Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-21-08, 01:22 PM   #973
Bman212121

Default Re: Official World of Warcraft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Schme View Post
theres no shame over the internet
QFT.

Not in this game, but another MMO I play. There is an instance that I can run with a couple of people and beat, but they usually take a couple of other lower level characters along to help speed up the process. This gives the lower levels a lot of experience per run. The person who pays for the run gets the treasure at the end. The lowbies are getting free xp but every once in a while you'll get one that will steal the treasure from a bunch of much higher level characters, and they intentionally do it like no one is going to notice.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-08, 06:18 PM   #974
jolle

Apparantly Envenom is currently bugged, all Ranks are the same (atleast Rank2 and 3).
Sortof a let down as I just got Rank 3 on my Rogue.

Glad to se alot of improvements for Rogues since I played last, ages ago.
Mutilate seems alot better in PVE and Solo situations now.
Vanish and Blind no longer use reagents, poisons are bought, instead of made from a myriad of reagents. Mutilate doesnt require you to be behind the target, some nice new talents.
Old 04-07-09, 01:25 AM   #975
Redeemed

GAHHH!!!!

I normally only play this game with a buddy of mine. He and I make a killer team. He's got a level 52 gnome mage, and I have a level 50 human pally. We just burn through like crazy!

Anyhow, he's been playing this game for the past 4 years or so, so he's just good at this game (has a level 80 Shaman as well as other characters). I just started, so I'm n00b.

Anyhow, I tried questing solo tonight, and keep getting pwnd! This is pissing me off! I'm half tempted to ask a buddy of ours to run body guard for me so I can complete my quests! Don't know if she'd do it for me though... she don't know me very well and I've yet to do anything for her (she's level 80, I'm 50... what can I do for her? ).

Anyhow, just wanted to vent. I play on Spirestone, I'm alliance, and my character name is Hildalgo. Anybody want to join up with me... please do! I'm getting to the point to where I don't even want to play this game unless it's with somebody else. I hate playing a game where all you do is die repeatedly without accomplishing much, if anything at all.

Anybody else feel the same way? Or is it just me.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 08:02 AM   #976
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Anyhow, I tried questing solo tonight, and keep getting pwnd! This is pissing me off! I'm half tempted to ask a buddy of ours to run body guard for me so I can complete my quests! Don't know if she'd do it for me though... she don't know me very well and I've yet to do anything for her (she's level 80, I'm 50... what can I do for her? ).

Anyhow, just wanted to vent. I play on Spirestone, I'm alliance, and my character name is Hildalgo. Anybody want to join up with me... please do! I'm getting to the point to where I don't even want to play this game unless it's with somebody else. I hate playing a game where all you do is die repeatedly without accomplishing much, if anything at all.

Anybody else feel the same way? Or is it just me.
You're playing a Paladin and having trouble soloing? One of the best solo questing classes in the game (well, post-50 anyway)? You should be taking on several mobs at a time without breaking a sweat. My guess is your gear and spec are a mess. By level 50 you should understand the class mechanics enough to get through questing, so I won't go into detail about that. Spec Ret and focus on Strength. Ignore anything with Intellect on it for now as it won't do you any good. If you find some hit rating or crit rating, go for it. Until you get to Hellfire Peninsula though, you aren't going to see much "rating" gear. Here's the spec you should be using:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZZVf0toIucMsLz

Damage rotation should be Judge, Crusader Strike, auto-attack till CS and Judge are off cooldown, rinse repeat. Keep speccing into Ret until you have Divine Storm and all of the deep-tree DPS talents. Make your tree look like this basically:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxZVfbtbIucrsguAo

At 80 spec however you want. But spec Ret for leveling. Prot can level alright too but it's a real ***** until later on. If you want to be a unique snowflake you can go Holy around 70 and it won't be too bad (that's what I did on mine). Have fun, hope that helps!

edit: I armory'd you. Forgot you mentioned your guy's name in there! Anyway, your gear is decent enough for the most part, I'd replace the chest but it seems like you have an idea what to look for already. Your spec is decent for the most part, could use some fine-tuning but it's overall on the right track. Don't really know why you're having issues man.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 11:46 AM   #977
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
You're playing a Paladin and having trouble soloing? One of the best solo questing classes in the game (well, post-50 anyway)? You should be taking on several mobs at a time without breaking a sweat. My guess is your gear and spec are a mess. By level 50 you should understand the class mechanics enough to get through questing, so I won't go into detail about that. Spec Ret and focus on Strength. Ignore anything with Intellect on it for now as it won't do you any good. If you find some hit rating or crit rating, go for it. Until you get to Hellfire Peninsula though, you aren't going to see much "rating" gear. Here's the spec you should be using:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZZVf0toIucMsLz

