Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-15-09, 03:46 PM   #13
|MaguS|

Default Re: Sony considering monthly fees for PSN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
It sounds like they are going to do what XBL already does. You can download a bunch of stuff for free but the good stuff is via subscription. So they are going XBL .
No XBLive you need to pay for online play and access to demos early. PSN will probably offer subscription based systems like they already have in place such as Qore which is a digital magazine. All new demos and content are already available to everyone the day in launches, Qore members just get exclusives like magazine subscribers use to get.
Old 12-18-09, 08:09 PM   #14
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Looks like they're following XBL Gold membership but for $70? That's more than XBL Gold membership. But I do like free access to PSOne games, etc. If they lower the price, then it'd be a better deal. Also looks like cross-game voice chat won't be free but online gaming'll still be free.

Quote:
Survey: Sony Considering Premium PlayStation Network Subscriptions

A survey sent from IPSOS Online Research indicates that Sony is considering premium subscription plans for the PlayStation Network, detailing potential prices and premium services, including full hour game trials, free access to PSOne Classics, and cross-game voice chat.

...More at URL.
http://kotaku.com/5429592/survey-son...-subscriptions

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-09, 09:58 PM   #15
|MaguS|

Its not even known if that survey is really from Sony. No one got back and its from a third party. Most confirmed Surveys from Sony are usually directly from Sony to PS Insiders (I got one awhile back about comics for PSP before it was announced).

Alot of things are questionable, like discless Netflix which Netflix said themselves wont be till late next year, or Access to Facebook which we already get.
Old 12-19-09, 08:49 AM   #16
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

PSN network needs to beef up tremendously before I'll pay a dime. Xbox Live is light years ahead of PSN in terms of service and reliability. Thats why they can charge. Right now, PSN is just a piece of garbage.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-09, 09:10 AM   #17
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
PSN network needs to beef up tremendously before I'll pay a dime. Xbox Live is light years ahead of PSN in terms of service and reliability. Thats why they can charge. Right now, PSN is just a piece of garbage.
What are you talking about? Where do you get these ideas from?

Do a google search for "PSN downtime" and "XBL downtime" and compare them over the past year. They have both been down about the same time.

The only advantage that PSN has over XBL is the party system (chat between games). Besides that, they offer practically the same services. PSN has games and demos (I prefer PSN cause I can pay cash for games, I ****ing hate MS points) and so does XBL. Both services offer Netflix, except you need a Gold subscription on XBL, PSN is free as long as you have a Netflix subscription.

And PSN is going to be getting parties soon. It was confirmed by a guy (accidentally) from Naughty Dog about 2 months ago.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-09, 11:15 AM   #18
|MaguS|

Actually PSN has had less unscheduled downtime then XBLive has had.