Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-03, 11:29 AM   #25
bloodbob

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
if planet hl posts this

yes... it will be the wrong thing to do... discussion of something v/s discussion of where to get something are two different things... even with your psuedo disclaimer...
Well the first line is to show that their is a different file size to the hoaxes going around I thought showing screen shots as proof would be far worse.

The second is a lie because there was only once source at the time and anyway it was more of a statement saying don't ask me go look for yourself.

Can you honestly tell me that by say to get it from any good wares spot or whatever I said help ANYONE at all get any closer to find the download of course it didn't its like say yeah its on the internet OMG WOW helpful.

Third is obivous. And as a matter of fact it has been several hours since I've informed valve of the release and the instructions to get to the point of origin.

You ask gabe if the person who pointed out a reasonable important security problem in their steam servers ( it could have with a bit of luck given someone everyones password depending on how much the system has been changed since beta times ) if he also pointed out where the download of the beta came from.
Old 10-07-03, 11:32 AM   #26
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bloodbob
Well the first line is to show that their is a different file size to the hoaxes going around I thought showing screen shots as proof would be far worse.

The second is a lie because there was only once source at the time and anyway it was more of a statement saying don't ask me go look for yourself.

Third is obivous. And as a matter of fact it has been several hours since I've informed valve of the release and the instructions to get to the point of origin.

You ask gabe if the person who pointed out a reasonable important security problem in their steam servers ( it could have with a bit of luck given someone everyones password depending on how much the system has been changed since beta times ) if he also pointed out where the download of the beta came from.
fair enough...
Old 10-07-03, 12:15 PM   #27
mrsabidji
I am the cheese...

Send a message via ICQ to mrsabidji

edit #2: wrong thread, sorry guys

mrsabidji

Last edited by mrsabidji; 10-07-03 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-07-03, 01:10 PM   #28
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally posted by bloodbob

Moderators you can feel free to delete this topic if you have the guts to post a stick message saying that you wrong and that bloodbob was right once the details become better known to the public.
How about a ban too?

Suppose I best give a reason, encouraging piracy is a no no. Flaming is also a no no, and mod baiting is likely to get you lynched.
Old 10-07-03, 05:51 PM   #29
StealthHawk

No hints on how/where to find it. Thanks.

Closed Thread