Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-02-03, 02:35 AM   #49
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Let us commence with the eating of souls.
*MUNCH* bye bye gabe... feeling very soul reaver this morning
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-03, 03:19 AM   #50
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Let us commence with the eating of souls.
If we eat their souls then HL2 will never be finished. We'll just have to wait until after it's released.

...but then what happens if the game is buggy and needs to be patched
Old 10-02-03, 05:59 AM   #51
druga runda
Zeus Gromovnik

of all the reasons, you wait 5 years and than they s%@*! us with false promises, I guess this was not intended, but an apology was due for sure
druga runda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-03, 07:46 AM   #52
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

i disagree, i'd rather have a late game that lives up to my expectations or better than an on time one which is buggy as hell

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
Old 10-02-03, 12:09 PM   #53
Kandoko

Send a message via Yahoo to Kandoko

http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/delaymovie/

Ahh delays
Old 10-02-03, 03:35 PM   #54
NAZCA M12
Master Thief

Quote:
Originally posted by sytaylor
i disagree, i'd rather have a late game that lives up to my expectations or better than an on time one which is buggy as hell
I'm of the same opinion, as is the vast majority of gamers but isn't it a bit hilarious to be talking about bugs and Half Life? When i think of patches, i always think of Half Life. Watch this:

1.104 patch: 51 Mb
1.107 patch: 66 Mb
1.109 patch: 77 Mb

It's obvious that Valve took great pains over improving the game with lots of patches (reminds me of Sin actually) but it also shows that their game was not exactly bug-free when it came out. I don't expect the sequel to be perfect either with or without that delay.
NAZCA M12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-03, 05:20 PM   #55
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
If we eat their souls then HL2 will never be finished. We'll just have to wait until after it's released.

...but then what happens if the game is buggy and needs to be patched
i disagree, i do bet that HL2 is done, im sure the dealy is over some minuet dumb thing.
Old 10-02-03, 05:34 PM   #56
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by NAZCA M12
I'm of the same opinion, as is the vast majority of gamers but isn't it a bit hilarious to be talking about bugs and Half Life? When i think of patches, i always think of Half Life. Watch this:

1.104 patch: 51 Mb
1.107 patch: 66 Mb
1.109 patch: 77 Mb

It's obvious that Valve took great pains over improving the game with lots of patches (reminds me of Sin actually) but it also shows that their game was not exactly bug-free when it came out. I don't expect the sequel to be perfect either with or without that delay.
It's because they make you download all those extra damn mods: Team Fortress Classic, Deathmatch Classic, and some other stuff. What a stupid idea. Whenever HL patches came out the internet died too.

Old 10-06-03, 03:50 PM   #57
Miester_V
Apprentice's Master

Send a message via AIM to Miester_V

Quote:
Originally posted by Kandoko
http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/delaymovie/

Ahh delays
That was funny. Especially the Linkin Park reference at the end for the ending credits. "It's not fair, mommy!".
PSU: Mortec 300w
Memory: Crucial 2100 512MB DDR
VGA: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Retail
Hard Drive: Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm
DVD ROM: Pioneer 16X
CD-RW: Plextor 16/10/40
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy
Speakers: Boston Acoustics 7800 4.1

------------------------------------------------
It is my DUTY to not purchase any Microsoft products.
Miester_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-03, 04:37 AM   #58
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
Originally posted by Miester_V
That was funny. Especially the Linkin Park reference at the end for the ending credits. "It's not fair, mommy!".
the conspircy guy was a little too believable with some of the freaks around here

You have been warned.
My Blog