Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-16-09, 03:48 AM   #13
LordJuanlo
Widescreen rules

Default Re: need a hint on Gears of War - PC version

Too much hate on this game because when it launched it shipped together with a buggy version of Games for Windows Live that made the game crash to desktop. A couple of months later after GFWL was patched the game ran butter smooth, I have finished it several times with no crashes and zero problems.

But it was too late and hate threads spread on the interwebz, to me it's similar to Windows Vista situation. After SP1 it became a quite good OS, but the initial reputation ended killing it anyway.
ATI 5870 (Graphics) + GeForce 9600GT (PhysX) on Samsung SM244T 1920x1200
LG GGW-H20L BluRay & HD-DVD / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 DTS / Westone 3 Earphones
Asus Xonar D2 / 360 Elite Wireless Controller / Gigabyte Odin GT 800W
Windows 7 x64
(also a 360 and a PSP )
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 04:58 AM   #14
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJuanlo View Post
But it was too late and hate threads spread on the interwebz, to me it's similar to Windows Vista situation. After SP1 it became a quite good OS, but the initial reputation ended killing it anyway.
Yeah, this happens all the time... the way a game runs on day one is the way people will insist it still runs years later, no matter how false that may be.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 09:22 AM   #15
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJuanlo View Post
Too much hate on this game because when it launched it shipped together with a buggy version of Games for Windows Live that made the game crash to desktop. A couple of months later after GFWL was patched the game ran butter smooth, I have finished it several times with no crashes and zero problems.

+1

Coop in GoW just rocks. I might just have to find another copy....
Old 11-16-09, 09:25 AM   #16
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
+1

Coop in GoW just rocks. I might just have to find another copy....
What? Did you sell the one you had?
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 09:52 AM   #17
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
What? Did you sell the one you had?
I did. I do an annual game clearout. Sometimes I regret it.
Old 11-16-09, 02:21 PM   #18
Nitz Walsh

I love the series. The firefights are just so much fun with the different strategies that you can employ, and nothing is more visceral than popping someones head with a sniper rifle or chainsawing them in half.

Funniest thing I've ever seen in a multiplayer match is a quad-chainsaw of one player - you can have others join in mid-chainsaw as it doesn't register the kill until the animation is complete, so playing GoW2 once we had 4 guys all screaming at once chainsawing a guy from 4 different directions - just a shower of blood and quad-AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH'S!!!!! Bloody hysterical.

There is no game out now on consoles I wish more would come to the PC. Goddammit MS and their golden goose (assuming of course in the fable the farmer is pushed into billions worth of debt from raising the goose and keeps hoping for thousands of gold eggs and some point in the future, then the analogy works).
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 04:49 PM   #19
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz Walsh View Post
I love the series. The firefights are just so much fun with the different strategies that you can employ, and nothing is more visceral than popping someones head with a sniper rifle or chainsawing them in half.

Funniest thing I've ever seen in a multiplayer match is a quad-chainsaw of one player - you can have others join in mid-chainsaw as it doesn't register the kill until the animation is complete, so playing GoW2 once we had 4 guys all screaming at once chainsawing a guy from 4 different directions - just a shower of blood and quad-AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH'S!!!!! Bloody hysterical.

There is no game out now on consoles I wish more would come to the PC. Goddammit MS and their golden goose (assuming of course in the fable the farmer is pushed into billions worth of debt from raising the goose and keeps hoping for thousands of gold eggs and some point in the future, then the analogy works).
To be honest, I bet if GOW on PC got a better reception you would see GOW2 as well. But Cliffy B stated that GOW2 will never be on PC.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 05:01 PM   #20
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
To be honest, I bet if GOW on PC got a better reception you would see GOW2 as well. But Cliffy B stated that GOW2 will never be on PC.
Yup... it sold badly and was all over torrent sites, so Cliffy says FU!
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-09, 05:23 PM   #21
blizzle

Maybe if they would of released it at the same time as the crapbox PC gamers would of bought it. I say a big FU to EPIC.