Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-04-03, 09:19 PM   #1
Pepse

Default Installing the latest drvr.

I feel kinda dumb to post this but my brain died when trying to remember what I did 6 months ago when I installed the 4191 drivers. I know it is easier to install these drivers but I forgot how to and what to change my inittab to? The readme isn't helpful and my MDK Linux 9.1 book doesn't seem to help either. I mean the last time I did this I was able to go to this forum and type in the search for what I needed to know and did it. Now I can't remember what to do. I have an nVidia GeForce 2 MX 400 PCI card.

Help me remember, please.

Pepse.
Pepse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-03, 09:38 PM   #2
Moled
cheese

if you are going to do it that way, you are looking for the number 3
Moled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-03, 10:54 AM   #3
Pepse

Well, it went to hell. I'm on my spare Linux hdd because I can not change back from init3 to init5. When trying to save the change it just states that it cannot save file/dismiss. Of course I am in su-root-/etc-mc-inittab. I was able to at least load the software, but when tried to go to X11/XF86Config-4 it won't let me. The one problem I am sure of is that when I am in the shell I think I am in the wrong part. The part says "me@localhost" and the " $ " instead of the " # ". But I can't remember all that stuff from 6 months ago. Even tho I've been taking notes since I started Linux that is one area where I apparently didn't write down enough info; mainly when I did the driver update then I had absolutly no problems and that was rather odd for me. Of course 6 months and an updated OS later, I appear to be screwed worse than 10 months ago when I feared "X".

Later. Pepse.
Pepse is offline   Reply With Quote