Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-25-02, 04:57 PM   #13
Scorched

Send a message via AIM to Scorched

Well, after several days of racking my brain, and bits and pieces of help from people, I finally got the drivers to compile, and they're working for the most part. The only error I've received so far in X Windows is when I try to open the Screensaver menu. It says:

"There was an error loading the module
The diagnostics is:"

and give no info at all. Does this sound like a driver problem, or another problem, with X itself, because it does the exact same thing when I try to pull up my sound info?
Scorched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-02, 06:18 PM   #14
Neko

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorched
Well, after several days of racking my brain, and bits and pieces of help from people, I finally got the drivers to compile, and they're working for the most part.
Finally
How did you solve the problem?

Quote:
The only error I've received so far in X Windows is when I try to open the Screensaver menu. It says:

"There was an error loading the module
The diagnostics is:"

and give no info at all. Does this sound like a driver problem, or another problem, with X itself, because it does the exact same thing when I try to pull up my sound info?
Popup window or console output?
If window: sounds like a problem with your window manager.
Permissions wrong, no sound daemon (esd, arts, whatever) running?
The only window managers I know well enough to be of any help are Enlightenment (currently running on this machine) and IceWM (on the machine behind me)...
Old 09-26-02, 11:02 AM   #15
srueda

Lightbulb New suggestion

Last week I had the same problem, and it was because the newest drivers needs XFree4.2, and the correct gcc compiler acording with the .tar you download.
I'm using gcc3 with XFree4.2 and the same drivers you propouse and everything is OK now.