Damage rotation should be Judge, Crusader Strike, auto-attack till CS and Judge are off cooldown, rinse repeat. Keep speccing into Ret until you have Divine Storm and all of the deep-tree DPS talents. Make your tree look like this basically:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxZVfbtbIucrsguAo

At 80 spec however you want. But spec Ret for leveling. Prot can level alright too but it's a real ***** until later on. If you want to be a unique snowflake you can go Holy around 70 and it won't be too bad (that's what I did on mine). Have fun, hope that helps!

edit: I armory'd you. Forgot you mentioned your guy's name in there! Anyway, your gear is decent enough for the most part, I'd replace the chest but it seems like you have an idea what to look for already. Your spec is decent for the most part, could use some fine-tuning but it's overall on the right track. Don't really know why you're having issues man.

Thanks buddy! I'm uber-nub is what the problem is. Anytime I play I'm playing with my buddy, and pretty much just follow him around. When taking on several level 55s for example, I can do it, but I just have to spam flash of light (or what ever it's called to heal me) and my AoE.

The main thing that is aggrevating is not knowing the world. I'm reading a quest, and don't have a clue as to where to go to complete it. That's what I get for just following my buddy around I guess.

Anyhow, thanks for the links and tips. Do you play on that server?
Old 04-07-09, 05:24 PM   #978
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Quote:
The main thing that is aggrevating is not knowing the world. I'm reading a quest, and don't have a clue as to where to go to complete it. That's what I get for just following my buddy around I guess.

You're on the wrong server 'Deemed. I play on Windrunner.

Get the handy little mod called "Questhelper"
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 05:33 PM   #979
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Thanks buddy! I'm uber-nub is what the problem is. Anytime I play I'm playing with my buddy, and pretty much just follow him around. When taking on several level 55s for example, I can do it, but I just have to spam flash of light (or what ever it's called to heal me) and my AoE.
Haha yeah wait till you get Divine Storm, it'll make it a lot more fun to take on groups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
You're right, TBH I played for so long I know everything off the top of my head by now. I forget that not everyone does sometimes.
Quote:
No, my characters were on Arygos (great Horde PvE server) before I deleted them all in order to stop playing WoW. Sadly, my time with this game is over. To be honest though I'm jealous of you, I wish I could go back to before the time I'd sunk thousands of hours into the game because it really is an incredibly fun experience when you haven't done it before. Good luck and have fun man.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 04-07-09, 06:18 PM   #980
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Haha yeah wait till you get Divine Storm, it'll make it a lot more fun to take on groups.

You're right, TBH I played for so long I know everything off the top of my head by now. I forget that not everyone does sometimes.

No, my characters were on Arygos (great Horde PvE server) before I deleted them all in order to stop playing WoW. Sadly, my time with this game is over. To be honest though I'm jealous of you, I wish I could go back to before the time I'd sunk thousands of hours into the game because it really is an incredibly fun experience when you haven't done it before. Good luck and have fun man.
Thanks bro! And I'll look into QuestHelper. Another buddy of mine suggested it to me, I've yet to really look into it though.

Old 04-07-09, 09:04 PM   #981
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

I've never used QuestHelper, but my friends have and they say it's incredibly helpful. One set of addons I've used that I loved were Lightheaded and TomTom. You can find them here: http://wowinterface.com/downloads/in...ghtHeaded.html. You can also get an addon called TourGuide which uses TomTom's waypoint features to literally guide you through questing, though the guides are player-made. There are some good ones here: http://www.wow-pro.com/leveling_guid...ourguide_style

Either way you're getting close to Hellfire Peninsula, and it gets a LOT easier to quest once you're there.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 04-07-09, 09:57 PM   #982
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Took me a total of 10 hours played to get from 50 to 68. Then I went to Northrend, hit 70 in about 2 hours, then started the grind to 80 lol. After I finish moving house, I'm going to do it again with both my warriors and my rogue.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 01:18 PM   #983
Son Goku

Quote:

Grab a mod with coords, and visit

http://www.wowhead.com

or

http://www.thottbot.com

and search the quests. Most posts will include the x,y coordinates you want for this or that. Then just go to that location.

