Right. You chose option 1. Got it. *wink*
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 11:20 AM   #14
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Re: Torchlight - A review from a Diablo 2 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
You sound like one of those Final Fantasy VII freaks to whom every other jrpg out there is crap compared to it. Diablo II is crap by today's standards and so is FF VII. Get with the times old man.

You're letting your feelings towards immature kids who play WoW 24/7 affect you opinion of this game. Or in other words you're getting old and nothing today is as good as it was back then.

Nobody has ever claimed that Torchlight would be as good as Diablo II, what people are saying is that the game is SIMILAR to it and thus very fun and worth the 15. If an updated version of Diablo II came out today for 15 it would be an easy choice, but this is not the case however.

Based of the gameplay-videos I've seen of Diablo III, I think you're gonna be severely disappointed with it.
*wink*
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 11:35 AM   #15
LurkerLito

Interesting review but wrong IMO. The gameplay is exactly the same as all the other Diablo Clones. I can't see how you would say this one is boring and the others are any better, the gameplay is nearly identical in every game. Sure the story for the games like Diablo 1/2 and Titan's Quest were better but gameplay really? The gameplay is the same on all of them with slight deviations on the skill trees and art style. The only real complaint I have about this game is the Skill trees. You can pick anything once you are at that level, there are no prerequisite skills you need to place points into before you can use a skill. Not necessarily a bad thing for some skills, but it doesn't make sense for others because you'd expect you'd need something like Marksman skill before you could use something like targeted shot.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 12:05 PM   #16
Buio

Not everyone likes all games, I couldn't care less about negative reviews.

I love the game and I'm a hardcore ARPG:r. Torchlight has the perfect ARPG feel, which is so hard to get right.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 12:48 PM   #17
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
Diablo 2 is the best game I've ever played.
Lol, that's funny, I wouldn't even rank it in my top 100 and I did complete it...

Found it too simplistic and boring, it's a mind numbing diversion at best... what strategy, play some deep turn based game and you'll use your brain... point and click, keep a hot button on the health potion and always make sure you have an escape route and you'll do fine...

I also try to play games like this where one death = end of game, so if you're a reload freak it's even easier...

Best part about these type of games (Diablo 1, 2, titans quest, dung siege ...etc) is they are fun to play on a LAN with kids, played them with my cousins and sister we had a riot cause they get so involved and caught up in it...

Just my 2 cents...

Vanz
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 12:49 PM   #18
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

I think it's pretty fun. Definitely worth $20. And yes I played Diablo 2 for years. You are exaggerating everything about Diablo 2 to compare it to this game. The gameplay is identical and the skills are not all "aoe everything". If you'd actually spent more than 10 minutes on it you'd know that.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 01:11 PM   #19
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
I think it's pretty fun. Definitely worth $20. And yes I played Diablo 2 for years. You are exaggerating everything about Diablo 2 to compare it to this game. The gameplay is identical and the skills are not all "aoe everything". If you'd actually spent more than 10 minutes on it you'd know that.
show me 3 "neat" destroyer skills.

That challenge is for anyone. Just 3. For Diablo 2 and titan quest, almost every skill was pretty valuable in its own way. But for This game, just show me 3. Honestly, i couldnt find a single one.
Old 10-29-09, 01:14 PM   #20
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Another thing. I would like everyone's steam ID's that play this game. I want to see your playtime in two weeks. If you think this game is so "great", then surely after 2 weeks it will still be fun.

So give me your steam ID, and I'll check it in 2 weeks. If you are still playing it consistently, I'll consider myself wrong.

Old 10-29-09, 01:14 PM   #21
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Why should I bother? You've already decided you hate the game. I posted to voice a contrary opinion for other people who read this thread and might be less inclined to try the game.

Frankly my play time won't be that high because I'm also playing Borderlands and Dragon Age comes out next week. But the game is definitely worth getting for ARPG fans.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-29-09, 01:25 PM   #22
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Why should I bother? You've already decided you hate the game. I posted to voice a contrary opinion for other people who read this thread and might be less inclined to try the game.

Frankly my play time won't be that high because I'm also playing Borderlands and Dragon Age comes out next week. But the game is definitely worth getting for ARPG fans.
oh no....

3 skills. List them. Can you even remember 3 skills? The game is so uninspiring, I can't remember any of them. They were all "stomp for area effect" or "put skill points in this to increase 1% damage in swords" . Wow, sounds like so much fun!

And steam ID, please.
Old 10-29-09, 01:29 PM   #23
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
oh no....

3 skills. List them. Can you even remember 3 skills? The game is so uninspiring, I can't remember any of them. They were all "stomp for area effect" or "put skill points in this to increase 1% damage in swords" . Wow, sounds like so much fun!

And steam ID, please.
You played 1 class for 10 minutes. You aren't really in a position to criticize the game objectively. You decided it was bad before you ever gave it a chance. Can I remember the names of skills? No, I just got the game last night and only played a couple of hours. There were a few summons and some nice nuke spells on my alchemist is all I remember. Oh and asking my Steam ID to check my play time doesn't prove anything other than that you can't come up with any reasonable criticism of the game other than "I don't like it because it isn't Diablo 2".

Also I'm on the NVNews group and you can check my play time whenever you want.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-29-09, 01:33 PM   #24
Buio

Quote:
oh no....
I guess you needed your own thread to continually whine about the game.

Please keep it out of the other Torchlight thread.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote