-11-09, 03:14 PM   #68
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

THE EXPANSION FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!!!!!

I am sure it will be well supported post-release.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-09, 03:33 PM   #69
Buio

For sure, with 0 people left one month before the expansion release.

I don't know what Koch Media plans are really. They went in with some money so the expansion could be completed. They will take over the forums soon, but I don't know how they plan to support the game. Especially when it has online servers with closed online play (which is a great feature).

Some of the other assets Ascaron had was sold to former employees that have started a new company. It is the economic/strategy type games, like Patrician and Port Royale etc.
Old 08-11-09, 05:15 PM   #70
LurkerLito

I'd really love to get that expansion, but still the thing that worries me more is the whole Securom activation crap embedded into the game. If I run into a problem what happens, this is why any form of activation DRM is a bad idea, before the programmers were let go they should have patched the activation limits out at the bare minimum (though IMO they should have removed the DRM completely).

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote