Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-02-09, 12:27 AM   #133
Yaboze

Default Re: AION: The tower of eternity

I have a level 18 Glad and I have run out of quests! Well, not really, I have a bunch of group quests in Black Claw area (Asmodian). You can't solo there, tough mofo's there.

Not sure how I am going to get 1.5 levels out of 4-5 group quests.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 01:34 AM   #134
Vardant

These group quest are almost always done on elite mobs, that have maybe 4x or more HP and give loads of XP. It's easy to get a whole level there. I don't know if you've checked Pandemonium, there should be some quest for you too.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 08:54 AM   #135
nomec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
I have a level 18 Glad and I have run out of quests! Well, not really, I have a bunch of group quests in Black Claw area (Asmodian). You can't solo there, tough mofo's there.

Not sure how I am going to get 1.5 levels out of 4-5 group quests.
Oh yes you will. You will almost certainly not finish all of the quests in one run, but each run you will get maybe 40% of a level just from killing the mobs, assuming everyone in your group is around your level. Then take a look at some of the quests, mainly the campaign quests, and you'll notice you get a TON of xp just from completing them. I think one nets you like 140k experience or something. I think I was 50% to level 21 by the time I was done with all those.
nomec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 07:13 PM   #136
killahsin

I am level 29 and not run out of quests yet..
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-09, 01:46 AM   #137
Badboy_12345

People that run out of the quests just run through the game...
You know what? EXPLORE! There are tons and tons and tons of quests everywhere.
My journal if FULL of quests.

If you cant find them go and look in www.aionarmory.com
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 10:12 AM   #138
killahsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Tried the game out, got to level 11. No lag, server queues only in the first few hours. The game looks good and plays well, not quite accustomed to the strange setting and artwork yet but it really is very polished (for the most part). Lack of character customization (gameplay-wise) is a big downside to me, but the combat feels solid so far and most of the quests aren't too bad. Unfortunately the combat controls feel very clunky as is often the case in MMORPGs, but it is not as bad as a game like Conan for example and is still quite playable. My biggest complaints are how incredibly confusing the game is at the moment, and the lack of variety in questing zones (not artwork-wise, but how there is only one questing zone path).

This game has more character customization then any triple a mmo to date. they just patched in sli. Be careful it currently seems that the game has the 2 gig barrier crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
v3rninater, it isn't going to happen in an online multiplayer game. If you just make stuff to easy to do, with minimal people to do it with, everyone will have everything and no one will keep playing.

Also there is a reason for guilds.. and they are Bads. Bads are the bane of pugging and casual play. The only fix to Bads is by making the game so easy, you win just by showing up.

Wow has done a pretty amazing job over the last 5 years to make a superb leveling experience.. and I would be shocked..SHOCKED it aion had anything like it. Aion will start out with tough edges just like every other MMO, but NCsoft has a ton of experience with MMOs now.

My only issue is..you get your wings at level 10, isn't this going to cheapen alot of the experience? While flying is great in wow, I still feel experiencing the land on foot, then by land mounts, THEN flying is what made it so memorable.
It doesnt cheapen the experiance because every 10 levels they throw somthing new into the mix to do with flying.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
Old 10-09-09, 10:24 AM   #139
Odral
True Gamer

Tried it got a SM to level 18 and just could not take it anymore, felt like I had done all the quests in the area and ran out other then the group quests which I did not really look into (don't feel the need to be forced to group for advancing) and grinding just bored me within 1 day. I dunno something about the game just does not grasp me and I have played just about evry other MMO out there. Game has been parked for over a week now and not sure when I will be going back if at all.
Odral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 10:27 AM   #140
killahsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odral View Post
Tried it got a SM to level 18 and just could not take it anymore, felt like I had done all the quests in the area and ran out other then the group quests which I did not really look into (don't feel the need to be forced to group for advancing) and grinding just bored me within 1 day. I dunno something about the game just does not grasp me and I have played just about evry other MMO out there. Game has been parked for over a week now and not sure when I will be going back if at all.

ah you will have to group in this game, its sort of about grouping especially at the end game. It's like wow on release. If you don't do the group missions your going to barrier out and have to grind a quarter of a level here and there. Unless your a craft nut and harvest nut while you quest.

But if you blitz and stack quests and play it like wow now you will run out of quests. But fear not a quest xp upgrade is on the way. shame you didnt make it to 25 so you could see the abyss.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual

Old 10-09-09, 11:13 AM   #141
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odral View Post
playing a mmo without grouping? whats the point? especially in a pvp mmo
I would get bored with any mmo without playing with other people.
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 11:53 AM   #142
Vardant

I don't get this either. Forced to group? What's the point of playing solo to 50? What would you do afterwards? Roll another char?

I'm lvl 29 now, only got to do NTC twice, first time sadly with no drop, but got staff for PvE for my cleric the second time through. As a first instance I think it's too easy, but if your templar is new to the game and ppl in the group don't know hot use marks or CC it's a good place to learn. Also did Fire Temple when I was only 28 and that was awesome. Challenging, fun and good exp. Of course we were a couple levels early so it might get easier later, but it was the best PvE moment so far.

I was worried, when I read ppl were running out of quests later in the game, but so far, I had no problem. I actually had to abandon some repeatable quests, because I couldn't take more at lvl 28.

The only thing that I have problem with is rifting. I don't know if it's only Asmo problem, but the Morheim rift that opens up the most leads to a place guarded by a high lvl NPC that needs to be killed. I know ppl that are way over 30 and they still haven't finished the Spy quests because of that.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-09, 02:22 AM   #143
Sgt_Pitt

Yep i'm liking it, have a lvl 35 ranger atm, game is fun.
Old 10-12-09, 09:51 AM   #144
hirantha
SUC SUDO

I'm currently lvl 34 and i still have a overwhelming amount of quests to do. when i finish one i get another they add up, found out that i cant get anymore quests cuz 30 quest is the max.. this game is so much fun in a group.. it sure test my ability as a healer .. and do fire Temple if you are Elyos nice drops. I've been lucky with the drops.. i think this game likes healers.. my luck will run out sooner or later

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote