Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-18-09, 03:53 AM   #97
Vardant

Default Re: AION: The tower of eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay View Post
http://na.aiononline.com/en/news/aio...-programs.html

I looked it up. its kinda pre selected head start thing. Doesnt look gaurenteed at all. I'm not gonna spend a little bit extra money preordering in some vain hope I'll get to play two days early. Kind of a bad promotion if you ask me. They should just launch ahead of schedule of they think its ready.
If you preorder it is guaranteed. Pre-select that should be today lets you create two characters, so you can take your names. Head-start will let you play two days early if you buy NA version and probably five days for EU, which is kinda stupid if you ask me. Five days is just too much. You can easily hit lvl 30 by the time others get to play. Although 400k ppl already pre-ordered, so it might not be such a big deal in the end.

Btw. you get other bonus items for pre-ordering:
  • Black Cloud Hat (gives boosts to HP, MP, magical resistance, and evasion)
  • Lodas' Amulet (gives a +20% experience boost)
  • Ancient Ring of Wind
The list is even bigger for collectors edition.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 09:40 AM   #98
nomec

I'll be rolling on Vaizel as an Elyos. My toons name will be Nomec. Hit me up if you wind up there.
nomec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 04:29 PM   #99
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
If you preorder it is guaranteed. Pre-select that should be today lets you create two characters, so you can take your names. Head-start will let you play two days early if you buy NA version and probably five days for EU, which is kinda stupid if you ask me. Five days is just too much. You can easily hit lvl 30 by the time others get to play. Although 400k ppl already pre-ordered, so it might not be such a big deal in the end.

Btw. you get other bonus items for pre-ordering:
  • Black Cloud Hat (gives boosts to HP, MP, magical resistance, and evasion)
  • Lodas' Amulet (gives a +20% experience boost)
  • Ancient Ring of Wind
The list is even bigger for collectors edition.
What is the NA version? Collectors Edition? I am likely gonna preorder it tonight.

Chris
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 04:47 PM   #100
Vardant

NA = North American.

btw. this may be usefull to some http://kindred.aion.tv/status
Old 09-18-09, 05:03 PM   #101
Drolfrawd

Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Is there anyone else looking forward to this game?...i think it has a lot of potential and apparently the Korean open beta has proven to be really popular....

http://eu.aiononline.com/en/
Um.........NO
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 05:18 PM   #102
war_child

Might be a stupid question but if you go in and select any character (default) and reserver the name. Can you delete the character later, do all your body and face customization and reselect the same name?

Only risk would be that someone would select your name from the time you deleted the character from the time you recreated it?

Thanks in advanced
ASUS HD5870 1GB X2 CF
HP LP2465 24" Widescreen LCD
2x1.0TB WD Black Raid 0 (Games)
1x640GB WD Black (OS)
X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty
ToughPower 750W
Thermaltake Armor Case
war_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 06:06 PM   #103
Vardant

If you want to do that, just because you don't have the time to customize your character now and you want to do it later, then the answer is yes, you can do that. Although I don't think deleting the old char would be really necessary, because there is "plastic surgery" in the main city, which lets you enter the customization screen.
Old 09-18-09, 06:45 PM   #104
ChrisRay

Quote:
If you want to do that, just because you don't have the time to customize your character now and you want to do it later, then the answer is yes, you can do that. Although I don't think deleting the old char would be really necessary, because there is "plastic surgery" in the main city, which lets you enter the customization screen.
Oh now you've done it... preordered.. time to create my hot Valkyrie angel of seductive mercy...

I mean uh.. Wooh hoo!
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members

Old 09-18-09, 07:33 PM   #105
war_child

Quote:
Thanks a bunch, wonder how much the plastic surgery is?
ASUS HD5870 1GB X2 CF
HP LP2465 24" Widescreen LCD
2x1.0TB WD Black Raid 0 (Games)
1x640GB WD Black (OS)
X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty
ToughPower 750W
Thermaltake Armor Case
war_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 03:25 AM   #106
Vardant

I'm not sure what the cost is, but I've googled a little bit and found this:
Quote:
Take the stopwatch on your cellphone. Press Delete on your character.

Write Confirm Delete, press OK. When you get asked "Do you really want to..?" Press Yes, and at the same time, start the stopwatch.

Go make your new character, when the stopwatch hits 5 minutes, create your character with the same name again. Infallible, done it three times already.
Old 09-19-09, 07:58 AM   #107
Buio

Quote:
Originally Posted by war_child View Post
Thanks a bunch, wonder how much the plastic surgery is?
In Korea it is a payed service, like WoW name change f.e. It will probably be the same here. It was not usable in the beta afaik.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 02:52 PM   #108
ChrisRay

This may be the first "Asian" Style MMORPG that gets me hooked. I really hope it doesnt turn out like Lineage 2.

I got it downloaded/payed for. And I am happy to give this a go. The charactor selection screen did not dissapoint. It follows EQ 2 trend and lets for some very unique appearance. It's actually interesting how much time I spent perfecting both charactors.

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator