Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-16-09, 09:54 AM   #25
|MaguS|

Default Re: Official Red Faction Guerilla thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK47 View Post
Saints Row 2 actually runs very good. I haven't had any framerate related issues with it. Perhaps that's because I bought the game when a patch was already released and had a Core i7 / GTX 280 SLI system to play it with.
I wouldn't say it runs really good but I can play the game on my rig at max settings with 8xAA/16xAF and the frame rate doesn't seem to fluctuate but it just doesn't seem right. It feels sluggish yet smooth (does that make sense?)
Old 09-16-09, 10:32 AM   #26
JohnDio

Quote:
There is a way to get SLI working as explained in this GURU3D post. Haven't tried it yet, but will try it when I get home.
I'll wait for a proper SLI profile, as nHancer isn't compatible with ForceWare 190.xx (and the beta that is compatible, has major problems with the profiles and you can't change the Global settings)
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 11:55 AM   #27
AdamK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
I'll wait for a proper SLI profile, as nHancer isn't compatible with ForceWare 190.xx (and the beta that is compatible, has major problems with the profiles and you can't change the Global settings)
Doesn't work with 190.xx hmmm... I haven't used it recently, but I thought the nHancer beta worked with them. Anywho, is there a way to add the profile outlined in the Guru3D post through the registry? Anyone with knowledge on this? I suppose I could find a DX10 title in there and copy the registry settings over from that to the rfg.exe executable.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 11:58 AM   #28
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Doesn't work with 190.xx hmmm... I haven't used it recently, but I thought the nHancer beta worked with them. Anywho, is there a way to add the profile outlined in the Guru3D post through the registry? Anyone with knowledge on this? I suppose I could find a DX10 title in there and copy the registry settings over from that to the rfg.exe executable.
yeah nHancer beta 2 works fine with 190.xx
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 12:14 PM   #29
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I wouldn't say it runs really good but I can play the game on my rig at max settings with 8xAA/16xAF and the frame rate doesn't seem to fluctuate but it just doesn't seem right. It feels sluggish yet smooth (does that make sense?)
well cause its a port meant to run at 30 fps. Why would you develop a game with a max fps of 30 in mind? So stupid. the human eye CAN see more than 30 FPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 04:36 PM   #30
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

still can't get audio sorted out
Old 09-16-09, 04:42 PM   #31
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
well cause its a port meant to run at 30 fps. Why would you develop a game with a max fps of 30 in mind? So stupid. the human eye CAN see more than 30 FPS.
I dout its because of the 30fps limit since I never have any issue playing games at 30fps... remember I play on consoles also...
Old 09-16-09, 04:43 PM   #32
JohnDio

Yeah i forgot to mention that i have audio issues too. So i'll wait for a fix for both these issues (SLI and audio).

PS: nHancer 2.5.3 beta works with 190.xx but you can't change/edit the global settings. They will reset to their default values no matter what

Old 09-16-09, 04:44 PM   #33
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
Yeah i forgot to mention that i have audio issues too. So i'll wait for a fix for both these issues (SLI and audio).

PS: nHancer 2.5.3 beta works with 190.xx but you can't change/edit the global settings. They will reset to their default values no matter what
so change the global under the NvCP and edit only the profiles with nHancer... thats what I do.
Old 09-16-09, 05:45 PM   #34
JohnDio

That's what i did but there was something wrong going on. For instance, i enabled the SLI bar in the profile of Guerrilla and when i started the game, there wasn't any bar. The same happened and with Darkest Of Days so if a value of the profile is not working, who knows what else is not. So as i said, i'll simply wait for a proper fix for the SLI in Guerrilla
Old 09-16-09, 06:00 PM   #35
AdamK47

SLI is working now. I had already added rfg.exe though the nVidia control panel and nHancer picked up the profile as soon as I launched it. Just checked SLI and SLI DX10 and enabled options 22 and 25. All was good to go.

Spankedelically spanktacular.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 06:24 PM   #36
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
still can't get audio sorted out
What is your sound card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote