Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 7

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-22-09, 09:06 PM   #13
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: And it starts, here comes Win7 hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
I've tried that. The order and behavior is just not like XP/Vista. To behave like old, quick launch icons would be collected in order to the left, then app instances would spread across. With Win7 they are mixed and move about. I ended up leaving the default behavior but am also frustrated with the amount of time spend locating newly opened windows etc.
Alt+tab doesn't work for you?

Alt + tab + mouse-wheel scroll == win.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 09:35 PM   #14
mojoman0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Alt+tab doesn't work for you?

Alt + tab + mouse-wheel scroll == win.
2 hands plus scrolling plus decript picture = hassle
1 hand slide and click on name = ease
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 10:56 PM   #15
hemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
I have several things I do not like as well.

The taskbar.. now most people will have 75 things running there instead of the 5-10 with xp and vista. At least you knew and had to hide them before. It wasn't broken and didn't need fixing.

No backward compatibility with the new homegroup? Really? Was it that hard to make it work with Vista or patch Vista to work with it? This is something that could still come however.

I also agree the default tab behavior seems stupid and its annoying that I have to change it to actually see whats there without relying on thumbnail peeks.

Lastly thanks for by default adding another click to get to my home folder. But library sounds cooler!
You can change the taskbar to be almost identical to XP and Vista.

Also, I still don't understand what you guys are talking about with the tab behavior???
Old 08-22-09, 11:38 PM   #16
mojoman0

the stacked windows dont let you know what you have open without hovering over them. These things might be handy on a tiny computer like a netbook but a lot of people have big widescreen monitors these days and have plenty of taskbar real estate.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-09, 12:12 AM   #17
betterdan

Just right click on the taskbar and select never combine for the taskbar buttons. Viola! Problem solved for the stacked windows.
Old 08-23-09, 12:22 AM   #18
K007

those whines on that site are not really any reason to hate w7.

Snow Leopard Is Almost Here
Apple’s next-generation Snow Leopard is arriving September — a month before Windows 7. Apple is promising its OS will deliver on many of the improvements Microsoft highlights in Windows 7 — 64-bit addressing, improved efficiency with task management on multiple processors, and others. It’s undetermined which OS is better, but from my own perspective as a long-time Mac user, I will say I already prefer the current Mac OS X Leopard to Windows 7. If you’re looking (or willing) to switch to a radically different OS, then OS X Snow Leopard is an option to consider before committing to Windows 7

and lol..he is a mac user of course he is gonna bag w7 big time. to mac users windows / ms is the devil that must be destroyed.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-09, 12:25 AM   #19
hemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterdan View Post
Just right click on the taskbar and selct never combine for the taskbar buttons. Viola! Problem solved for the stacked windows.
Yep, that is a stupid complaint. I use "Combine when full" so its the best of both worlds
Old 08-23-09, 12:50 AM   #20
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

the guy said at the end he prefers mac os x. That's fine in itself, it's his opinion after all. But that opinion makes the article completely worthless to me because I think Mac OS is complete rubbish.

Old 08-23-09, 01:12 AM   #21
Lfctony

Bring the friggin' quicklaunch back, officially. The method used now makes it disappear every couple of restarts. How hard is that?
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-09, 01:34 AM   #22
betterdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
Bring the friggin' quicklaunch back, officially. The method used now makes it disappear every couple of restarts. How hard is that?
Just add a new toolbar with the icons you want on it then hide the name.
Old 08-23-09, 01:36 AM   #23
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
But, he did have another article which spoke glowingly of Windows 7 as well sooooo... maybe he's just looking for hits.
This is the current world of online IT journalism. There are SO many sites and blogs and 'digg'ing it's very hard to standout. So you make up and post stuff just to get noticed.

I mean have you seen the outrageous stuff MikeC posts on the front page? ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-09, 03:07 AM   #24
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterdan View Post
Just add a new toolbar with the icons you want on it then hide the name.
That's what I did. But it disappears after 3-4 restarts. Unless you are referring to making my own toolbar with my own folder etc...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote