Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-30-09, 08:31 PM   #13
Albo

Default Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma PS3 Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us View Post
Definitely picking this up. Controls feel a tad less responsive compared to NGS1 but still a very fun game to play and learn.
learn to be a ninja FTW
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 01:05 AM   #14
LurkerLito

Well I played the full game way to long today and it is good, but it feels a whole lot easier than the 360 version. They did a few things that really were unnecessary, like they gave you infinite arrows where on the 360 you had a limit of 30 arrows, some of the sword moves you'd usually have to wait till the sword was upgraded to level 2 or 3 are available at level 1. I also HATE what they did for the upgrading of weapons, instead of spending the orbs you collect to upgrade weapons anytime, they just let you upgrade one weapon for free when the shop with the blue light is visited. They also don't let you focus your upgrades to which weapon you want. It seems until all your weapons are at the same level you can't upgrade past that point and it really sucks for me cause I mainly use 3 weapons so I usually max those out first.

The graphics are a little better than the 360 version but there are some effects missing that looked nice on the 360. And of course I have to mention it one more time, the blood is missing, well technically it is not missing, they change it to blue which is just stupid cause it's a M rated game, they even kept the same Game Over screen, that on the 360 looks like it was drawn in blood, but changed the color from red to blue. Seriously I really want to know why they did that cause it just makes no sense. If they removed the particle effect blood that pooled on the floor on the 360 version because of hardware limitations, I can understand it, but to just change the color makes no sense. It like the Sega Genesis version of Mortal Kombat vs the SNES version, same game but one has green blood, one has red.

I played about 6 chapters and got to play Momiji and I spent the most time on that section (get your mind out of the gutter ) probably due to it being really unfamiliar with the moves and timing I just kept dying. It really is nice to have other playable characters in the game, but IMO it just doesn't fit right into the single player campaign unlike in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1. It really feels like someone forced it in there. I'd rather they had separated her section to her own campaign in the menu than forcing me to play it during the main campaign.

The install of this game was nice, it played a prologue to the game as it installed. I think it was a nice touch. But for some reason, maybe memory limitations of the PS3, going in and out of the menus during the game, and changing weapons, causes a pause and a loading message in the lower right corner to come up. A bit annoying since that was really smooth on the 360 especially after you installed the whole game to the HD.

Overall though it is a good game and I am pretty sure I am keeping it even with the flaws.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 07:56 AM   #15
|MaguS|

On a technical level the game is significantly better. To say otherwise is stupid. Not only did they increase the model quality, texture res and animation but they did this at a higher res and far better frame rate. He'll just the improvements to the stupid camera make the game better.
Old 10-01-09, 07:53 PM   #16
Camp0rz
*BANNED*

The weapon upgrade system sucks, purple mist is whatever, and the loading screens are ridiculous.

I've only just made it to New York, but like.. wtf the loading is horrible. Some definite slow down, doesn't affect play but it's noticeable. And I read that the incendiary shurikens are gone, the armadillos are going to be a bitch without those.
Camp0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 08:24 PM   #17
|MaguS|

Install the game and the loading is better the the x360 version.
Old 10-02-09, 07:21 AM   #18
Camp0rz
*BANNED*

Where is the option to install?
Old 10-02-09, 08:55 AM   #19
LurkerLito

There is no option to install any extra data. It is installed automatically (3GB or so) when you first start it. The game is just slow to load naturally. The loading is not better than the 360 version.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 10:11 AM   #20
Camp0rz
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
There is no option to install any extra data. It is installed automatically (3GB or so) when you first start it. The game is just slow to load naturally. The loading is not better than the 360 version.
That's what I thought. And yeah, the 360 version was a lot faster once you had it fully installed.

Stfu, Magus.

Old 10-02-09, 10:14 AM   #21
Retrolock

^
Old 10-02-09, 10:52 AM   #22
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp0rz View Post
That's what I thought. And yeah, the 360 version was a lot faster once you had it fully installed.

Stfu, Magus.
Yeah the X360 is faster when the entire game is installed but the default setup is faster on the PS3, Every review states the fact.
Old 10-08-09, 11:40 AM   #23
Ryeyoo

Camera still sucks though.
Ryeyoo is offline   Reply With Quote