Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-01-09, 06:25 AM   #1045
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Just played Crash Course through with a friend... it's definately just a remix of old maps, but it was fun. For a simple add-on I found it quite good, I wouldn't expect tons of new assets and such from a free DLC.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 06:39 AM   #1046
Rummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazZarD View Post
Is anyone having sound issues with this crash course ? i hear some weird miltary alarm that goes and all my sound and voices gets almost muted.. when its over things go back to normal.. i never had this issue before.. i dont understand is this bug or supposedto hear a alarm ?
A friend and I had the same problem last night with the sound, don't know why.
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 07:49 AM   #1047
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Just played Crash Course through with a friend... it's definately just a remix of old maps, but it was fun. For a simple add-on I found it quite good, I wouldn't expect tons of new assets and such from a free DLC.
Yeah we don't want l4d getting all the new stuff for free like their other titles.

Btw burnout paradise which is an ea title has recieved more free big updates then any valve game. Think it's time for people to stop haring ea when the times clearly seem to be changing.
Old 10-01-09, 08:02 AM   #1048
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Yeah we don't want l4d getting all the new stuff for free like their other titles.

Btw burnout paradise which is an ea title has recieved more free big updates then any valve game. Think it's time for people to stop haring ea when the times clearly seem to be changing.
The only free updates Paradise got were bikes and party mode, that I remember. Bikes were cool, party mode was useless.

In any event, I'm not saying the content was amazing, I am saying it was decent and free and nothing to complain about. I don't play TF2 and am not sure how it compares, but I know I don't care, as that is a different game.

Personally adding Survivor mode was enough for me... love that mode, play it all the time, and it was more free content already than most games get. As my friend and I were playing last night, he said "this map is ok, but I really just like survivor now" and I agreed with him, for the most part.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 01:06 PM   #1049
LT.Schaffer
Praise The Lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rum Cooler View Post
A friend and I had the same problem last night with the sound, don't know why.
are you running any custom campaigns?

if so disable them and try again.

also a patch came out last night that should fix the problem[meaning you can leave the addon campaigns alone ]

Intel Q9650|Asus P5Q Pro Turbo|GTX 480|CM 690 II Advanced|Corsair Dominator 4GB|LG LE3500 32"|X-FI|Intel 80GB SSD|Win 7 64Bit
Nvidia Driver:310.70 WHQL

Dedicated LAN Coop Server
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500|Asus P5B Deluxe|BFG GTX 285|Antec 900|Kingston HyperX 2GB|Viewsonic VX2255WMB 22"|Win 7 32Bit

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I Proudly Support Our Troops

Current Game:Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
LT.Schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 02:30 PM   #1050
Rummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT.Schaffer View Post

also a patch came out last night that should fix the problem[meaning you can leave the addon campaigns alone ]
Yeah, actually I have quite a few add-ons and I saw the update. Will try it again , thanks.
Old 10-01-09, 02:32 PM   #1051
|MaguS|

Quote:

I don't see how any custom campaigns would affect Crash Course at all since all custom campaigns are in their own package... so nothing is loaded from them unless you load that campaign.
Old 10-01-09, 03:24 PM   #1052
LT.Schaffer
Praise The Lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I don't see how any custom campaigns would affect Crash Course at all since all custom campaigns are in their own package... so nothing is loaded from them unless you load that campaign.
well some people have reported that having custom campaigns enabled has caused those sounds to transfer over into crash course.

One guy said the music from the silent hill campaign was heard during Crash course.

Intel Q9650|Asus P5Q Pro Turbo|GTX 480|CM 690 II Advanced|Corsair Dominator 4GB|LG LE3500 32"|X-FI|Intel 80GB SSD|Win 7 64Bit
Nvidia Driver:310.70 WHQL

Dedicated LAN Coop Server
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500|Asus P5B Deluxe|BFG GTX 285|Antec 900|Kingston HyperX 2GB|Viewsonic VX2255WMB 22"|Win 7 32Bit

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I Proudly Support Our Troops

Current Game:Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
LT.Schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-09, 03:27 PM   #1053
|MaguS|

Quote:
well some people have reported that having custom campaigns enabled has caused those sounds to transfer over into crash course.

One guy said the music from the silent hill campaign was heard during Crash course.
Unless he is using a bsp version it shouldn't be possible. Theres no way to enable or disable custom campaigns... You would have to remove them from the games dir totally for the game not to detect them.
Old 10-01-09, 04:26 PM   #1054
grey_1

Quote:

It's actually a problem for quite a few folks.

http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=865

See the comments section. This is why I haven't installed it.

EDIT: Looks like a fix was posted. Missed it...

Quote:
This is based on the first Silent Hill game for the Playstation. Do not download this if you do not like; Puzzle solving,getting lost or exploring the maps.
First time playing, type this in the console "snd_rebuildaudiocache", takes 2-5 min
Old 10-01-09, 04:28 PM   #1055
|MaguS|

hmm, I didn't have any issue with it and I have it installed. I have over 10 custom maps installed.
Old 10-01-09, 04:30 PM   #1056
Rummy

So I tried CC again today and the same result with the sound.