Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-20-09, 09:41 PM   #25
snowmanwithahat
Snowy

Default Re: Ex-WoW Players Come In

/played of 140 hours on my main... many various alts, one at 80...

5,000 + hours logged on xfire

clean now though... feels good man
8gb (4x2gb) OCZ Gold DDR2-800 (5-4-4-12)
MSI+ASUS GTX 470 SLI
Dell u3011 IPS Display
HP 22" Auxiliary Monitor
256gb Western Digital Silicon Edge Blue SSD
5x2tb RAID-5 Array
750W PC P&C PSU
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit & Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit

---Gaming Laptop---
ASUS G53JW
Core i7 740QM
16gb DDR3
Nvidia GTX 460m
1tb WD HDD
120gb Corsair SSD

Join the NvNews Folding @ Home Team
snowmanwithahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 11:02 PM   #26
nrdstrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
I never got into WoW like I did EQ1, in fact I never did get into any MMORPG like I did EQ1,

I played WoW for maybe a month and got bored. I think the community sucks, and it is the MMORPG that started all this casual gaming genre to make it easy so for that I hate WoW
Same here...WOW is currently my only activated account, but I don't play that much. EQ1 was pure magic for me. Since then, I have tried to recapture it unsuccessfully...

EQ (first)
WoW
Star Wars Galaxies
Age of Conan
Lineage 2
EQ 2
LOTR:O
Planetside
Vanguard
Saga of Ryzom
D&D Online
(note, some of these I only did beta....Long enough to ensure that the game sucked and I could move on)...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-09, 12:14 PM   #27
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
Youve never played EQ1 have you? WoW has 2 factions, a human cant go into a night elf city and start killing night elves, in EQ1 you can kill ANY NPC, ANY. You could also drop stuff on the ground such as coins or any item, one trick quite often used was to drop a plat on the ground at a city entrance, then use a level 1(or 4? I forget) spell called "Minor Illusion"(for Enchanters only), it will change you into a nearby object, so then you just pick up your coin and watch as people try to pick you up as they run by.

Back on the topic of killing any NPC, you also gain and lose faction for just about everything you kill, and same goes for pretty much every quest, which allowed anyone to become aligned with whatever city they wanted, no fixed factions, no "cant kill your own faction npcs" crap, no restrictions on just about anything.
THAT is what I am talking about when I say freedom.
I played EQ1 in beta and for 3 years. Some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Exactly what you are saying is why the experience of it surpasses any WoW experience. IMO as an outsider looking in on WoW, everything is been there done that. I'm not really too impressed with WoW. Never have been. They made a game that appealed to the general population, but not to gamers. EQ appealed to gamers and thats it. Obviously "hardcore" gamers (like i use to be) absolutely loved EQ. I'll never say anything bad about the game. It was well made. The GM's in EQ would NEVER allow the rubbish that happens in WoW. Especially if you were on a RolePlaying server, the GM's were extremely strict there.

WoW is and always has been, a game for idiot kids and lonely adults. Thats it.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-09, 05:28 PM   #28
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post

Thats a pretty broad statement there,partly true perhaps but thats taking it a bit far imo.

11 million idiot kids and lonely adults ? Hmm no...
Old 10-21-09, 05:54 PM   #29
Atomizer

sammy_sung: You dont believe there is that many in this world? :P

Regardless, I dont think WoW is a bad game, imo its alot like SS2 vs Bioshock, Bioshock was a good game, but missed alot of the features compared to SS2, yet was more popular.

Honestly, nothing has met EQ1s standards, and may never, even EQ1 itself has changed for the worse and started adding restrictions in each expansion and in some patches, an example was dropping coin, you used to be able to, they patched it out because people complained about losing coin, and in one of the patches they introduced unkillable NPCs, which was one of the beauties of EQ1 before that, any player could attack and kill anything, even the Sleeper that was designed to be unkillable, was killed, yet they decided to follow suit and start adding unkillable npcs etc.
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-09, 12:00 AM   #30
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
sammy_sung: You dont believe there is that many in this world? :P
No since that would mean that about 70% of this board is part of that group,i play wow myself but i'm niether a stupid kid or a lonely adult.Sure,there's a lot of stupid kids who play wow but there's just as high of a percentage playing online shooters like CS,UT etc.I played Unreal Tournament for 10 years and that community was as ****ty as the wow community,one difference however and that's the fact that so many wow players feel a need to defend blizzard and the game itself.I'm on the verge of quitting as there's tons of issues that are left unfixed,that the gamesecurity gets worse etc etc.

The game grows on my harddrive like some tumor (18GB and counting) and there's just far too many tehcnical issues with serverlag,people that have problems running the game.It's 5 years old and it still runs like crap,freaking crysis runs smoother than wow does in dalaran.But the kids that Tygerwoody mentioned still thinks everything is ok,that people that get hacked asked for it,that blizzard is their god that can do no wrong and that everything is the endusers fault.

Now theyre forcing everyone to convert their accounts to battle.net and youre supposed to log in using your email.Finding someones email adress out is a lot easier than finding out a account name of your own choice as it was before.Security is crappy,they need to do something about it or give people the authenticator they sell for free.They should include it with the game tbh.

I had a lot of fun when i started playing,getting pvp gear etc when you still could get pvp weapons without insanely high arena rating but the pve people got jelaous and made such a fuss over the pvp weapons for badges and honor so blizz removed them.

I could rant about it forever but i wont,i'll just change game instead.
Old 10-22-09, 03:26 AM   #31
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post

So our the people who come on forums just to talk down to others.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-09, 07:44 AM   #32
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
So our the people who come on forums just to talk down to others.
You mean "are"

And for the record. I never said that everyone who plays WoW is an idiot kid or a lonely adult. What I said was thats what the game was made for. Its a game that targets idiot kids and lonely adults. Since there are a lot of them, they have been successful.

While Everquest was a game that targeted hardcore gamers. That also does not mean that every person who played Everquest was a hardcore gamer, it was just the crowd they targeted.

So, I wasn't insulting anyone.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote