Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-18-09, 04:36 PM   #121
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Official Need For Speed Shift thread

Amazing video... I just downloaded the demo!
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 04:42 PM   #122
KrAzYeTy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilk View Post
Edit: Freakin Awesome video KrAzYeTy! That racing style is exactly what I was trying to describe. I really love how when you get going fast, the g-force sinks you into the seat more. Conincidently, the first video is in Japanese (where the Drift Kings are) and makes be believe this is exactly what they were trying to achieve in the game.
Thanks a ton man! By the time I was done that lap I was sweating like KrAzY
KrAzYeTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 04:52 PM   #123
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Yes sir, that was definitely a fun game. How about Hot Pursuit 3
part 2 was better IMO
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 05:22 PM   #124
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Tried the demo... wow, amazing visuals!

Too bad the gameplay is not my style. I mean, racing felt good, but lapping a track is just not enjoyable for me.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 05:45 PM   #125
HiCZoK4

Yeah. Me too. I think I like Dirt style more. More open tracks. This game seems to be alike Grid
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 05:47 PM   #126
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Played the demo for about 2 hours. Once you figure out the braking zones and how the AI cars react to being smashed out of the way, the game is pretty easy
For some ****ing reason, I cant unlock the Pagani. I won enough races for the 10 stars, but it stays locked. I also never got a screen to setup my profile or anything like that. I am still Player1 in the driver list when the race starts.
Not sure yet if I will buy it, but it was pretty good free gaming experience
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 06:13 PM   #127
Roliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
rolia, there is def more going on here. Grid never seemed like it was pushing the envelope of my pc. Shift has some pretty super detailed cars and fairly impressive (atleast..enough to give my video card a work out) so I am not surprised I lose frames on some scenes.

I do notice however..mainly on replays, NPC cars do have a habit of jerking around, as if there was a slight lag in multiplay. Its a movement in their motion that dosn't look natural. I overlook it for now.
Yeah I think its a driver issue for me at the moment.
Old 09-18-09, 06:41 PM   #128
shilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Too bad the gameplay is not my style. I mean, racing felt good, but lapping a track is just not enjoyable for me.
That's what I was thinking, but in the developer interview from E3 (and from the official YouTube channel), they say you actually get rewarded by playing how you want to and not necessarily having to conform to their style — which is cool, imo. I can see how the lapping might get boring though. I have this $240,000+ car and I want to take it on the Autobahn, not Laguna Seca.

I just caused probably one of the the biggest crashes in the history of this course, and the effects were just... wow. The sounds in the game are awesome. From hitting the alligator teeth to the grunting from collisions, it's all there. Visuals and sounds in this game are geat.

I don't like my racing games too serious or too arcadey, so I think this one might fit the bill. I'll keep an eye on it. If they release the multiplayer patch for it, then I may consider it even more.
shilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-09, 07:11 PM   #129
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Tried the demo... wow, amazing visuals!

Visuals are nice but not Crysis nice.

Right there with ya on the game itself, just another racer, just another Grid. Change all the tracks to a Test Drive Unlimited open world and I'd be all over this game.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 07:46 PM   #130
Quick420

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
There is an option for damage to effect driving, although you can't damage the car enough to become undriveable.

Some more moments of zen, as much as I want to play in cawkpit mode, I just performed so much better in 3rd person (which is odd...I usualy hate the 3rd person mode...car becomes to floaty). I think because I am now using an analog controller, and ive got an indicator of if I am going to fast for turns, I now have enough info to turn better now, and of course I can see farther down the road. Maybe when I get to know the tracks like the back of my hand, I can enjoy more cawkpit driving. I just opened up tier 4 and find that I need to retry a race once or twice to get the hang of it enough to win.

btw I suggest turning the sensitivity of your analog controls down to %6-%10. You will need the slight touches of the controls to maintain your car (jamming down the pedal in a turn is guarenteed to cause time loss and control loss now, you need to baby it).

Oh yea...DONT PLAY THE FIRST CAR BATTLE! Oh my god this is a painful track. If the pc dosn't get an irrecoverable lead on you in the first 30 seconds...he will get it on the last 5 seconds in which you do a 180 turn on a skate ramp with a huge bump that only the pc knows how to travel over at speed. Its a kick in the nuts when every other battle track in the tier is 1/3rd of the length and no tricks.

PC still cheats somewhat.. if you spend too much time treading stone/sand its over. Yet I will see the pc with 2 wheels off the road and lose very little or no speed. On the canyon map there was usualy one car that ended up in the edge of the road turning up a dust cloud for several yards and never lost position, something that you will find just dosn't happen. The stone and gravel here is pretty brutal.

And I swear the tunnel walls are magnetic!
Jeffmd Ive read your post's at the codies dirt forum for years.Are you actually calling a game hard? Imma gonna get it whilst I pick up Batman.Dirt2 should have been out weeks ago but codies saw this game coming I guess.MOMO FTW
2x2gb Ddr2 1066mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
3xWD WD5000AAKS 500gb/sata300/ 1xSeagate 320gb Ide(tuuunz)
X-fi Fatality Pro*ASUS VH242H 24"LCD*:::Windoze 7-64bit:::
Sony DvD/Ram-Drive
Logitech G25
3dmark06 17,898 Vantage 12,851

If the light is GREEN the trap is clean
Quick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 11:09 PM   #131
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

I cant for the life of me get under 1:30 on london. I keep getting 1:31 and 1:32 wth the GTR. The viper is hopeless.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 12:15 AM   #132
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Quick... well its more like..for some reason the difficulty of those race/modes is higher then the rest of the game. Thankfully they can be passed up for the most part.

Saddly I cant seem to pick drifting up. I was pretty good in the underground 1/2 games, but can't seem to do a good job of it here in the realistic racing world.