Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-30-09, 06:27 AM   #13
Badboy_12345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,362
Default Re: WoW: Cataclysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
Honestly, the people who used to love WoW and feel Blizzard somehow ruined it, thats the natural evolution of MMOs, with every expansion/change, SOMEONE wont be satisfied, that someone turns into 2 someones, and so on.
It happend with EQ1, despite people still playing it, most people(at least that I know), feel EQ1 went downhill after Velious(the second expansion), and it will continue to happen with every single MMO, no matter how good the devs are.
Its like with every other game also.. they just become old.
I cant play a mmo more than 2 years and that is if its very very good.
It just becomes old after that and no expansion in the world can fix it.
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 04:49 AM   #14
Rakeesh
 
Rakeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sonoran Desert
Posts: 6,873
Default Re: WoW: Cataclysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
ive leveled 4 characters to 80, last one being horde,
I've never been able to work up the patience to level anything to 80 besides my main. Best I've done is a hunter to level 72, and my dk is level 77 but I don't really count it since it started at 55.

I've known a few people that not only have multiple alts but they have even taken the time to get them ulduar geared. I don't know how the hell you can do that without getting the feeling that you've wasted your time (since you've basically done the same thing more than once.)
Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 01:39 PM   #15
Phyre
Registered User
 
Phyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Central Louisiana
Posts: 323
Default Re: WoW: Cataclysm

Too busy with work to play this game as I would like. I would love to have a Worgen though. However, I like raiding too much to play this game again. Four hours a night is just too much, and consumable farming between downtime is just a horrendous devotion.
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 02:21 PM   #16
Rakeesh
 
Rakeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sonoran Desert
Posts: 6,873
Default Re: WoW: Cataclysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyre View Post
Too busy with work to play this game as I would like. I would love to have a Worgen though. However, I like raiding too much to play this game again. Four hours a night is just too much, and consumable farming between downtime is just a horrendous devotion.
You don't really need to farm consumables anymore. At least, not if your guild is reasonably advanced. There are a lot of bind on equip items and patterns that drop that my guild auctions off for gold, and this is used to pay for everybody's repairs as well as buy fish feasts, which takes care of the food buff for the entire raid. Scrolls are also no longer necessary for min/maxing either.

The only thing you really need to get for yourself are flasks, which are cheap now, and potions which can only be used once per encounter so you don't need many at all, and also they too are pretty cheap now.

Also if your guild is decent enough you don't need to raid that much either. My guild only raids about 10 hours a week and we're already on our third week of attempts on Algalon 25. Most guilds haven't even gotten that far yet. I think this is the kind of thing that blizzard is trying to encourage as well through different game mechanics. Namely you are only allowed 1 hour worth of attempts on Algalon per week, and in heroic coliseum you are only allowed 50 attempts for the entire instance.
Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 12:05 AM   #17
Son Goku
Registered User
 
Son Goku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: 439 East District, Mount Paozu
Posts: 1,714
Default Re: WoW: Cataclysm

Don't forget chants and gems. Now gems can be bought with all those now useless emblems of conquest (otherwise PvP gear can be bought with it), though on the chanting mats I can gaurentee as an enchanter I have NO INTEREST in providing free mats to the entire realm's population.

Too many peeps think "some random chanter in IF, get free enchant, their mats, and then complain about tips". Forget it; it's no skin off my back if a non-guildie and non-friend gets their chant or not. It really doesn't effect me either way. Want the chant, get your own danged mats, make an effort to come to me (OK, sometimes hearth CDs can make it difficult, but one shouldn't have to be the travelling salesman all the time); and a tip would be a sign of courtiousy.

Too many peeps want welfare, same goes for the guy who expects a 60, 70, now 80 to boost their lvl 20 through hours of normal (non-group) quest farming, because they don't want to take the time to kill wolves or read their own quest log.

On that note, former guild I was in, someone got absolute grief through PMs for their selling a motorcycle for > 11,000 g. Thing is, the vendored parts cost more then that, and that isn't even including all the ore and what not which went into mining the non-vendored parts for that. We were laughing about the idea of being required (in one guy's book) to sell the thing below vendor cost of parts
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 12:32 AM   #18
Son Goku
Registered User
 
Son Goku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: 439 East District, Mount Paozu
Posts: 1,714
Default Re: WoW: Cataclysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
I've never been able to work up the patience to level anything to 80 besides my main. Best I've done is a hunter to level 72, and my dk is level 77 but I don't really count it since it started at 55.

I've known a few people that not only have multiple alts but they have even taken the time to get them ulduar geared. I don't know how the hell you can do that without getting the feeling that you've wasted your time (since you've basically done the same thing more than once.)
I have more leveled chars then some would believe. ATM I have 3 80s, a Nelf hunter, a Nelf DK, and an Orc hunter (different realm). Then I've got a 74 draenie shammy. Besides that, I have a druid, warrior, rogue 70 (minus the DK all were 70 last expansion, and 3 were at some lvl of raiding, changed mains a bit last expansion).

To be quite frank, I'm not sure if I'll get the next expansion or not. If someone were to ask me today, I might say no; a year from now, dunno. The whole time I've played in game, the truth is it was the friends, or rather certain friends who had made things fun. It sure the hell isn't all the murloc movie nights, anal trade chat (more like people linking their skills to the word anal in trade), or the prolithera of bad PuGs which can go something like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJUTf...layer_embedded

with all the screaming, and arguing going back and forth, as everyone seems intent on blaming each other for what amounts to mutual problems in the group; but each of them wants to act like it's all everyone else, and they have no part to play. Just last night, I was outside argent tournament, and 2 peeps were at it in general with one mentioning that person 2 didn't get out of a fire on Jaraxus, and person 2 along with others were like "dude, you only did 2k dps, probably shouldn't be calling people out", but then it turned into a cat fight.

Then not all that long ago (this past weekend), was on a PuG nax25 run, much of it was horrible; and what's more my friend saw it. Nua was like, "umph, I see death" as one of the healers had blues, and he linked one of em to me. We were on thadius, people couldn't sort polarities, and wipe. But what do people do? Instead of learning from it, they start arguing about how it's all someone else. My friend left, went to a BG, and someone had the nerve to gloat on how they were going to spam him till he came back. I wasn't impressed, and tbh kinda annoyed. He didn't deserve that; and tbh, after he left, the damage meters showed me and one other guy (who joined after he left) pretty much the top 2 dps, with the 3rd spot significantly below.

My friend said pretty much the same "of course Instead of realizing they themselves aren't that great, and getting better, they'd rather point fingers and argue about who is bad".

There's one conclusion I've come to, and it's that the thing which made things fun (not it isn't exactly the quests per se either), is the time spent with good friends. In the past, I saw Gilthanas go, and at that time, the fun times were gone; many of the headaches which I was getting an intruduction to (in his absense) remained, and grew. Just last night; another friend, Nuadormrac has decided to move on. And ya know what? Having to say good bye to another friend, perhaps to never hear from him again I just don't know if I want to put up with all the grief from in many cases many a pubescent kid who's deal is to make things less enjoyable for the people around them.

So I might pass the next expansion, I dunno. But it was the friends, more then anything that made things worth playing. And it was people such as Gilthanas or Nuadormrac, who left me wanting to come back, in part because they were fun to be around, and their company was enjoyable. Without that...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 10:42 AM   #19
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy
 
Ninjaman09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jowjah
Posts: 6,687
Default Re: WoW: Cataclysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku View Post
I have more leveled chars then some would believe. ATM I have 3 80s, a Nelf hunter, a Nelf DK, and an Orc hunter (different realm). Then I've got a 74 draenie shammy. Besides that, I have a druid, warrior, rogue 70 (minus the DK all were 70 last expansion, and 3 were at some lvl of raiding, changed mains a bit last expansion).

To be quite frank, I'm not sure if I'll get the next expansion or not. If someone were to ask me today, I might say no; a year from now, dunno. The whole time I've played in game, the truth is it was the friends, or rather certain friends who had made things fun. It sure the hell isn't all the murloc movie nights, anal trade chat (more like people linking their skills to the word anal in trade), or the prolithera of bad PuGs which can go something like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJUTf...layer_embedded

with all the screaming, and arguing going back and forth, as everyone seems intent on blaming each other for what amounts to mutual problems in the group; but each of them wants to act like it's all everyone else, and they have no part to play. Just last night, I was outside argent tournament, and 2 peeps were at it in general with one mentioning that person 2 didn't get out of a fire on Jaraxus, and person 2 along with others were like "dude, you only did 2k dps, probably shouldn't be calling people out", but then it turned into a cat fight.

Then not all that long ago (this past weekend), was on a PuG nax25 run, much of it was horrible; and what's more my friend saw it. Nua was like, "umph, I see death" as one of the healers had blues, and he linked one of em to me. We were on thadius, people couldn't sort polarities, and wipe. But what do people do? Instead of learning from it, they start arguing about how it's all someone else. My friend left, went to a BG, and someone had the nerve to gloat on how they were going to spam him till he came back. I wasn't impressed, and tbh kinda annoyed. He didn't deserve that; and tbh, after he left, the damage meters showed me and one other guy (who joined after he left) pretty much the top 2 dps, with the 3rd spot significantly below.

My friend said pretty much the same "of course Instead of realizing they themselves aren't that great, and getting better, they'd rather point fingers and argue about who is bad".

There's one conclusion I've come to, and it's that the thing which made things fun (not it isn't exactly the quests per se either), is the time spent with good friends. In the past, I saw Gilthanas go, and at that time, the fun times were gone; many of the headaches which I was getting an intruduction to (in his absense) remained, and grew. Just last night; another friend, Nuadormrac has decided to move on. And ya know what? Having to say good bye to another friend, perhaps to never hear from him again I just don't know if I want to put up with all the grief from in many cases many a pubescent kid who's deal is to make things less enjoyable for the people around them.

