Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 7

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-08-09, 01:16 PM   #25
Yaboze

Default Re: Vista will be like AGP for some, even with Windows 7, here is why.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3777 View Post
You better check your references sir, the HD 3850 is in fact SUPERIOR to all 8800 series cards. The Windows 7 Video Experience rating in the control panel for my AGP 512mb HD 3850 is indeed 7.1, though the overall score is lower because of the 2mb memory.

Another jealous lowly PCI-E user in denial of the DOMINANCE.

Important to note: If any SUPERIOR APG users are out there, to install an ATI series AGP card in windows 7 you must download the Vista 9.10 AGP hotfix drivers to your computer & extract them to a directory. Then, install the driver directly from device manager using the ATI directory and you're all set.
Post the detailed WEI rating then. Go to the Windows Experience Rating screen, at the bottom right, under the HD rating, is a printer icon and a link to the detailed info. This shows your hardware, etc. Post that and then you can post here. Failure to post that just proves you are full of sh1t.

Benchmarks here show the PCI-E version of the card, which should be faster, is slower than a 8800 GT! Lay off the crack, please.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2217140,00.asp
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 02:23 PM   #26

Default Re: Vista will be like AGP for some, even with Windows 7, here is why.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Post the detailed WEI rating then. Go to the Windows Experience Rating screen, at the bottom right, under the HD rating, is a printer icon and a link to the detailed info. This shows your hardware, etc. Post that and then you can post here. Failure to post that just proves you are full of sh1t.

Benchmarks here show the PCI-E version of the card, which should be faster, is slower than a 8800 GT! Lay off the crack, please.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2217140,00.asp

Also the 512mb 3850 AGP would only perform less then PCI-E if the full APG bus was used, which it is not, so there is no differeence. Also your benchmarks are hardly blowing anything out of the water sir.

To remain relevant to the Windows 7 discussion, perhaps the reason an AGP 3850 card has a better experience rating then an 8800 PCI-E card is because AGP is SUPERIOR to PCI-E in Windows 7.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AGP.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	38643  
3777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 02:26 PM   #27
Raptorman
Former Marine

Send a message via MSN to Raptorman Send a message via Yahoo to Raptorman

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read.
Not As Mean, Not As Lean, But Still A Marine
Ramadi 2006, 22 MEU 2007
3rd Battalion 8th Marines WPNS CO
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995
Raptorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 02:45 PM   #28
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
That said, like PCI-E, many people who understand will stick with Vista just as many have stuck with AGP.
Thank God for that. And I was thinking about picking up W7 next week. Instead I'll spend the same money on marijuana and crack.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 02:53 PM   #29

ABSOLUTELY a good decision Bob

If you download Windows Live email, and the Vista Aero shake, snap, and peek add ons to your current Vista Ultimate sp2, you will pretty much have Windows 7.
3777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 03:34 PM   #30
Revs

What the **** is this ****??? ololololol

EDIT:

EDIT2 -53: Ha!nAna
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 05:12 PM   #31
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Send a message via AIM to Mr Bigman Send a message via MSN to Mr Bigman Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Bigman

This 3777 guy is in some serious tranz or stuck in the agp days.

66 mhz bus on a gpu don't cut no more buddy get in the now with pciEX1 its the in thing now and with new cards coming out you can experience new stuff and tell carl weathers its over.
Three EVGA 285 SLI
Antec 1200
Corsiar 1000 HX Power Supply
2 OCZ SSD Hard Drives
4 wd black edition raid 2 setups for 4TB

Old 11-08-09, 05:29 PM   #32
bob saget

Quote:
ABSOLUTELY a good decision Bob

If you download Windows Live email, and the Vista Aero shake, snap, and peek add ons to your current Vista Ultimate sp2, you will pretty much have Windows 7.
I dont have an AGP setup though, so will i be able to dominate?

Old 11-08-09, 05:35 PM   #33
Albo

Quote:
I would also like to say that Windows 7 rated my 512mb HD 3850 APG system experience as 7.1 which clearly demonstrates the DOMINANCE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I dont have an AGP setup though, so will i be able to dominate?

No
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 07:41 PM   #34
bob saget

f*ck you, always ruining my internets experience.
Old 11-08-09, 09:36 PM   #35
JasonPC

For the record my 8800 gets a score of 7.1 for Graphics and Gaming Graphics. DOMINANCE my ass...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	win7score.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	38644  
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 10:52 PM   #36
ViN86

Quote:

Also the 512mb 3850 AGP would only perform less then PCI-E if the full APG bus was used, which it is not, so there is no differeence. Also your benchmarks are hardly blowing anything out of the water sir.

To remain relevant to the Windows 7 discussion, perhaps the reason an AGP 3850 card has a better experience rating then an 8800 PCI-E card is because AGP is SUPERIOR to PCI-E in Windows 7.
Do you get the internet all the way back there in 1995?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote