Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-20-09, 11:11 AM   #1
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Guild Wars 2

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-09, 12:53 PM   #2
Sgt_Pitt

Default Re: Guild Wars 2

epic
Old 08-20-09, 01:41 PM   #3
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

looks good, hope it offers more then GW did.
Old 08-20-09, 02:55 PM   #4
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Looks like an expansion pack... Pretty disappointed in that. But hopefully they don't get lazy like they did last time and actually have a Z axis...
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-09, 03:57 PM   #5
Atomizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Looks like an expansion pack... Pretty disappointed in that. But hopefully they don't get lazy like they did last time and actually have a Z axis...
Where does it look like an expansion pack? The video shows so much stuff not possible in GW, and an entirely new world.
I must say, GW2 has the most fantastical looking world I have yet to see in a MMO, like if you look at most MMOs, they have this bland cities, greenlands, forests etc, but the areas they show off in the video make it look like those creative fantasy paintings(im talking about the actual game parts, not the painted intro).
Though yeah, if they dont have Z axis stuff, that will kill it for me right there.
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-09, 04:11 PM   #6
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
Where does it look like an expansion pack? The video shows so much stuff not possible in GW, and an entirely new world.
I must say, GW2 has the most fantastical looking world I have yet to see in a MMO, like if you look at most MMOs, they have this bland cities, greenlands, forests etc, but the areas they show off in the video make it look like those creative fantasy paintings(im talking about the actual game parts, not the painted intro).
Though yeah, if they dont have Z axis stuff, that will kill it for me right there.
Graphically it looked like an expansion to me. I mean, it looks a little better, but I guess I expected more after years of GW 1.

What in the trailer wasn't possible in GW? Outside of the other races that seem playable (which is a nice addition, so long as they do it right).

Hopefully it will be good... I played GW from launch and played it for a long time, but I have quit for the past year and a half or so because it just got too bland for my tastes. The PVP in the game is just broken as it is... really hope they fix that and the Z axis thing.
Old 08-20-09, 04:13 PM   #7
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

I've never actually ever played GW, I have always wanted to play it but i never wanted to play a MMO that's been out for years and id be miles behind everybody else, Hopefully I might buy this on release if it looks promising ..... Ill have to see/read a bit more into it before i decide.

I don't have a clue what this "Z axis" thing is but by the sounds of it hope GW2 don't have it because it sounds like it could kill the game even before its release.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-09, 11:01 PM   #8
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

ArenaNet mentioned a while ago that Guild Wars 2 is a huge improvement over first Guild Wars. That's actually a great news and no more level 20 cap. I look forward to this more than Aion.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-09, 11:45 PM   #9
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
ArenaNet mentioned a while ago that Guild Wars 2 is a huge improvement over first Guild Wars. That's actually a great news and no more level 20 cap. I look forward to this more than Aion.
Well I wouldn't expect Anet to say it is going to be the same game lol. We will see... I hope it is good, but have my doubts after what happened with GW 1.
Old 08-21-09, 08:51 PM   #10
Atomizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Graphically it looked like an expansion to me. I mean, it looks a little better, but I guess I expected more after years of GW 1.

What in the trailer wasn't possible in GW? Outside of the other races that seem playable (which is a nice addition, so long as they do it right).

Hopefully it will be good... I played GW from launch and played it for a long time, but I have quit for the past year and a half or so because it just got too bland for my tastes. The PVP in the game is just broken as it is... really hope they fix that and the Z axis thing.
Well, honestly, there is so much more detail then what I saw in GW1, but, and this is the most important thing(for me anyway), I see an absence of "paths", in most of the scenes, it looks like theres no set path, or even varying between a few paths, it all looks wide open, go anywhere you want style, which also makes me hopeful for Z axis freedom(ie, they can jump).
Graphically aswell, especially the cities, ive not seen anything like it in GW1, or any MMO for that matter
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-09, 10:42 PM   #11
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

GW2 looked really good. There isn't a whole lot of content shown that we can ween facts off of, but from what was shown and what weve been told so far..

-Persistant open world, no more instances except maybe (hopefully) dungeons.
-Still no monthly subscription
-A very healthy team of artistic talent, showing some fantastic fantasy themed environments and monsters.
-A helluva lot of landmarks in the game
Old 08-22-09, 01:13 AM   #12
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

as long as they retain the very friendly co-op nature, the quick enjoyable combat (on repetition) then I'll be there.