So I might pass the next expansion, I dunno. But it was the friends, more then anything that made things worth playing. And it was people such as Gilthanas or Nuadormrac, who left me wanting to come back, in part because they were fun to be around, and their company was enjoyable. Without that...
LOLWUT
__________________
Core i7 920 @ 3.2 | ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
6GB Mushkin DDR3-1600 RAM
eVGA GTX 570 SC | Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 09:59 PM   #20
Rakeesh
 
Rakeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sonoran Desert
Posts: 6,873
Default Re: WoW: Cataclysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku View Post
Don't forget chants and gems. Now gems can be bought with all those now useless emblems of conquest (otherwise PvP gear can be bought with it), though on the chanting mats I can gaurentee as an enchanter I have NO INTEREST in providing free mats to the entire realm's population.
But how often do you need to do that? And how hard is it?
Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-09, 11:41 AM   #21
Son Goku
Registered User
 
Son Goku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: 439 East District, Mount Paozu
Posts: 1,714
Default Re: WoW: Cataclysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
But how often do you need to do that? And how hard is it?
There's quite a number of people who expect a chanter or what not to hunt them down and provide free chants without supplying mats, and at times QQ in trade that anyone would ever appreciate a tip, for something. Never mind the cost or effort that can at times go into learning certain recipees. Perfect example of this would be mongoose, where the thing was a random drop off Moroes. Even when it became the new heroic, one would get the PuG issues (many a PuG could utterly fail on curator, to say nothing of Nightbane), and then if it dropped, one would have to roll against peeps, etc. Not exactly a 5 g to vendor....

It's more a matter of being inconsiderate, same goes for the person who can demand constant attention at a resturant, but would be indignant at the thought of tiping their waitress (ask anyone who works in the food service industry). Many are just that way.

But thing is, one really never needs to do it, nor is having a trade skill a requirement to use it. So there's the point, people can provide their mats, and have a little common courtiousy, or they can find themselves another chanter Exceptions being guildies, and of course friends (though all said, in all guild heroics or whatever, I tend to put all the shards (peeps OK of course) in the guild bank, leaving the rolls for PuGs anyhow... Same went back in the day when Lantanis (Nelf rogue) used to get people in IF, who no matter what he was doing, whether he was busy with anything or not, or even when he was AFK), would just run up behind him, spam trade window, and without a word start chucking lock boxes at him, while demanding "you open it now", no please, no courtiousy, no asking him if he'd mind doing it; sometimes closing his mail when he was writting an in game message to someone, sometimes closing the AH window when he was doing auctions, whatever.

He hated that. And on more then a few occassions when it happened a lot, he'd say in /1 "OK, if you're not going to bother to communicate first, or ask if I mind opening a lock box, then bugger off. Is a little courtiousy too much to ask?"

One time when I was leveling my rogue in Ashenvalle, I was fighting a mob, someone came up behind and went to spam trade window. Well I knew well enough by then to block trades, and so "has requested trade, you have refused" flooded my screen like a dozen times or more, in a very small space of time. Then the person said, and I quote:

Quote:
I've got lock boxes.
immediately followed by

Quote:
Open them NOW, b*tch!!!
Some complete random, couldn't bother to ask nicely, wait until I was done fighting the mob. That was enough, I just vanished, and let them have the agro, after they got done "asking" in that way

I don't know, some people are just that way. The other week, we had a complete fail PuG of Nax25. It was wipe, wipe, wipe on Thadius (wasn't the first problem we had), Nuadormrac saw problems when he noted a healer in blues, and PST me saying "I see death". Well after some time with wipe fest (was more of a fun run for us, we were raiding ToC 25 seriously, well and for us being newer in guild Uld 25 as well), he'd had it (and tbh I was getting enough) and decided to go off to a BG. I think I shoulda followed his lead, because we were in there another 5 hours beyond, with his replacement and me doing practically all the damage in the group (and competitive on % done for each boss by recount), and number 3 being way, way, way far behind, as the thing continued failing for another 5 hours... In fact, the wipe fest was done like 1/2 hour before guild's raid invites for the night

But here's the thing, one of the people was like "oh I can't summon nuadormrac, I know, I'm going to spam him and demand he comes back until he does", as he's priding himself in his ubber spamming abilities. In fact my friend just left quitely, he didn't make a fuss or do anything (except for being a much more aware raider then most of those peeps, and doing around 5.5-6k dps on bosses), to have warranted the spams of death. I'm there like "umm, I don't blame him for having left after all this, don't be an a**" The person went on a spam fest, while patting himself on the back for how much of a spammer he could be in raid chat, and how he enjoys spamming people. Totally again, rather rude and obnoxious. I warned my friend it was comming, and he was like "eh, that's OK I already reported him for spamming when it started comming. Why blizzard gives us the report spam feature"

Some people, just have no manners, whatsoever.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.