Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 7

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-05-09, 11:42 AM   #1
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Default W7 video drivers for Dell Latitude D830's

I am not sure if this belongs here or in the video drivers section, but I will start it here.

Most of the computers here at the office are D830's running Vista paired with Quadro NVS 140M (or some other NV chip) and have some "unique" behaviors when paired with a second monitor or a docking station.

-When locking computer and coming back after windows turns off the screen you have a 50% chance to be able to see anything on your screen (sometimes you get just the password box when you start typing)

-2nd screen changes position (appears on the other side of main screen, sometimes on top and to the right) and is stuck at 800 x 600

-both screens get reset to 800 x 600 and any attempt to set them back to native res sets them back to 800 x 600

-color depth gets set to 8bit color and sometimes for bonus sets res to 600 X 480.

Now a restart fixes everything so you can reset the monitors to their correct res and position, but that is not really a valid solution for every time you undock or unlock your computer.

With the release of W7 coming, there is a chance that some of our woes will go away, but no way of knowing. Thoughts on W7 alone correcting the issue or do we have to get creative and try and mod newer drivers to work with the dell hardware?

(running vista 32 sp2 with nv 179.24)
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote