Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-09-03, 11:04 AM   #13
RoachMojo
Who...who are you..?

Quote:
Originally posted by Riptide
Yeah no kidding... I'd set Jedi Academy down for a few days then and go back to messing with the H2 expansion.

Seriously though, it's early and all so we haven't heard much about sequels that I'm aware of. Still, I am really hoping they make another installment to this series. Have you heard anything?
Damn, I forgot all about Jedi Academy! I bought it and forgot about it after HW2 and Halo, lol! Kewl, some diversion...

Nah, I have heard nothing yet, but it must be inevitable, wouldn't ya think? I hope they jump all over that cash cow and get something going so we get an expansion in say...the next month!
Coolermaster ATC-210-VX1 case w/ Rosewill 850W PSU | Q9650@3.6Ghz w/ Zalman CNPS9700 LED | eVga 780i BIOS P10 w/ 4GB OCZ Platinum PC8500 | 3-WD 640GB + External WD 1TB + Lite On 12x Blu-ray Burner | eVga Geforce GTX470 SC w/ Sony 60EX700 HDTV | Nvidia HD Audio on Denon 1909 5.1 and Polk Speakers | Dual Booting XP Professional SP3 and Windows 7 Enterprise X64
RoachMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-03, 11:14 AM   #14
Riptide

Next month would be good for me. Why not right?

Seriously though, I'm curious to see how this thing is selling. If it's doing nearly as well as the first game then I'm sure we can expect a sequel. But if it's not doing all that good... this could be the end of the line.

These sorts of discussions make me think of "super" games of the past. you know, the ones that spawned sequel after sequel after sequel. Notable games that fit this definition of "super" game:

1) Wing Commander series
2) Ultima series
3) Anything by Sierra with a Quest in the title.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-03, 11:26 AM   #15
RoachMojo
Who...who are you..?

Lol! Fully next month.

From what I read on the Relic forums (a post from Monty Block
of Relic:http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...threadid=18391), the game is doing very well, so we will be getting a sequal. Here's a quote:

First off I want to thank the entire Homeworld 2 community for all of the support you've shown the game over the past year. We're overjoyed with the positive reviews we've received in the press and the game is almost literally flying off of the shelves<snip>

Dude! Don't forget Freespace!! Freespace 2 and BEAM WEAPONS....
Coolermaster ATC-210-VX1 case w/ Rosewill 850W PSU | Q9650@3.6Ghz w/ Zalman CNPS9700 LED | eVga 780i BIOS P10 w/ 4GB OCZ Platinum PC8500 | 3-WD 640GB + External WD 1TB + Lite On 12x Blu-ray Burner | eVga Geforce GTX470 SC w/ Sony 60EX700 HDTV | Nvidia HD Audio on Denon 1909 5.1 and Polk Speakers | Dual Booting XP Professional SP3 and Windows 7 Enterprise X64
RoachMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-03, 02:43 PM   #16
Floruro
Ayahuascero

Default Jedi Knight

After getting Halo, then now Homeworld 2 and Freedom Fighters, i just uninstalled Jedi Academy straight. These new games are so good its crazy. I am picking up Chrome tomorrow, and after playing the demo, i am really looking forward to it. Suddenly after a long dry period, really good games are popping up everywhere!
Q6600@3.45ghz | Asus Rampage Formula | Corsair Dominator pc8500 4x1gb | Asus 4870 |X-FI Fata1ty | MIST 1000Watt | EIZO 2401 | Logitech z 5500 | Beyerdynamic DT770 pro/80 |G25 etc | Playing as Ghettorat/Sensimilia/Lungemos
Floruro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-03, 03:35 PM   #17
Riptide

Just finished JA yesterday. I don't think it would be worth $50 and I'm glad I got it for a little less than that. But it was challenging at times if you play it on jedi knight or better difficulty. It wasn't completely boring even though the gfx are a tad dated.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-03, 03:43 PM   #18
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Floruro
After getting Halo, then now Homeworld 2 and Freedom Fighters, i just uninstalled Jedi Academy straight. These new games are so good its crazy. I am picking up Chrome tomorrow, and after playing the demo, i am really looking forward to it. Suddenly after a long dry period, really good games are popping up everywhere!
is chrome a fps or what ?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote