Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-19-09, 11:58 PM   #1
jasong

Default Quadro FX1700M missing from readme Appendix A?

I've been reading over the 190.40 appendix A in the readme (ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Li...ppendix-a.html) I'm unable to find mention of the Quadro FX1700M (the non M model is listed, I can't find the 1700M's pci id (065A) in the file either.)

However 190.40 installs on my laptop which has a 1700M and appears to be working correctly.

The same seems to be true for 185.18.36 's readme even though http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_d...185.18.36.html mentions the 1700M under Supported Products.

I'm assuming that this is a typo and the 1700M is supposed to be in the appendix A list?
Any chance somebody from nvidia could fix the notes up? (Would be handy for me since I operate a custom script that installs the nvidia drivers at my workplace that uses information from the appendix for dependency checking to ensure drivers aren't installed on machines with cards that they don't support by mistake.)

(Incidentally while I'm on the topic, there isn't a more accurate method of getting the pciids that a driver supports than reading the appendix is there?)

Thanks
-J
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 04:40 PM   #2
Stephen Warren

Default Re: Quadro FX1700M missing from readme Appendix A?

Thanks for the report. Should be fixed in an upcoming driver release.
Stephen Warren is offline   Reply With Quote