Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-26-09, 10:11 AM   #13
|MaguS|

Default Re: Official Borderlands Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63 View Post
Lets see some hi res pics...I need to look at this game closely before I decide.

Any higher and the game just crawls...

Last edited by |MaguS|; 07-15-11 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-26-09, 10:23 AM   #14
LordJuanlo
Widescreen rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
LOL. Like you aren't already playing it. RAZER 1911 - Proper. Check your HD I bet it's there.
Are you calling me pirate?. WTF are you talking about?. Are you braindead or just plain stupid?
ATI 5870 (Graphics) + GeForce 9600GT (PhysX) on Samsung SM244T 1920x1200
LG GGW-H20L BluRay & HD-DVD / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 DTS / Westone 3 Earphones
Asus Xonar D2 / 360 Elite Wireless Controller / Gigabyte Odin GT 800W
Windows 7 x64
(also a 360 and a PSP )
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-09, 10:28 AM   #15
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJuanlo View Post
Are you calling me pirate?. WTF are you talking about?. Are you braindead or just plain stupid?
Is there an option for all of the above?
Old 10-26-09, 10:36 AM   #16
LurkerLito

From the reviews and hype, this game is tempting, but I have to pass. Too many games to play, not enough time for them all, and more on the way so a game that wasn't on my must buy list has to wait till at least the first price drop.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-09, 10:47 AM   #17
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Comparing this to Fallout 3 seems odd - while there are superficial aesthetic similarities, the gameplay and overall presentation is nothing like it at all. The graphics do not look "cartoony" at all when you're actually playing the game either. This game really has a unique feel to it. It's definitely a combination of several different types of games but they all come together very well. I only spent a couple hours on the X-Box version but it was enough to know I will not regret purchasing it.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-09, 11:01 AM   #18
DansFace

jesus this thread is horrible!
I'm stoked to give it a try when i get home from work. anyone care to play?
I'm on the west coast

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-09, 11:05 AM   #19
HiCZoK4

Lol what is this game? Only seen some cgi about year ago
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-09, 11:09 AM   #20
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Unfortunately can't even play the game for another 3 hours because of the weird Steam unlock time, but at least it's preloaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4
Lol what is this game? Only seen some cgi about year ago
It's a coop-focused FPS with heavy action-RPG elements. Basically think of a mix of World of Wacraft questing and character development, Diablo-style loot and grouping, and FPS style shooting action and you have a basic idea of how the game plays. The visual style is highly stylized and fairly unique (cel-shading and slightly disproportionate characters give it a sort of comic-book feeling). The sound design, especially the weapon sounds and music, is top-notch and really thickens the game's atmosphere.

There are sure to be flaws with the game but I never saw any while I was playing.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-09, 11:27 AM   #21
Yaboze

I have this on the 360 because I wasn't sure I'd like it, but my friends are all playing it on the 360.

The game has a similar background to Fallout 3, but it's totally different in gameplay and story.

First off, Fallout 3 is in a post-nuclear war setting in the DC area of the US, along with some other areas in the Eastern US. Fallout 3 has a linear story, with tons of side quests and is very open and sandbox like. You make your character, take the skills you want as you go and level up. It's an RPG with some FPS elements. Where you hit or not is not based on twitch aim.

Borderlands is more of an action FPS with RPG elements like XP, getting loot, levelling and add training new skills that pertain to the character class you picked.

There's a soldier who can deploy turrets, a sniper chick and a melee juggernaut dude.

The game plays sorta like a MMO. You talk to NPC's get quests, kill these guys, grab these items, infilitrate this area and return to the quest giver. The quest giver then gives a quest to talk to more NPC's, who are spread out further.

The game takes place on another planet, not earth after the A-Bomb. It's just a wasteland. It borrows a lot from Madmax, but again, Madmax was on earth. There are "zones" in this game. Areas that you use an item and port into, then complete and port out. It's not one huge map like Fallout 3.

It's similar to Hellgate London in many ways, but better. It has that Diablo II type of feel. Kill tons of mobs, do quests, gain loot, sell loot, train new skills, etc.

The graphics look good in some spots, other times the shadows and NPC's looked kinda bad, but overall it's very stylized and it's a lot of fun.

Just don't expect a deep game like Fallout 3 where you can really customize your character do all that hacking/science/tinkering stuff you could in Fallout 3.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-09, 11:29 AM   #22
|MaguS|

I would say its an FPS Diablo like game...
Old 10-26-09, 11:41 AM   #23
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
I have this on the 360 because I wasn't sure I'd like it, but my friends are all playing it on the 360.

The game has a similar background to Fallout 3, but it's totally different in gameplay and story.

First off, Fallout 3 is in a post-nuclear war setting in the DC area of the US, along with some other areas in the Eastern US. Fallout 3 has a linear story, with tons of side quests and is very open and sandbox like. You make your character, take the skills you want as you go and level up. It's an RPG with some FPS elements. Where you hit or not is not based on twitch aim.

Borderlands is more of an action FPS with RPG elements like XP, getting loot, levelling and add training new skills that pertain to the character class you picked.

There's a soldier who can deploy turrets, a sniper chick and a melee juggernaut dude.

The game plays sorta like a MMO. You talk to NPC's get quests, kill these guys, grab these items, infilitrate this area and return to the quest giver. The quest giver then gives a quest to talk to more NPC's, who are spread out further.

The game takes place on another planet, not earth after the A-Bomb. It's just a wasteland. It borrows a lot from Madmax, but again, Madmax was on earth. There are "zones" in this game. Areas that you use an item and port into, then complete and port out. It's not one huge map like Fallout 3.

It's similar to Hellgate London in many ways, but better. It has that Diablo II type of feel. Kill tons of mobs, do quests, gain loot, sell loot, train new skills, etc.

The graphics look good in some spots, other times the shadows and NPC's looked kinda bad, but overall it's very stylized and it's a lot of fun.

Just don't expect a deep game like Fallout 3 where you can really customize your character do all that hacking/science/tinkering stuff you could in Fallout 3.
So was it worth the money? Is it as addictive as some are saying?
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-09, 11:45 AM   #24
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N View Post
The only people its unlocked for at this point are pirates. Still over 12 hours to go.
Not true, its unlocked at retail.