Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-16-09, 06:27 PM   #37
Phyre

Default Re: Official Red Faction Guerilla thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
still can't get audio sorted out
From reading some of forums at Steam (and at the Red Faction Guerrilla site if I'm remembering correctly), the only way people have gotten this to go away is to set the speakers to stereo in Control Panel.

I haven't tried this, but I'm going to wait and see if they fix the 5.1 stuff. I don't really want to play the game in stereo. It just doesn't seem right.
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 06:30 PM   #38
hokeyplyr48
hooah

Send a message via AIM to hokeyplyr48

This game is the most consolized piece of... i've played in a long time. The mouse controls couldn't be anymore terrible. And it looks like crap
CPU:Q6600 @ 3.5 w/ Ultra 120 extreme|| RAM: 4x2GB G. Skill || Motherboard: ABIT IP35 Pro || VideoCard: eVGA 260GTX & 7200GS for triple monitoring || Sound Card: Creative X-FI xtremegamer || Hard Drive: 2 x 150GB Raptor in RAID 0 (OS and Program Files) | 1 x 150GB Raptor (User Drive) | 1 x WD 2TB HD SATA II | 1 x 1TB Seagate | 1 x WD 500 GB HD SATA II | 1 x Seagate 400 GB HD SATA II | 1 x WD 160 GB HD IDE (slow, only for storage) || Monitor: Dell 30" 3007WFP LCD, Acer 22" widescreen, & Gateway 17" || Case: Antec 900 || PSU: 1 KW athenatech or force or something PSU || Keyboard: Logitech G15 || Mouse: Logitech MX 518 || OS: Windows 7 Build 7201 x64

Secondary Rig: FX-60, 7900GTX, 2 x 1BG OCZ Platinum, A8N32-SLI Deluxe, Antec 180, XP x32
hokeyplyr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 06:52 PM   #39
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokeyplyr48 View Post
This game is the most consolized piece of... i've played in a long time. The mouse controls couldn't be anymore terrible. And it looks like crap
How are the controls terrible? Every option is mapped and the M&K work perfectly with no lag. Only issue I find with the game right now is that the tutorials interrupt the game, a character will be talking or story element will unfold and a tutorial will pause them and start up, it's pretty annoying.

I will agree that the game isn't a looker but who cares, its pretty fun and still looks better then alot of BS released (The series was never top of the line graphics).

BTW anyone find it funny how bad the physics are done in this game? I was able to take out all the support legs of a walkway but one and it stayed up untill I took out the last one.
Old 09-16-09, 07:54 PM   #40
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokeyplyr48 View Post
i think you are consolized
Old 09-16-09, 07:55 PM   #41
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyre View Post
From reading some of forums at Steam (and at the Red Faction Guerrilla site if I'm remembering correctly), the only way people have gotten this to go away is to set the speakers to stereo in Control Panel.

I haven't tried this, but I'm going to wait and see if they fix the 5.1 stuff. I don't really want to play the game in stereo. It just doesn't seem right.
that sucks, guess will have to wait
Old 09-16-09, 09:59 PM   #42
Retrolock

Am I the only one here who doesn't own, Red Faction Guerilla? Come to think of it, I still haven't bought, Batman, NFS Shift and Resi Evil 5. Damn!
Old 09-17-09, 11:48 AM   #43
Retrolock

Gave in and bought RFG!
Old 09-17-09, 04:18 PM   #44
HiCZoK4

looks like cucumber season is over
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-09, 04:21 PM   #45
breathemetal
*BANNED*

Send a message via AIM to breathemetal

Killer game so far
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-09, 02:26 AM   #46
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

This game has one of the weirdest two bugs I have ever experienced.

1) It runs at 150% speed on my comp. This is a known issue and is all over the official forum. It is playable, and at first I just thought they sped the game up for mouse aim PC users, but no... glitch. They are working on a fix.

2) It runs better in a window... WHA? Haha... I was on the forum and saw an FAQ thread and to the complaint "RFG runs slow when buildings collapse" there was a tip to "try running in a window". I tried it, and I swear my FPS skyrockets 20+ frames in a window... not even joking. I went from 30-35 average to 40-50 average, and no significant drops when destroying things. If I can get that performance windowed, it should be amazing fullscreen when they fix the issue.

So, needless to say, I am waiting on a patch. Weird.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-09, 02:59 AM   #47
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

P.S. Forcing 16xAF does a LOT for this game.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-09, 09:12 AM   #48
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
This game has one of the weirdest two bugs I have ever experienced.

1) It runs at 150% speed on my comp. This is a known issue and is all over the official forum. It is playable, and at first I just thought they sped the game up for mouse aim PC users, but no... glitch. They are working on a fix.

2) It runs better in a window... WHA? Haha... I was on the forum and saw an FAQ thread and to the complaint "RFG runs slow when buildings collapse" there was a tip to "try running in a window". I tried it, and I swear my FPS skyrockets 20+ frames in a window... not even joking. I went from 30-35 average to 40-50 average, and no significant drops when destroying things. If I can get that performance windowed, it should be amazing fullscreen when they fix the issue.

So, needless to say, I am waiting on a patch. Weird.

I only have that issue when I got stuck on a mission and used a trainer for a bit. It was super fast with the trainer running. Otherwise, Win7 x64 here with 190.62 and 191.00 and it runs normal speed.

There are drops when a whole building comes down. I've tried Windowed mode and I still get the drops at times. Its like its still calulating the physics from all the stuff even after its collapsed. Like in the physx demos where its calulating physx on the objects even before you interact with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote