Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 7

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-08-09, 10:53 AM   #85
betterdan

Default Re: Windows 7 Officially Out Now!

Good to see you move into modern times Grey

I was the same way with XP and Vista but the free trial of Win 7 helped me make the change.
Old 12-08-09, 11:12 AM   #86
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Got Win7 Ult. installed this morning. haven't had much time to install apps/games etc and tinker with it, but so far it's nothing shy of a

I've been avoiding any upgrades lately, but this is one I'm glad I went with.
Told ya!
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 12:22 PM   #87
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterdan View Post
Good to see you move into modern times Grey

I was the same way with XP and Vista but the free trial of Win 7 helped me make the change.
Takes a tow truck with me sometimes.

Can't wait to tweak this OS, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
Old 12-08-09, 12:28 PM   #88
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Takes a tow truck with me sometimes.

Can't wait to tweak this OS, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
Let me know if you get your mic working for L4D2. I got some serious feedback from my mic, and I may have to reconfigure it for online gaming.
Old 12-08-09, 02:11 PM   #89
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Let me know if you get your mic working for L4D2. I got some serious feedback from my mic, and I may have to reconfigure it for online gaming.
I'll set it up tonight DD and let you know. With yours..you sounded pretty clear to me, is your mic just too close to your speakers?

Silly question I know..have to ask.
Old 12-08-09, 02:11 PM   #90
betterdan

I gotta get in there and play L4D2 with you guys soon.
I've lost most of my Okie accent since I've been living in Virginia but I still have enough of it to laugh at if you hear me on the mic.
Old 12-08-09, 02:16 PM   #91
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterdan View Post
I gotta get in there and play L4D2 with you guys soon.
I've lost most of my Okie accent since I've been living in Virginia but I still have enough of it to laugh at if you hear me on the mic.

Already laughing
Old 12-08-09, 02:40 PM   #92
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
I'll set it up tonight DD and let you know. With yours..you sounded pretty clear to me, is your mic just too close to your speakers?

Silly question I know..have to ask.
Naa..I have my speakers (all 6 of them) all across the room. I don't know what it is. I'll take a look-see again tonight.

Old 12-08-09, 06:32 PM   #93
grey_1

Quote:
Naa..I have my speakers (all 6 of them) all across the room. I don't know what it is. I'll take a look-see again tonight.
I don't get this. My mic seems to be hot all the time in game even with the PTT selected.

Did you find any additional settings to configure other than the standard playback and record, levels etc? I can't find a single reason why it won't work like it should.

Other than that, I can't believe how quick this OS is. I haven't even re-overclocked my rig yet and it already feels twice as snappy as Vista.
Old 12-09-09, 09:10 AM   #94
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
I don't get this. My mic seems to be hot all the time in game even with the PTT selected.

Did you find any additional settings to configure other than the standard playback and record, levels etc? I can't find a single reason why it won't work like it should.

Other than that, I can't believe how quick this OS is. I haven't even re-overclocked my rig yet and it already feels twice as snappy as Vista.
That's the exact problem that I'm having. I'm thinking that this is a glitch in Windows 7. I did not have this issue with Vista.

Last night after I got home from work, I cooked and spent some time with my girl and the kids. And I cleaned. I didn't have a chance to even turn my desktop on. I will do some googling today and see if I can find anything else out about this issue.
Old 12-09-09, 10:17 AM   #95
grey_1

Quote:
That's the exact problem that I'm having. I'm thinking that this is a glitch in Windows 7. I did not have this issue with Vista.

Last night after I got home from work, I cooked and spent some time with my girl and the kids. And I cleaned. I didn't have a chance to even turn my desktop on. I will do some googling today and see if I can find anything else out about this issue.
ok, thx. I'll do the same and see if I can find a solution. All I've seen so far are clowns suggesting muting the mic.

Very helpful.

EDIT: Hehe, maybe I'm the clown

Found this on steam forums.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1032568

Will check it out when I get time tonight.

UPDATE: This is maddening, even after muting the mic in sound control panel and/or using an autoexec.cfg in L4D2 cfg, it's still hot all the time. When in game it doesn't show. Hitting the PTT gives me the 'chat' bubble etc, but it's always hot.

This is both with 7's default sounds drivers and my hardware specific (latest) drivers. It doesn't seem like any fix works for everyone either. ymmv.
Old 12-10-09, 11:48 AM   #96
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
ok, thx. I'll do the same and see if I can find a solution. All I've seen so far are clowns suggesting muting the mic.

Very helpful.

EDIT: Hehe, maybe I'm the clown

Found this on steam forums.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1032568

Will check it out when I get time tonight.

UPDATE: This is maddening, even after muting the mic in sound control panel and/or using an autoexec.cfg in L4D2 cfg, it's still hot all the time. When in game it doesn't show. Hitting the PTT gives me the 'chat' bubble etc, but it's always hot.

This is both with 7's default sounds drivers and my hardware specific (latest) drivers. It doesn't seem like any fix works for everyone either. ymmv.
This problem was happening in Vista for this guy, and here is the discussion...