Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-26-09, 04:54 AM   #37
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Batman Arkham Asylum Official thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
There aren't "Joker levels" on the PS3 version. You just get to play through the challenges AS the Joker instead of Batman. He has his own moves and gadgets, so it isn't just a reskin.
Honestly... big whoop. I mean, playing through as the joker is neat, but it's not what I would call top of the line content by any means, and most people would likely play the story and quit.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 04:56 AM   #38
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Honestly... big whoop. I mean, playing through as the joker is neat, but it's not what I would call top of the line content by any means, and most people would likely play the story and quit.
You should meet some of my friends then. This is exactly the same thing with MMOs. Grinding and levelling up. Same with trying to get all the achievements or unlock everything in a normal game. What's the point? I don't see one but some people drool over things like this...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 04:57 AM   #39
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Indeed. But why not get more content when possible? Oh and I get to play the game earlier.

So papers don't go flying everywhere when I barely step on them. No problem.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 05:02 AM   #40
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Indeed. But why not get more content when possible? Oh and I get to play the game earlier.

So papers don't go flying everywhere when I barely step on them. No problem.
It's not just papers, it is higher res, AA, AF and all the other PC graphical goodies... I played the demo on PS3, it looked like ass. It's also the other general benefits of playing it on PC we all enjoy, like tweaking ini files and mods and all that... since there were costume mods for the demo, I would assume we will see some other stuff after release. Widescreengamingforum already has an FOV hack to move the camera back a bit as well.

All that stuff together is worth far more to me than playing the joker in challenge levels I will probably never play anyway.

You buy everything on PS3, so I guess you don't find all that stuff appealing, but I do, and most here on this PC forum probably will as well.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 06:12 AM   #41
weevil

The PC demo is amazing, really good motion-capture stuff, realistic characters, looking forward to this one

PS3 players fill us in on what the rest of it's like please, no spoilers!

Anyone get stuck in the terrain (need to restart) if you go to look at the guy in the chair when the nurse is doing something for him. No not that
weevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 09:09 AM   #42
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
It's not just papers, it is higher res, AA, AF and all the other PC graphical goodies... I played the demo on PS3, it looked like ass. It's also the other general benefits of playing it on PC we all enjoy, like tweaking ini files and mods and all that... since there were costume mods for the demo, I would assume we will see some other stuff after release. Widescreengamingforum already has an FOV hack to move the camera back a bit as well.

All that stuff together is worth far more to me than playing the joker in challenge levels I will probably never play anyway.

You buy everything on PS3, so I guess you don't find all that stuff appealing, but I do, and most here on this PC forum probably will as well.
There is no point man, they say ignorance is bliss, let them have at it with their low framerate, lack of AA & AF, PhysX, high resolution and inferior controls. You and I will be enjoying it the "way it's meant to be played" - they will already be done and onto the next lame console game.

Im still waiting for Red Faction Gurilla too - but I'd rather play it on the PC than my 360 any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 09:12 AM   #43
ViN86

Default Re: Official Batman Arkham Asylum Thread

You have your sticky...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 09:18 AM   #44
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
but yeah they're missing several cool looking PhysX effects like breaking tiles, clothes, smokes, papers flowing, etc.

Is that video kidding me? no smoke without physx? no breaking tiles without physx?

Thats hardcore nvidia marketing right there. Those features have been done without physx for YEARS now. What BS
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-09, 10:20 AM   #45
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by weevil View Post
The PC demo is amazing, really good motion-capture stuff, realistic characters, looking forward to this one

PS3 players fill us in on what the rest of it's like please, no spoilers!

Anyone get stuck in the terrain (need to restart) if you go to look at the guy in the chair when the nurse is doing something for him. No not that
Oh man, I just got to the point after the demo section where batman wakes up and it was all an effect of the Scarecrows gas. Escaping from the cell is awesome!
Old 08-26-09, 01:23 PM   #46
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Yeah... the Scarecrow stuff is great. The boss battles have been pretty fun so far, I think I might be pretty close to done. Also solving some of the Riddlers riddles can be fun, sometimes easy, sometimes somewhat difficult (unless you cheat and use the map lol).
Old 08-26-09, 01:28 PM   #47
malachi1313

Me 2

OOPS!! MEant to be a response to NEKROSOFTS post about not getting everything as soon as it comes out. Game sounds alot like what the last Splintercell should have been
malachi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 01:33 PM   #48
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by malachi1313 View Post
Me 2

OOPS!! MEant to be a response to NEKROSOFTS post about not getting everything as soon as it comes out. Game sounds alot like what the last Splintercell should have been
OMG... please do not remind me of that last Splintercell ever again.