There are a few areas where a paly can have a bit of a harder time, though they are rather survivable. In TBC days, the dailies for nethwing was one area where certain palies needed me to come on my hunter, or someone else with range pull ability; but this was due more to class specific limitations. One of the dailies was to blast dragon riders out of the air (and they just never really came in close enough to be meleed without pulling first); and the other was a quest near either the scryer or aldor camp, dealing again with flying mobs. Most melee classes have something for range (war or rogue a bow or gun for instnace, or thrown weap slot; a feral druid or enh shamy can spell caste, etc). Palies can release a judgement, but the range is rather limited.

The other touchy situation I ran into back when I played a paly (which was back in 2006); was humanoid encamptents where one just couldn't get close enough to get in melee agro range, without one's agro radius pulling the whole camp. Having some ability to grab mobs at range, even if one is ultimately melee; just seemed more natural to me, then trying to bubel and heal through a camp of 20+ mobs, etc; which otherwise could be single target kited away from the group.

Oh, and watch for the bad PuGs After a night which included a haphazzard loss in WG, because the ali have trouble understanding PvP; I went over to my horde realm; and got something just as painful with a Gruul's wipe, which I was to find out afterwards had been wiping on high king maulgore 2 hours before I even came. I was on a hunter, so asked who was mis-directing to who? No answer. Also was wondering who would range tank the shamy add (well 2, due to the sheep), and no answer. Instead they had the mobs all lumped up together, the mage add just fire blasted everyone, the 2 locks did nothing on the fel hunters who just mobed all the DPS; and the top healer became disgusted and left. This was after someone pulled Mulgore before the healers were in the instance yet Tried to explain things such as needing to nuke the healer first, and it all fell on deaf ears

After that, and the number of 80s who could wipe on ZG (as they don't quite understand the reason behind nuking the 2 priests and the tiger boss together); I just have to link something on PuG raids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJUTf...layer_embedded

Yeah, it took quite a few AQ40 PuGs to get the achievement... I've seen 80s chain wipe on it while thinking anything classic can't have any challenges in it where strat should matter.

Oh and then there's the classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Comhx...layer_embedded
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 04:09 PM   #984
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku View Post
Grab a mod with coords, and visit

http://www.wowhead.com

or

http://www.thottbot.com

and search the quests. Most posts will include the x,y coordinates you want for this or that. Then just go to that location.

There are a few areas where a paly can have a bit of a harder time, though they are rather survivable. In TBC days, the dailies for nethwing was one area where certain palies needed me to come on my hunter, or someone else with range pull ability; but this was due more to class specific limitations. One of the dailies was to blast dragon riders out of the air (and they just never really came in close enough to be meleed without pulling first); and the other was a quest near either the scryer or aldor camp, dealing again with flying mobs. Most melee classes have something for range (war or rogue a bow or gun for instnace, or thrown weap slot; a feral druid or enh shamy can spell caste, etc). Palies can release a judgement, but the range is rather limited.

The other touchy situation I ran into back when I played a paly (which was back in 2006); was humanoid encamptents where one just couldn't get close enough to get in melee agro range, without one's agro radius pulling the whole camp. Having some ability to grab mobs at range, even if one is ultimately melee; just seemed more natural to me, then trying to bubel and heal through a camp of 20+ mobs, etc; which otherwise could be single target kited away from the group.

Oh, and watch for the bad PuGs After a night which included a haphazzard loss in WG, because the ali have trouble understanding PvP; I went over to my horde realm; and got something just as painful with a Gruul's wipe, which I was to find out afterwards had been wiping on high king maulgore 2 hours before I even came. I was on a hunter, so asked who was mis-directing to who? No answer. Also was wondering who would range tank the shamy add (well 2, due to the sheep), and no answer. Instead they had the mobs all lumped up together, the mage add just fire blasted everyone, the 2 locks did nothing on the fel hunters who just mobed all the DPS; and the top healer became disgusted and left. This was after someone pulled Mulgore before the healers were in the instance yet Tried to explain things such as needing to nuke the healer first, and it all fell on deaf ears

After that, and the number of 80s who could wipe on ZG (as they don't quite understand the reason behind nuking the 2 priests and the tiger boss together); I just have to link something on PuG raids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJUTf...layer_embedded

Yeah, it took quite a few AQ40 PuGs to get the achievement... I've seen 80s chain wipe on it while thinking anything classic can't have any challenges in it where strat should matter.

Oh and then there's the classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Comhx...layer_embedded
There's hand of reckoning and exorcism now,both have a 30 yard range.Hand of reckoning will pull mobs and it will also damage mobs that's not yet attacking you.Exorcism always crits vs undead and demons and also works in PVP ,hand of reckoning doesn't work vs players.